GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Post by Kappes Buur »

In this video you have only a small green sector
Does that mean that I no longer have to drag out the green sector, as shown in this video ?
boris

Post by boris »

You still need the "green sector" (the Control Sector Area) so that the plugin knows where it can create the sectors. What you don't need to do anymore is to drag it so that it encloses the whole map. That was only needed for the old sloping method, the hole in the CSA will be removed. I just made the CSA so small in the video because I wanted to have faster access to the control sector.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ah, yeah, I remember thinking how being forced to enclose the entire map within the CSA limited my planning options... good to know that this is no longer necessary.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

I kinda have this problem. Again. Just letting you know. I don't the root of the cause per se but, I dunno. What happens happens, right yo?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Jaxxoon R wrote:I kinda have this problem. Again. Just letting you know. I don't the root of the cause per se but, I dunno. What happens happens, right yo?
1. In r2410 MaxED made some substantial changes which broke boris's 3D plugin. And until that can be resolved use a GZDB version before r2410.

2.With ThreeDFloorMode-v0.1.1a-unified.zip you no longer have to drag out the CSA across the whole area of the map. Just make sure that the CSA is large enough for all the 3D floors you want to build.
Spoiler:
3. You really should read at least the recent posts in this thread, right yo?.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

I know all about that new "don't need the inner box anymore" thing, I've read this whole thread prior to make sure no one else has already posted about the recent breakage. I'm just used to doing it the way it was before so I did it on a reflex.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I keep getting this error no matter what I do! Doesn't matter where the CSA is placed or how big I make it! Help? http://imgur.com/FSBUrDP

EDIT:

1) What's the difference between Slope Mode and Draw Slope Mode? Can't find any documentation...
2) Draw Slope Mode left and right mouse buttons were unbound by default (this was frustrating and took a while to figure out!)
3) When I place vertices in Draw Slope Mode, GZDB crashes.

All of this post is using the latest dev build of GZDB (I downloaded an hour ago) and latest unified 3D floor plugin
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Nash wrote:I keep getting this error no matter what I do! Doesn't matter where the CSA is placed or how big I make it!
Jaxxoon R made a video showing the same message above
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 75#p863964

All I can say is what I mentioned in my post item 1 above
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 75#p863979

Nash wrote:1) What's the difference between Slope Mode and Draw Slope Mode? Can't find any documentation...
It is explained at the start of the video
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 30#p828388

Nash wrote:2) Draw Slope Mode left and right mouse buttons were unbound by default (this was frustrating and took a while to figure out!)
I went through the same thing. See a couple of pages back.

Nash wrote:3) When I place vertices in Draw Slope Mode, GZDB crashes.
Just repeating, use an older GZDoom Builder before r2410.

All we can do is hope that this can be resolved.
boris

Post by boris »

I'm without stationary internet right now, and mobile plans in Germany suck, so I can't check out what's the problem. But since I can't play WoW or look at funny cat videos, I actually made some improvements to the plugin. For the same reason I can't commit them or put up a compiled version, though.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Funny cat videos is what the internet is made for. Thanks for working on this plugin (and thanks to Kappes Buur for the info). :D
boris

Post by boris »

OK, here's a new version. Since I'm still on crappy internet I can't upload screenshots of the new features :(

Changes:
  • The hole in the control sector area is gone
  • The control sector area can now be dragged around (instead of only its borders)
  • A comment is now added to managed 3D floor control sectors
  • Changed the custom field for managed 3D floors to be compliant with the UDMF specs
  • Sectors with 3D floors now have a label showing the number of 3D floors in 3D floor mode
  • Added the view selection number button from sectors mode to 3D floor mode
  • The 3D floor mode now uses multiple sector tags in UDMF
  • Slope data for undo/redo is no longer stored in a automatically created dummy sector, but in a user-configurable sector
    • Unfortunately that means you have to a tiny bit work to do - you have to let the slope drawing mode set up a management sector, where all the slope data is stored. Easiest way to do that is to create a new sector (you don't use for anything but storing the slope data in), select it and switch to slope drawing mode. Make sure to read the dialog carefully and select "Use selected sector".
  • 3D floors of currently highlighted sector can now be cycled through. This will highlight the current 3D floor in the docker and also tint all sectors that share this 3D floor
    • Combined with the change below that is a great way to select the control sector of a 3D floor
  • Added action to select the control sector of the currently highlighted 3D floor
    • Note that there is no button for it, you'll have to set a hotkey in the preferences
  • The "Show shared 3D floors only" in the 3D floor editing dialog now works properly
  • Added option to relocate 3D floor control sectors to the current position of the CSA
Download: https://github.com/biwa/3dfloormode/releases/tag/v0.2.0
Nash

Post by Nash »

Has the GZDB API been fixed yet so I can test this latest plugin or do I still need to roll back to an older version of GZDB?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Nash wrote:Has the GZDB API been fixed yet so I can test this latest plugin or do I still need to roll back to an older version of GZDB?
r2419 and plugin v0.2.0
Well, I tried it with some maps and so far I have no problems. :D
So, no need to roll back.

Thank you, boris, for fixing this.
DracoNoir

Post by DracoNoir »

Hey Boris, thanks for your help on my thread regarding double sloping sectors on 3D floors over on doomworld.

I got the slopes showing great in gzdb but when I run the level In gzdoom the slopes don't show at all on 3D floors. Also the control sectors for the 3D slopes seem to extended for about 10000 units down when their sector property shows a floor of a correct value.

Also interestingly after creating a 3D floor at the correct height, after applying a slope to its floor, in certain cases the sector floor value ends up higher than the ceiling value. Again it appears ok in visual mode but the control sector is a flat tile and the slopes don't show when the level is run.

Anyone else come across this?

Edit:

Gez quite rightly pointed out that the control sector craziness is down to them continuing the slope from the actual map sector and mine are a looong way away from the actual sectors due to the size of my map.

Still can't figure out why they arent showing properly in game though...
Last edited by DracoNoir on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Oh thank god. You're a glorious man, Boris.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”