ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend.

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
user5124

Re: ZDoom Executor new ZDoom (and related projects) Frontend

Post by user5124 »

Bloodbat wrote:What happens if you run it with Aero enabled?
What happens if you run it without the tabbed interface? (Uncheck Options -> Tabbed interface).
'

Thanks for taking a look. :)

Tabbed interface off just squishes it even more:
scaling2.png
Aero made it uglier but didn't change the behaviour:
scaling3.png
Gezzdt

Post by Gezzdt »

I think it has something to do with windows high dpi scaling. If i turn back the scaling to 100% it acts normal. I am on Windows 10 64bit.
user5124

Post by user5124 »

Gezzdt wrote:I think it has something to do with windows high dpi scaling. If i turn back the scaling to 100% it acts normal. I am on Windows 10 64bit.
That's what I said in my first post :lol: :mrgreen: but I can't roll that back to 100%, it causes windows to be hard to use on a high res display..
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

I can't go as high or Windows becomes unusable for me, but in my tests scaling works fine at 125. What happens if you try it like that? I tested this under Windows 10 64 bit.
Gezzdt

Post by Gezzdt »

It is fixed if i scale down to 100% and log off and on again. Than i can scale to 125%. But after another relog its cut off again.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

For people that suffer from form scaling problems, I've put a new ZDE beta up, it can be found at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zdexe/files/beta/
That beta also fixes the issue with ZDoom ignoring files named like somefile.1.0.wad: the .wad extension is passed for files with more than one period.
It includes some new stuff as well, but no manual for it yet at the wiki, one will be provided when testing is over. Some stuff is not tested yet by my beta tester though it functions as it should on my end, so I recommend backing up your profiles and if anything seems off or broken, do tell me, please.
subenji

Post by subenji »

My friends ran into a bug with the latest ZDE, though it didn't happen to me.
The first file listed in external files wasn't being added to the command line.
Here are screenshots of his setup:
http://i.imgur.com/uMifzkA.png
http://i.imgur.com/e4eaIBg.png
http://i.imgur.com/hLJLzOk.png
http://i.imgur.com/Vjum6p9.png

and the commandline that got passed:

Code: Select all

GZDoom version g2.2pre-1651-g4940f02 (4940f0249d6d6982f6cf9578d8afea40affe3457)
Command line: D:\Doom\gzdoom.exe -iwad "D:\Doom\DOOM2" -file "D:\Doom\doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "D:\Doom\doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "D:\Doom\doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-Brightmaps" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-Doom1" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLArsenal" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLMonsters"  -join 
We confirmed that it was the first external file that would be missing from the command line sent. For whatever reason, this doesn't happen to me and was not happening before this attempt to play for any of us.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Can you add support for Doom 2 BFG Edition?
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

It already supports it in the way of selecting a custom Doom2.wad, and as you see here. It supports it.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

enderkevin13 wrote:Can you add support for Doom 2 BFG Edition?
And unless the .wad has been updated somehow...the WAD Identifier already recognizes the idWADs from the BFG edition as well, just point the correct paths in the Options -> Paths IWADs tab.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

subenji wrote:My friends ran into a bug with the latest ZDE, though it didn't happen to me.
Here are screenshots of his setup:
http://i.imgur.com/uMifzkA.png
http://i.imgur.com/e4eaIBg.png
http://i.imgur.com/hLJLzOk.png
http://i.imgur.com/Vjum6p9.png

Command line: D:\Doom\gzdoom.exe -iwad "D:\Doom\DOOM2" -file "D:\Doom\doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "D:\Doom\doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "D:\Doom\doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-Brightmaps" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-Doom1" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLArsenal" "D:\Doom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLMonsters"  -join 
We confirmed that it was the first external file that would be missing from the command line sent. For whatever reason, this doesn't happen to me and was not happening before this attempt to play for any of us.
I'll work on it, as of right now I'm unable to reproduce the bug.
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

subenji wrote:My friends ran into a bug with the latest ZDE, though it didn't happen to me.

I'll assume the GZDoom version g2.2[...] was just posted as additional information on the engine used?
Recreating as much as I could the external files posted on the image (I assume the DOOMRPG entries are folder-as-.pk3 cases), this is the command line I got

G:\Juegos\zdoom\gzdoom\gzdoom.exe -iwad "E:\dos\sb16\id\doom2\DOOM2" -file "E:\dos\sb16\id\Doom\DOOM" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\doomrl_arsenal_hud_1.05.wad" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\doomrl_monsters_beta_6.2.wad" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-Brightmaps" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-Doom1" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLArsenal" "G:\Juegos\zdoom\DoomRPG-master\DoomRPG-RLMonsters"  -join 127.0.0.1
Is your version modified in any way? Recompiled from source with in-house changes or something? As you can see, I am, indeed, getting the Doom 1 WAD that was listed as the first external file. In any case...if Doom 1 is the game to be played, why is the Doom 2 WAD chosen as the IWAD? (I'm not familiar with any of the mods listed, perhaps they require Doom 2 stuff?).
Testing was conducted using the latest beta version to be found at the sourceforge ZDE file repository.
Would you mind trying again after setting the IP address to 127.0.0.1 instead of empty boxes and letting me know the resulting command line?
subenji

Post by subenji »

We were using the 1.3.3 beta build, unmodified.
I'll do what I can to reproduce, but this didn't happen to me - only the friends I was trying to play with, and it didn't happen the first time. We all got correct launch parameters at first, but after gzdoom desynced and we needed to relaunch, it happened to both the clients I was playing with.
You were correct in that the mods we were playing with required Doom2 assets but we were attempting to play Doom 1, hence the doom.wad iwad and doom2.wad loaded as a pwad, and folders loaded as .pk3 files. However, we tested without the doom 1 wad at the time and still had the first external file entry missing.

I've tried to reproduce it by myself with no luck as well. I'll try to get my friends to help with reproducing this, and let you know.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

A friend of mine noticed something. We know ZDE isn't meant really for other source ports, but they all use roughly the same commands (-iwad, -file, -skill, etc.), but with Chocolate Doom, it didn't work at all for him due to the file extension omission. I can also see this as being problematic if there are two files of the same name (but not extension) in a directory, say: thatdump.wad and thatdump.pk3. Is it possible to have this feature back in again, maybe as an option?
Bloodbat

Post by Bloodbat »

Hellser wrote:A friend of mine noticed something. We know ZDE isn't meant really for other source ports, but they all use roughly the same commands (-iwad, -file, -skill, etc.), but with Chocolate Doom, it didn't work at all for him due to the file extension omission. I can also see this as being problematic if there are two files of the same name (but not extension) in a directory, say: thatdump.wad and thatdump.pk3. Is it possible to have this feature back in again, maybe as an option?
Yeah, most likely.

Return to “Launchers”