ZDL 3.2.2.2 Released (UPDATED August 8th 2012)

Launchers like ZDL, DoomRunner, and others belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lzvk25

Re: qZDL 3.0.5.6 Beta Released (UPDATED April 23rd)

Post by lzvk25 »

QBasicer wrote:
lzvk25 wrote:I can confirm Tormentor's suspicions, and I think it is even worst, if the "%APPDATA%/Vectec Software" folder does not exist, the settings will NEVER be saved regardless of from where you got your initial settings.

And if it is a first time installation, you better do your settings via the old ZDL and import them because otherwise for some reason the settings will NEVER be saved.
Did you try that with 3.0.5.7 pre-release or with the current release? .7 should automatically create the folder, I tested that and it worked for me, so if it doesnt I need to fix it
It was the latest pre-release qzdl-win32-3.0.5.7-2012-04-24_13-02-43.zip
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Can you reproduce it with logging enabled?
lzvk25

Post by lzvk25 »

Sorry, I don't know what's happening now, but fortunately everything is working now. :?

Well, anyway, I tried with and without the debug option and everything is OK now. Windows mysteries indeed ...
:?:
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

lzvk25 wrote:Sorry, I don't know what's happening now, but fortunately everything is working now. :?

Well, anyway, I tried with and without the debug option and everything is OK now. Windows mysteries indeed ...
:?:
Well I won't complain about that!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

QBasicer wrote:It's in the pipes, while I haven't started on it directly, I've been working on and planning the changes that have to happen underneath.
Can't wait to see this in action and beta-test it until my whole archive burns like fire :wub:
QBasicer

Re: qZDL 3.0.5.7 Beta Released (UPDATED April 27th)

Post by QBasicer »

3.0.5.7 officially released, no real changes since you guys tested it, just a version number bump for the updater.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

QBasicer wrote:...just a version number bump for the updater.
Which is telling me that there is an update even though I just downloaded it:

Any chance that the updater message could display an actual link to the website rather than just text telling the user the address? ATM, the text can't even be selected and so cannot be copied/pasted into my browser address bar.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Thanks for reporting that, my build server got confused it ended up not building the new release.

I've replaced the pre-release with the final build.

In regards to the dialog, I've known it's not stellar for a while. I'm planning on fixing for the next release: https://github.com/qbasicer/qzdl/issues/12
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks for fixing that and thanks for adding the link thing to the "to do" list as well.
doomjoshuaboy
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by doomjoshuaboy »

thank you sooo much i really dying for that upgrade because my other one in my cpu was oldest one ever but thanks for upgrading that :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Having used it quite a bit now I think its really good. When I first saw it I was a little worried. To me the beauty of ZDL is that is is small and simple allowing you to do what you need to do in order to launch Doom with a PWAD, keeping most of the simplicity and functionality of the command line but taking advantage of modern GUI features without becoming an overly complex screen-after-screen-after-screen of options and radio buttons like some "all things to all men" launchers. With this new one being a little bigger and having tabs I thought it might be heading down that path. However, it seems to be staying true to the feel of the original and the resizeable nature of the window is really useful.

One thing I wonder, and despite what I said above, I'd like another option please. I have tried the options set with the "Quote Paths" option ticked and unticked. I assume that this option refers to whether QZDL will use quotes when passing file locations to the command line or not (for paths with spaces presumably). However, I was looking for an option to switch off the path name being displayed in the "External Files" box. I don't use preconfigured game options. I just drag and drop stuff on to ZDL when I am going to play. So, I always know the location of the external file and I don't need to see the path displayed (plus, much of the time the path is too long to be seen in its entirety any way and it kind of obfuscates the file name too). So, could this feature be toggleable? It's a minor point but it would be nice to have the option IMO because it would clean up the appearance of the window for me.

Current

What I'm asking about
Blzut3

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Blzut3 »

I went to go build Linux binaries for the drdteam package repository today and it appears that out of tree builds are not supported.
Spoiler:
Which does remind me, QBasicer, BioHazzard said that you might be able to autobuild deb packages?
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:However, I was looking for an option to switch off the path name being displayed in the "External Files" box.
I mentioned the possibility of sticking it into a new column (same for ports/IWads in the Settings tab). If that were done I imagine it'd be somewhat simple to switch that column on and off.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

From Enjay:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the feature request. I understand what you're saying, and I'm already making plans to try to keep it light, but be powerful enough to do everything that people want. In short, don't worry about it, I have a plan. You'll see.

I've filed an issue for you: https://github.com/qbasicer/qzdl/issues/13

People are certainly welcome to create issues on github if they choose, otherwise, I'll continue to make them and post them here so people can track the progress.
QBasicer

Post by QBasicer »

Blzut3 wrote:I went to go build Linux binaries for the drdteam package repository today and it appears that out of tree builds are not supported.
Spoiler:
Which does remind me, QBasicer, BioHazzard said that you might be able to autobuild deb packages?
If you tell me how, I can create a jenkins build and run it on either a Hardy (8.04?) or Precise (12.04) machines and make drops to an FTP server somewhere (or to my own site).

Return to “Launchers”