GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Software projects like source ports (3DGE, Eternity, etc), launchers like ZDL, and other useful utilities belong in this forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Postby boris » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:40 am

Kappes Buur wrote:Do you have a binary which I can try? :)

I put up a new release: https://github.com/biwa/3dfloormode/releases/tag/v0.2.2

Changes:

• Fixed some crashes (by Xabis)
  • When creating new 3D floor, the destination sector's heights are taken into account for the default 3D floor heights (by Xabis)
  • Visibility improvements when cycling through 3D floors (by Xabis)
  • Fixed slope vertex dragging problems (slope vertices now snap to the grid as expected) (by Xabis)
  • Labels in Slope Mode now show "B" and "T" to indicate sloped 3D floors
  • Implemented option to create the slope data sector in the CSA
  • Option to reposition SVG when dragging sectors works again
boris
I post less than Manc and Hobo

Postby Kappes Buur » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Very nice indeed. Thank you.
Kappes Buur

Postby Xabis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks Boris for the new functionality.

My only concern with the slope labels is it can get a bit spammy when you have a floor crossing many sectors.
In the below example, the under-carriage of the 3d steps is a smooth slope:
labels.jpg
example
Xabis

Postby boris » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah, I know. Any suggestions to improve it? Maybe options to show the labels only under certain conditions (never/only when highlighted/always...)?
boris

Postby boris » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Ok, I added options to configure when the labels are displayed. It can be configured in Tools -> Preferences -> 3D Floor Plugin.

Also put up a new version: https://github.com/biwa/3dfloormode/releases/tag/v0.2.3

Changes:

• Lines connecting slope vertices and now highlighted when a slope vertex is highlighted
  • An undo step is created when accepting an option in the slope data sector dialog
  • Slope Mode and Draw Slope Mode are now properly canceled when pressing the cancel button in the slope data sector dialog
  • The position of the CSA is now always saved, not only after disengaging 3D Floor Mode
  • Input fields in the 3D floor editing dialog are now drawn properly
  • Added options to configure when labels for slope vertices and sectors are shown in Slope Mode (always, never, when a slope vertex is highlighted). This can be configured in Tools -> Preferences -> 3D Floor Plugin
boris

Postby Xabis » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks for the updates.

To be honest, I was expecting to only see the labels for the slope that was being highlighted with the "on slope vertex highlight" mode enabled, instead of everything.

boris wrote:Any suggestions to improve it?

If you recall, one of my earlier patches added the C/F directly to the slope line when that line was being highlighted. Maybe if it only applied to a slope line of a 3d floor it might be useful for this type of display? Your call, of course.
Xabis

Postby boris » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:48 am

Xabis wrote:To be honest, I was expecting to only see the labels for the slope that was being highlighted with the "on slope vertex highlight" mode enabled, instead of everything.

Doh! Of course the intention was to only show the labels for the highlighted slope, and not for all. Commit a patch to the repository (but no binary available).

Xabis wrote:
boris wrote:Any suggestions to improve it?

If you recall, one of my earlier patches added the C/F directly to the slope line when that line was being highlighted. Maybe if it only applied to a slope line of a 3d floor it might be useful for this type of display? Your call, of course.

I guess it could be added as an option. I'll look into it again.
boris

Previous

Return to Software and Ports