The official "ZDoom on Wolfenstein 3D" thread. (aka ECWolf)

Software projects like source ports (EDGE, Eternity, etc), launchers like ZDL, and other useful utilities belong in this forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The official "ZDoom on Wolfenstein 3D" thread. (aka ECWo

Postby Lautum » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:22 am

Blzut3 wrote:Now your issue is that your translator is just the flats. You can include the original translator by just doing:
Code: Select allExpand view
include "$base"

Thanks !
Lautum

Postby Dr. Shotgun » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 pm

So I'm wondering if there isn't a way to manually fix the pathing. I do have a Wolf Editor, but I don't know if it covers patrol points or not...
Dr. Shotgun

Postby Blzut3 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:19 pm

You can change the path route in any editor. It would be incredibly tedious to do, but it can be done.
Blzut3
Pronounced: B-l-zut

Postby Lautum » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:41 am

I have a question about double doors - how does it work ? Does it autodetect from textures ? I made a a few doors (horizontal/vertical) with a texture used for double doors and the effect only applies to the vertical ones. The horizontal doors always open in W3D style.
Lautum

Postby Blzut3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 am

The last argument to the Door_Open special can be 0/1 for normal, or 2/3 for Blake Stone. Texture doesn't matter.
Blzut3

Postby Lautum » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Got it, thanks.

I have an issue with switches - nothing works. I know, I screwed something up, but I am not sure exactly what :
I put a trigger in the switch tile and set the x,y coordinates to the door I want to open with the switch. For the 4th plane tile as an ID I used the coordinates of the door put in in the tile as well.
Lautum

Postby Blzut3 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:29 pm

You just have it backwards. You construct the door like a regular door and then use the 4th plane to move its activation point to the switch location by setting the coordinates of the switch on the door tile.
Blzut3

Previous

Return to Software and Ports