GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
boris

Re: GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Post by boris »

Thanks for the patches, I'll have a closer look at them sometime soon. If you have an GitHub account you can also create pull requests.
thenoobest

Post by thenoobest »

I get a crash when clicking slope mode. GZDoom builder R2780, plugin 2.1b. I am too inexperienced to know if I am at fault.

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
GZDB: R2780

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
Method not found: 'Single CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Editing.GridSetup.get_GridSizeF()'.
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.ThreeDFloorMode.SlopeMode.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.display_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) in x:\Source\Core\Windows\MainForm.cs:line 1191
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
thenoobest

Post by thenoobest »

Happens every time I click on slope mode, whether or not I have a preexisting slope. I also can't seem to adjust the height for the vertices I put down in draw slopes mode. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I'll fix it. There was no reason to break plugin compatibility here.
EDIT: fixed.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Just pulled the latest gzdb from git and seems that UsePreviews in the FlatSectorControl was removed. I guess this property is not needed anymore?

I deleted the lines from the designer and it runs at least. I didn't see any fallout from the preview images on the control that I could tell.

Code: Select all

Error	CS1061	'FlatSelectorControl' does not contain a definition for 'UsePreviews' and no extension method 'UsePreviews' accepting a first argument of type 'FlatSelectorControl' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
I attached a patch to fix it for other.

Boris, I will fork your repo and use pull request from this point forward, but thought i would share this for people who may be crashing
Attachments
previewdecl.zip
patch
(500 Bytes) Downloaded 95 times
boris

Post by boris »

I've applied the patches except for this one:
Xabis wrote:* When hovering over the slope handles of a 3d floor, a label will appear to identify which plane is being worked on (floor / ceiling). It gets confusing otherwise, to determine what is being affected.
Since a SVG can be applied to both floors and ceilings at the same time, showing the indicator on the line doesn't really make sense. It should be displayed in the sector. In fact it already does so, but for sloped 3D floor this indicator is just shown in the control sector. Of course it should be also displayed in the tagged sector(s).
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

I opted with the line label because:
  1. A sector may contain a natural slope, and one or more sloped 3D floors, simultaneously. Would this create multiple sets of C/F labels for each layer, or have one shared set?
  2. 3D sectors, using this tool (with multi-tag support), can cross multiple sectors. Would this create one C/F label set for each sector the floor crosses, or one C/F label for the entire floor?
Considering the above, it didn't make sense, to me, to try to force the labels on the tagged sector(s), and seemed more intuitive to just put them on the line itself.

Do you have something else in mind?
boris

Post by boris »

I think it should just use one set of "C" and "F" labels on the sector, no matter how many slopes are in there. It uses the normal facility to place the sector labels, so each sector (or part of a sector) should have the labels. If it's for a normal slope or a sloped 3D floor is determined by the tint color.

This is what it looks right now:

The highlighted SVG (2nd from below) slopes the 3D floor control sector in the top left (green tint), and where the 3D floor is is indicated by the blue tint. So IMO the blue tinted sector parts should have the "C" and "F" labels, too. If another SVG would slope the destination sector the tint would be green. Maybe additional labels for sloped 3D floors (in the tagged (blue) sector) could be added. Like "T" for top and "B" for bottom or something (since "ceiling" and "floor" are not too intuitive).
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

fixed a crash if a sector references a non-existent svg:
https://github.com/biwa/3dfloormode/pull/1
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hey boris, would it be cool if GZDoomBuilder-BugFix ships with this plugin by default? Are there any major issues left with this plugin?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Is there a binary for that 3D floor plugin with Xabis's patch ?
boris

Post by boris »

Nash wrote:Are there any major issues left with this plugin?
I think it's mostly small things that need improvement, and some heavy code clean up.
Kappes Buur wrote:Is there a binary for that 3D floor plugin with Xabis's patch ?
No.
Nash

Post by Nash »

boris wrote:
Nash wrote:Are there any major issues left with this plugin?
I think it's mostly small things that need improvement, and some heavy code clean up.
Alright, thanks for the reply. I hope you can consider letting GZDB-BugFix ship with this plugin - when your cleanup work is done - as ZZYZX is actively maintaining the editor and IMO, it would be great if your plugin could be an official feature of the program. :D
boris

Post by boris »

boris wrote:I think it should just use one set of "C" and "F" labels on the sector, no matter how many slopes are in there. It uses the normal facility to place the sector labels, so each sector (or part of a sector) should have the labels. If it's for a normal slope or a sloped 3D floor is determined by the tint color.

This is what it looks right now:

The highlighted SVG (2nd from below) slopes the 3D floor control sector in the top left (green tint), and where the 3D floor is is indicated by the blue tint. So IMO the blue tinted sector parts should have the "C" and "F" labels, too. If another SVG would slope the destination sector the tint would be green. Maybe additional labels for sloped 3D floors (in the tagged (blue) sector) could be added. Like "T" for top and "B" for bottom or something (since "ceiling" and "floor" are not too intuitive).
Ok, I worked a bit on it and that's how it looks like now:

There are now labels for floor (F), ceiling (C), bottom of a 3D floor (B), and top of a 3D floor (T). So in the image you can see that the highlighted slope vertex slopes the top of a 3D floor (blueish tint). Of course the control sector is highlighted too (in green), and since the ceiling of the control sector translates to the top of the 3D floor, both the C in the control sector and the T in the tagged sector are highlighted, too. Might sound confusing, but I think it's pretty clear when you see it in action.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

boris wrote: There are now labels for floor (F), ceiling (C), bottom of a 3D floor (B), and top of a 3D floor (T). So in the image you can see that the highlighted slope vertex slopes the top of a 3D floor (blueish tint). Of course the control sector is highlighted too (in green), and since the ceiling of the control sector translates to the top of the 3D floor, both the C in the control sector and the T in the tagged sector are highlighted, too.
Oh, nice, that will come in handy :thumb:
boris wrote: Might sound confusing, but I think it's pretty clear when you see it in action.
Do you have a binary which I can try? :)

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”