ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend.

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend

Post by NightFright »

The problem is not only occurring on XP. I got Win 7 (x64) running and that latest release candidate causes the same issue for me.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Thanks for letting me know. What's your video card? Is your Windows up to date with the latest patches?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

My system:
Windows 7 64bit (latest updates)
Intel Core i5/750 @2.67 GHz, 4GB RAM
nvidia GeForce 9500 GT (ForceWare 341.44)
VGA

Post by VGA »

I found the reason I was having problems with other source ports, it was a Zdoomism after all!
https://github.com/bradharding/doomretro/issues/176

You can fix it by not appending -file for each wad.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

How is it a "Zdoomism", I wonder?
edward850

Post by edward850 »

VGA wrote:it was a Zdoomism after all!
Last edited by edward850 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Isn't it different from vanilla behaviour for no good reason, creating incompatibility with other ports?
edward850

Post by edward850 »

You have a funny idea on what the word compatibility means. Of course you can't expect the command line args to match exactly in the first place, and yes it makes sense for ZDoom/well-anything-really to allow for multiple values in the same parameter, if more than one instance can exist.

It comes down to the launcher to be designed to handle the specified port, simply because different parameters are expected to exist in the first place. Or are you going to start complaining that ZDoom launchers don't come with -maxdemo? :P
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I uploaded a new RC, it should fix the "5.1" issue and all paths are quoted. I'm still waiting for a reply from the Lazarus team about the tab drawing issue...if I don't get one, I'll think about what to do.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Bloodbat, if you stop appending -file for each wad then you keep ZDoom compatibility but fix it for the other ports.

How about that, Edward?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I can confirm the "5.1" message error has been fixed now with RC8. Thumbs up!
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I just posted RC9, this is for people under Windows XP (or for people that have problems drawing vertical tabs in a higher Windows version, odd as it seems, perhaps driver related) that fixes the Ms induced inability to properly draw vertical tabs, the interface is now handled through a nice tree, for Windows Vista and higher this change is optional and can be toggled via the options menu -> Tabbed Interface (the program defaults to a tabbed interface for those users), under the XP family this option is disabled and the tree is always used (blame Ms), the tree requires a higher desktop resolution (1024x768 and higher should be fine).
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

RC9 had button placement broken, sorry :S...I have uploaded a fixed RC10 ;)
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

ZDoom Executor 1.1.8 has been released! This version includes a number of bug fixes and fulfills some requests ;).

Changes:

* Add: Program can be minimized to tray, it can minimize itself on game launch, right click menu can be used for interaction.
* Change: cursor follows selected item when reordering external files using the buttons.
* Change: all external files are passed after a single "-file" parameter instance.
* Fix: potential crashes under certain conditions when program's started.
* Change: passed paths are now quoted.
* Fix: program's now UAC aware when trying to register icons.
* Change: zde.pk3 works from RAM now.
* Add: several keyboard shortcuts.
* Add: five more quick profile slots, all ten have better tooltips now.
* Add: WIP manual, accesible from the Wiki or the Help menu.
* Fix: some rendering errors (forms are now double buffered).
* Change: "List Known IWADs" window can be resized.
* Add: option to load latest saved file for a given profile.
* Fix: credits were missing Silk Icons' author name.
* Add: if program finds a newer zde.pk3 than the one that was loaded last time program was started (and closed) the IWAD list will update to reflect proverbial changes (mostly useful for stuff still in developement, say...The Adventures of Square and Freedoom).
* Add: if a profile is loaded, the "Profile Save As..." dialog will now use the name of that loaded profile as default suggestion.
* Fix: IP address input wasn't always showing at Lazarus' whim, it is now a collection of spin controls (though addresses can still be copied and pasted).
* Add: "Output Console" page to capture ZDoom's console output if launched with the corresponding "Pipe ZDE Console Output to ZDE Console". Internal console can be cleared, saved to file and the font can be changed.
* Add: option to automatically save the complete program configuration to a profile on exit that will auto load next laucnh.
* Fix: maps with unique or weird nomenclatures can now be typed in the "Map" combobox and will be passed to ZDoom.
* Add: new Demos & Debug page for controlling those ZDoom options.
* Add: missing options: avg and timer to multiplayer page and turbo to advanced page.
* Add: missing command line options: -avg, -timer and -turbo
* Add: a folder can be added as an external file: no need to add each file individually.
* Add: default paths can be set for IWADs, PWADs and profiles, ZDE's file browser will now open to those paths by default if set, also enables the Library option to easily add one or more files to the external files list (can be done recursively), several options for adding and opening files can be accessed by mouse right click.
* Change: external file precedence can be selected between ZDE's default (for compatibility with already made profiles for old versions) and ZDoom's "proper" order, for more information check the manual
* Fix: external files box crash when dragging and dropping beyond the boundaries of that box; when program thinks user is dragging an empty box, and when nothing is selected but buttons are enabled (they are no longer enabled if nothing's selected).
* Change: tweaks for users with bigger fonts.
* Miscelaneous optimizations and tweaks.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I just uploaded 1.1.8 build 22, this fixes a small bug: clicking the Exit menu when the program is minimized to tray didn't produce the intended effect. Everything else is the same as 1.1.8 build 21.

Return to “Launchers”