GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: GZDB plugin: 3D floor mode

Post by Kappes Buur »

Just an idea, but .... :)
Since both are named ThreeDFloorMode.dll, are you certain that you use the correct one?
The only way to distinguish them from another is by their size: x86 is 140 kB and x64 is 151 kB
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I'm using the 64bit version (152 kb) I've tried using a 32bit version of builder with the 32 bit version of the plugin same goes for the 64 bit build(s) Unfortunately seeing as I can't see a proper error log to display why the DLL isn't being read, I / we will never know why this just suddenly started happening. :(

its funny how spoiled I got when I used this plugin and suddenly can't use it anymore, it hurts real bad when you try and make some fancy 3D Floors and go, oh... right I have to do it the old way xD
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I had another look at your earlier post, where you mention reinstalling GZDBBF and it got me thinking that, if I tell you about my installation of the editor, it might spark something.

Since you mention installing, did you install in Program Files or in a folder away from Program Files?
Did you do an uninstall or just a delete?

What I usually do is, I create a new folder for each new version I download from DRDteam archive, for example:
H:\PWAD_EDITING\GZDB_BF\GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r2995
H:\PWAD_EDITING\GZDB_BF\GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3018-x64
and simply unzip the 7z file there. I never use the Updater.exe. As a matter of fact, it's disabled in F5.

So, over time, I accumulate several versions, at the moment 34 from r2808 on, all in their own folders. Of course I cull the older versions. However, on a separate drive I retain every version I downloaded.

I know that GZDBBF creates a config file in AppData and overwrites it every time when you save a pwad. But every so often I delete the config file and let GZDBBF create a new one. Just in case.
Since I use custom colours, I copy/paste those from a previously renamed config file.

I used to have .NET Framework 3.5 installed but somehow it no longer is present. I guess that Windows Automatic Update took care of that. The interesting fact about that is, that the older versions of the editor seem to like the new arrangement.

I still have 3 versions of SlimDX installed. What I do not know is, if they are still needed, so I am keeping them.

Knock on wood, my computer seems very happy with the arrangement.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I use the term install for taking the zip archive and putting it on my 2nd drive, I leave my SSD for my os, all my doom stuff is in Dropbox on my 2nd drive, so if my pc dies randomly I can recover my projects. I'll have a look about finding this setting in appdata maybe thats causing an issue? maybe some conflicting issue? i'll keep you posted if i find an issue

"Loading plugins...
Loading plugin "ThreeDFloorMode" from "ThreeDFloorMode.dll"...
ERROR: Could not load plugin "ThreeDFloorMode.dll", the DLL file could not be read. This file is not supposed to be in the Plugins subdirectory."

Thats what the log keeps telling me, when I launch the builder.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I don't know why I didn't recall this earlier, there is a trace of what GZDBBF is doing in the form of a logfile GZBuilder.log, which is located in AppData as well (C:\Users\1200\AppData\Local\Doom Builder\)

A typical logfile for me looks like this
Spoiler:
Maybe that will help somewhat.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Here's my full log file,
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Are you certain that you have the correct version of the plugin in the Plugins folder?
Both versions of the plugin are linked to on the previous page.

I tried the following:
  • 32 bit editor with 32 bit plugin - ok
  • 32 bit editor with 64 bit plugin - error message
  • 64 bit editor with 64 bit plugin - ok
  • 64 bit editor with 32 bit plugin - error message
There is not much else I can do from my end.
I hope you can get your problem resolved.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

I tried the plugin with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions for both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of builder (I promise you I know which versions are which as I separate them)

Edit:
Okay, I've completely wiped any existence of GZDoom builder ever being on my pc, I've gotten Tribeam to zip up his build of GZDoom builder with the DLL installed in the plugins folder, and I've finally got everything to work.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Yeah, the project will need to be compiled against the 4.6.1 framework now.

No idea why ZZYZX decided to update the compiler.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

ThreeDFloorMode-x64 plugin crash in GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3045-x64

See viewtopic.php?f=232&t=54957&p=1092240#p1092240
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

I just tried r3048 and the 3D plugin seems to work again.
No crash when resizing the control area.
However, the new quirk is that the control area in some previous pwads needs to be resized.

Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

I'm getting that crash now on the latest version of GZDB.

log below:
Spoiler:
boris

Post by boris »

Check out my post at viewtopic.php?p=1093029#p1093029 it contains fixed versions of the plugin.
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

Great plugin, very helpful. I've run into an issue though. Attempting to resize the control sector zone in GZDB R3060 results in a crash. Here is the log from GZDB:
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

fluffyshambler wrote:Great plugin, very helpful. I've run into an issue though. Attempting to resize the control sector zone in GZDB R3060 results in a crash.
Did you check the link in the post above yours?

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”