SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.2 Beta 5 (11/Sep/2017)

Software projects like source ports (3DGE, Eternity, etc), launchers like ZDL, and other useful utilities belong in this forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.1.2 Beta 5 (11/Sep/2017)

Postby mty » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:51 am

Also the text editor behaves a bit strange to me.

When you edit a file in the right pane and edit it, everything behaves as expected. But when you open a text file with a double click, CTRL+S doesnt work, and you are not warned about unsaved changes + CTRL+W closes the whole PK3, instead of just the text file. Is this intended?

mty

Discord: mty#8578

Postby Gez » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:53 am

You can't close a text entry, the entry content panel is always there. What you can do is click on another entry to change it.
Gez

Postby sirjuddington » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Yeah that issue was already reported here: https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE/issues/549. It's not really a bug since Ctrl+S is 'Save Archive'. Making it behave differently if an entry tab is open would make things inconsistent in that regard, though it is pretty un-intuitive I agree.
sirjuddington
I need no title.

Postby mty » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:07 am

Yeah i thought so, didn't find that issue, sorry for double reporting.

I hope I'm not going on your nerves too much with all my recent activities (I'm matthiasmendler on github) xD I just got a daughter and so I'm on holidays at home, using my free time to edit doom, and now also going through slade's code.

Thanks again.
mty

Discord: mty#8578

Postby sirjuddington » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:11 am

mty wrote:Yeah i thought so, didn't find that issue, sorry for double reporting.

I hope I'm not going on your nerves too much with all my recent activities (I'm matthiasmendler on github) xD I just got a daughter and so I'm on holidays at home, using my free time to edit doom, and now also going through slade's code.

Thanks again.

Not at all, feel free to submit pull requests for things you add/fix too.
sirjuddington
I need no title.

Previous

Return to Software and Ports