ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend.

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
enderkevin13

Re: ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend

Post by enderkevin13 »

I just tried it, and it works like magic! I'm just curious on how to record demos.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I'm glad it's working for you.
Check here
https://sourceforge.net/p/zdexe/wiki/Ma ... -debug-tab
for information about recording (and playing) demos :).
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Any chance you can upload an updated zde.pk3 that properly detects latest FreeDoom versions (0.10 and 0.10.1)?

There is also another version of Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl (v1.1) which doesn't seem to be detected/recognized (at least not with version number).

File name: action2.wad
File date: Dec 26, 2013
Size: 141.780.101 Bytes
Version: 1.1
MD5: c106a4e0a96f299954b073d5f97240be

Released by Scuba Steve in December 2013 as an update together with the "Dead of Winter" addon to provide ZDoom 2.7.1 support. I guess you can also label the initial release as v1.0, then (currently has no version number).
Last edited by NightFright on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I uploaded it a few hours above, go figure, thanks for the info on Urban Brawl, I'll add it right now and upload an updated one shortly.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Sourceforge seems to be in the middle of a lobotomy, meanwhile, here's the file.
Attachments
zde.pk3
Updated zde.pk3
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

The FreeDoom iwads are now properly recognized, however, the AD2 one still isn't. If you just copied my MD5, maybe it's better if you verify the checksum by yourself, it can be that I made a mistake there.

*Edit*
Verified it again with WinMD5, but checksum is pretty much the same, just without capital letters. Updated checksum above.
Last edited by NightFright on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Average

Post by Average »

Hi Bloodbat. Are you still working on ZDE, at all? If you are would you consider allowing the program to remember the Use Advanced Settings tick box settings? At the moment, if I want to use advanced settings I have to go to the tab and tick the boxes on every load. I frequently use the No Music and No Sound options and it's quite cumbersome as is. Or perhaps you could add the No Music, No SFX and No Sound to the first pages as Flags beside the Monsters Flags (though I understand that would require more work). Thanks for what you've done so far and thanks for any response. :)
patrik

Post by patrik »

If I may, I have suggestion to make managment of external files more comfortable: allow Delete key to remove files and Home/PageUp/PageDown/End to move them in their load order.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Sourceforge seems to be back, though it seems a bit dim and unfeeling :P. Anyway, I updated the file with the new checksum, so all should be well now.
Yes, I do work on ZDE still...though I haven't had much time and I deem it stable and usable enough for most needs, there's real life work and all those evil, evil things that not even the Doomguy can beat. When I find some time I've been creating a framework for a text GUI that I'm using on my Doom Setup replacement that's being developed in parallel with it (Steam versions ship without it and, yep, it's for real DOS) since I'm writing the whole thing from scratch, want it to be modular and friendlier than turbo vision, it's a bit of a time sink; I'm also writing a grid mapper for RPG games since I find the ones I managed to track down unfit for my needs...so there's another time sink and...finally, to be honest, Brutal Doom starter pack was also quite a sink...I finished it today :P. There are, indeed, plans to move forward ZDE, check the next post.
As for the feature you requested...check here.
https://sourceforge.net/p/zdexe/wiki/Ma ... le-on-exit
If for some reason that doesn't work, let me know so I can fix it.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

patrik wrote:If I may, I have suggestion to make managment of external files more comfortable: allow Delete key to remove files and Home/PageUp/PageDown/End to move them in their load order.
I'll ponder it ;)
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Well, I've been asked a few questions here about ZDE, so, now it's time I asked some back :P
-What's your screen resolution and your OS? I need to know so I can decide how to implement a new GUI feature.
-Would you like to see a more eyecandish interface? Same exact functionality, only prettier, slicker and more graphically engaging...think kind of steam or the retroarch XBM (no, this doesn't have any bearing on question #1).
Thanks for your help in advance.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

1920x1080, Windows 10.

I wouldn't mind seeing more eye candy for ZDE. It's my primary launcher for Doom. Probably have an option to turn it off for those who dislike such things.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Thanks for your comments, Hellser :), I hope I can get a bigger sample of resolutions at least.
Aaanyway...a new version has been released (1.2.1):

-Add: the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys can now be used as shortcuts to the Move External File Up and Move External File Down buttons, respectively.
-Add: the "Delete" key can be used to remove external files.
-Add: latest Freedom versions, different Action Doom 2 version.
-Fix: correct Strife version numbers.
-Change: make the command line arguments edit slightly larger so its edge is in line with the extended parameters border, etc.
-Add: new "Mod Name" box (if you don't want to write one, it will be magically filled from your filename).

The Home and End keys are part of the box's navigation so...no change for those, though you can keep the PageUp and PageDn keys pressed to achieve a similar effect :P.
patrik

Post by patrik »

Thanks for implementing my hotkeys suggestions. :)
By reskin, do you mean entirely different layout, or just alternate shapes and color set for buttons and such like? I dont mind either of those, but I would prefer if it was just optional.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

You're welcome :).
I mean kind of a different layout with a new colour scheme...not so dissimilar, though...as for optional...that's a tad more difficult...since it's not just a colour change or a reskin but a redesign of most of the controls themselves.
News:
A new zde.pk3 has been released, it adds recognition support for Adventures of Square 1.3.

Return to “Launchers”