presenting ezDoom

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
edwinj85

presenting ezDoom

Post by edwinj85 »

HI everybody, long time lurker posting for the first time here.

I really love zDoom but I didn't want to rely on a third party launcher so I made my own. I'd really appreciate any feedback or suggestions you fine fellows may have about it.

http://edwinjones.me.uk/rants/introducing-ezdoom.aspx

Thanks everyone!
Nash

Re: presenting ezDoom

Post by Nash »

It's an interesting concept (autodownloading ZDoom and shareware IWADs)... good work. :D
edwinj85

Post by edwinj85 »

Thanks! Any praise from the community means the world to me, I've been wanting to get good enough at coding to do this sort of thing since Doom came out but it's taken me a very long time to get around to it...
Gez

Post by Gez »

Quick note: your legal text on the window claims that all included WADs are open source. They aren't. What they all are is freeware; but only Freedoom and Blasphemer are actually "open source" projects.

Since you bundle it with ZDoom, you could add Hacx 1.2, Urban Brawl, and Chex Quest 3 as other IWADs. (Harmony, too, if you use ZDoom 2.5.0 instead of an SVN build, since there is apparently a bug with current revisions. Though it'll no doubt be fixed soon.)
edwinj85

Post by edwinj85 »

Thank you, I will update the blurb tomorrow. I did consider putting other iwads in there but I wanted to keep the size down - action doom 2 is more than twice the size of the rest of the program. The included wads will last somebody quite a while mind.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

What they all are is freeware;
They're not, actually. You have to pay for them and buy them, and including them is technically piracy.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I see you include just the shareware versions WHOOPSIE DAISY.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Make sure to include Harmony, too. :p

Return to “Launchers”