GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
boris

Re: GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Post by boris »

Sorry, apparently the forum decided to not inform me about new posts. Try the attached version.
Attachments
ThreeDFloorMode.zip
(52.62 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

THX :thumb:
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Hi, the 3d floor plugin doesnt work with the 64bit gzdb, is it correct?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

ramon.dexter wrote:Hi, the 3d floor plugin doesnt work with the 64bit gzdb, is it correct?
Yes, that is correct.
Spoiler:
I linked to boris's github page to let StrikerMan780 know about it
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=54957&start=795#p1050162
but he has not responded yet.

• fixed by boris
:thumb:
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boris

Post by boris »

Try the attached version.
Attachments
ThreeDFloorMode-x64.zip
(56.95 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Excellent, works like a charm. :)

Would you mind doing the same for the Lighting plugin, please.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

hey bud, would it be possible to update the plugin? my GZBuilder updated and now im getting an error that says the following
" Could not load plugin "ThreeDFloorMode.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory. "
boris

Post by boris »

doomfiend wrote:hey bud, would it be possible to update the plugin? my GZBuilder updated and now im getting an error that says the following
" Could not load plugin "ThreeDFloorMode.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory. "
Look a few posts up.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I've tried all plugins, unfortunately with the latest svn on GZDoom builder it stopped working (R3018)
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

doomfiend wrote:I've tried all plugins, unfortunately with the latest svn on GZDoom builder it stopped working (R3018)
I don't know what the problem on your end could be, but both plugins work as designed:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

huh, thats interesting. I think what might have happened was the gzdoom builder updater broke something, it seems it wont read any custom Dll file. what I might do is do a clean install and try that. chances are my end is completely broken and not the plugin. -fingers crossed

I really hope I can get this fixed, This plugin changed my mapping ways forever (which im surprised its not implemented directly to the builder its self honestly)

Edit:
Unfortunately I've tried a clean install, tried changing directories, tried installing builder on a different drive, I've reverted back to the old build I used way back in November, tried launching it with admin powers, and every time I get this same issue. its obviously my end as I've sent this plugin to my friend Tribeam and it worked for him. I have absolutely no Idea why my end is suddenly completely broken.
boris

Post by boris »

Did you actually use the version from viewtopic.php?p=1051041#p1051041 ?
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I have actually, Tribeam and I have the exact same GZDoom builder build we have the exact same DLL File and I've had this plugin work before. but as to what happened on my end is a complete mystery. I wish there was a way for GZDoom builder to tell me why it won't load the plugin like some sort of error message would help identify the problem I assume.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

The only big change, since r3018 both versions, I know about is that GZDBBF now needs Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.1, superceding Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 See Required software

If you don't have Windows set to automatic updates, that may account for the trouble you are experiencing.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I've actually done that. the weird thing is, this issue only started yesterday. before that everything was perfectly fine. what I might do is troubleshoot on a different thread as I honestly don't think the dll file is the issue, something probably happened with my OS either that or one of the important files are corrupt. as for .Net Framework 4.6.1 I apparently had that already installed beforehand

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”