EDGE 2.1.0 Discussion [RC-1 Released on 10.3.2018]

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Twitchy2019

Re: 3DGE 2.1.0-Test3 DevBuilds Now Available (1/2017)

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Figured this is a good place to ask...

Are there any codes or console commands to activate cheats for 3DGE? Mainly I am looking to have codes
to get all weapons, ammo for all of them, and invincibility. I could never get the regular doom cheats to work.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

I also want to point out a weird glitch. When I used the latest dev build of 3DGE as of the date of this post, I noticed that sound sometimes increases and decreases with pitch. This was noted while using Duke It Out In Doom. I'm not sure what the culprit is.
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Hi, I'm down a computer and I detest software keyboards, otherwise I'd look up the cheat codes for you. The codes use to be listed in the docs folder. You might try cvrlist command or the showcmds in the console to see if they pop up there.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

warman2012 wrote:Figured this is a good place to ask...

Are there any codes or console commands to activate cheats for 3DGE? Mainly I am looking to have codes
to get all weapons, ammo for all of them, and invincibility. I could never get the regular doom cheats to work.
A few months ago console cheats were added but they were never put into an official release. They are currently only available in dev builds.

"god" and "idkfa/idfa" will work if you use a dev build. They've never been translated into proper cheats because I never really thought cheating was a huge priority to the team or the engine. I refactored the cheat system a bit to be a bit more flexible though, so it can be improved upon later on if needed.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

warman2012 wrote:I also want to point out a weird glitch. When I used the latest dev build of 3DGE as of the date of this post, I noticed that sound sometimes increases and decreases with pitch. This was noted while using Duke It Out In Doom. I'm not sure what the culprit is.
I need to add a CVAR/menu option to allow turning the sound pitch off and on. I forgot that was something I needed to do. I will add it tonight and post up a new devbuild around the same time.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Is there a way I can make an action key be a trigger instead of a button press? Like an on/off switch instead of a one press one use thing? Like, lets say I want an RTS script to be a trigger instead of a press
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

This hasnt been tested by me yet, but you can code a special to an attack using the RTS_ENABLE_TAGGED command with weapons, and including action buttons as well. I also dont mean to be vague, but I'm responding on a time crunch!
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

RUNSABER wrote:This hasnt been tested by me yet, but you can code a special to an attack using the RTS_ENABLE_TAGGED command with weapons, and including action buttons as well. I also dont mean to be vague, but I'm responding on a time crunch!
oooh yeah, im a bit confused ahaha
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Just a quick little preview of what I'm working on. A quick map that I started last night , though I sort of want to turn it into another project. Before I get ahead of myself, lets just focus on this alone, and put out some progress shots here and there!

Contingency would be the name, a shot-off from Dissolution, and what 3DGE 64 turned into,(Separation)which is the prequel to Dissolution. With these small/mediumish map layouts, I wanted to practice up on some color schemes and design experiments. So the focus is less on modding the game and showing off source port potential like I usuall go for :P
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

This project is looking great! :-)

@Chrono: a long time ago, CJ and myself implemented something like that to remove the Hellhands (from Blood, from the old Hypertension build) using an ACTION button. It is definitely possible - I'll post the code script from it since it is no longer being used in the current Hypertension build. Just give me some time to find it first ;-)
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

Coraline wrote:This project is looking great! :-)

@Chrono: a long time ago, CJ and myself implemented something like that to remove the Hellhands (from Blood, from the old Hypertension build) using an ACTION button. It is definitely possible - I'll post the code script from it since it is no longer being used in the current Hypertension build. Just give me some time to find it first ;-)
thank you!! that'd be really helpful
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

Okay, here we go. This is the (apparently unfinished, I Can't remember to be honest) script for the Hell Hand. As you can see, we use ACTION1 as an ON_CONDITION via RTS. Here's the code block in whole. We also use keys to swap back and forth to enable/disable/step the script further. Pay attention to the NAME of the script so you can see how it references itself:

Code: Select all

//hand choking script - not finished!
radiustrigger 0 0 -1
when_appear 1:2:3:4:5:sp:coop
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
//CeeJay name SLIMERATTACH
name HELLHANDJUMP
tag 20
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
enable_script HANDCHOKE1
disable_script HELLHANDJUMP
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDCHOKE1
tag 21
give_benefit KEY_GREENCARD
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
lose_benefit HEALTH(2)
playsound_bossman SLIMAT
enable_script HANDCHOKE2
disable_script HANDCHOKE1
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDCHOKE2
tag 22
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
lose_benefit HEALTH(2)
playsound_bossman SLIMAT
enable_script HANDPULL1
end_radiustrigger

//this script is for pulling the hand off the character
radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDPULL1
tag 23
oncondition ACTION1
give_benefit KEY_GREENSKULL
lose_benefit KEY_GREENCARD
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
disable_script HANDPULL1
enable_script HANDPULL2
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDPULL2
tag 24
oncondition ACTION1
give_benefit GOLDKEY
lose_benefit KEY_GREENSKULL
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
disable_script HANDPULL2
enable_script HANDPULL3
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDPULL3
tag 25
oncondition ACTION1
give_benefit SILVERKEY
lose_benefit GOLDKEY
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
disable_script HANDPULL3
enable_script HANDPULL4
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDPULL4
tag 26
oncondition ACTION1
give_benefit BRASSKEY
lose_benefit SILVERKEY
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 
wait 3t
disable_script HANDPULL4
enable_script HANDPULL5
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDPULL5
tag 27
oncondition ACTION1
give_benefit WOODENKEY
lose_benefit BRASSKEY
TIP_GRAPHIC HAND0 1t
wait 3t
disable_script HANDPULL5
enable_script HANDPULL6
end_radiustrigger

radiustrigger 0 0 -1
TAGGED_INDEPENDENT
TAGGED_REPEATABLE
TAGGED_DISABLED
name HANDPULL6
tag 28
oncondition ACTION1
lose_benefit WOODENKEY
disable_script HANDCHOKE1
disable_script HANDCHOKE2
disable_Script HANDPULL6
SLEEP
RETRIGGER
end_radiustrigger
Hope that isn't too convoluted!
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

would something like this be able to be triggered into something simple, like a flashlight that you can toggle on/off? I get the jist of it but im still a bit lost on the coding front, so heck even if theres an example code to go off of that'd be nice! RTS is still new to me.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Here's the code for the night-vision goggles in Duke it out in DOOM, toggled with the Action 2 key. You can change POWERUP_NIGHTVISION to something else, like another power-up or call for a player state in THINGS.DDF (for a more convincing flashlight effect).
Spoiler:
Here's the TIP_SLOT that's called for
Spoiler:
EDIT:
AMMO13 is a "dummy" ammo type that prevents you from using them until they've been physically found. The item itself gives you AMMO13. By removing that, all you need is AMMO12 to use it.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Although I remember discontinuing my progress on 3DGE 64, the project is STILL in development, in fact - it has been completely redone from scratch using proper Doom 64 sprites from Console Doom 64. This version of the mod does away with the obsolete and very hacky COLORMAP colored-lighting setup I used in the 2015 edition of the demo. Running on 3DGE Test 3 with QEffectsGL sideloaded. I think what I'm going for in this one is an atmospheric run-and-gunner. No new weapons, but some may have secondary alternative firing modes that are utility and combat-based.

To download and keep up with latest improvements on projects, check out my repository: http://bitbucket.org/WIZARDBAT/3dge-projects/downloads/

Return to “Game Engines”