GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Post by Ozymandias81 »

While I am not sure if this is only GZDB related or GZDoom, I noticed that since gzdoom-2.5pre-273-gb1e1f25 pitch was correctly applied / displayed for actors... but then it changed another time after gzdoom-2.5pre-278-g18d6fb7: why these values changes always randomly build by build?
It's quite a problem sometimes, you have to check everything day by day... I know that those aren't "stable" release builds, but well could be better I think.
Got any clues?

Screenshots here
issue.pk3
Pitch issue - GZDoom + Doom2
(151.39 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Today I heard that there was some bug with model rotation. They say it's fixed now, would like Graf's explanation on what was the bug.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Ozymandias81 wrote:While I am not sure if this is only GZDB related or GZDoom, I noticed that since gzdoom-2.5pre-273-gb1e1f25 pitch was correctly applied / displayed for actors... but then it changed another time after gzdoom-2.5pre-278-g18d6fb7: why these values changes always randomly build by build?
It's quite a problem sometimes, you have to check everything day by day... I know that those aren't "stable" release builds, but well could be better I think.
Got any clues?
The leaning pillar appears as well with GZDoom 3.0pre-24.
So I un7zipped your pwad to look at modeldef.txt. Deleting USEACTORPITCH and USEACTORROLL seems to stand the pillar upright properly.

Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:While I am not sure if this is only GZDB related or GZDoom, I noticed that since gzdoom-2.5pre-273-gb1e1f25 pitch was correctly applied / displayed for actors... but then it changed another time after gzdoom-2.5pre-278-g18d6fb7: why these values changes always randomly build by build?
Got any clues?
The leaning pillar appears as well with GZDoom 3.0pre-24.
So I un7zipped your pwad to look at modeldef.txt. Deleting USEACTORPITCH and USEACTORROLL seems to stand the pillar upright properly.

Well I think there is a misunderstand here: I added pitch exactly for a reason, just check my imgur album link :wink:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

ZZYZX wrote:Today I heard that there was some bug with model rotation. They say it's fixed now, would like Graf's explanation on what was the bug.
Yeah, even I wanted to know though, I reckon this has been fixed 4 or 5 times since I am involved on Blade of Agony development (February 2015) :(
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Even the most recent build of GZDoom seems to have the same issue... Any clues then? :?
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

This with a WAD file with Romero's additional rotations but shows the sprite rotations from the IWAD.. Disregard this, it was my fault my resource file lacked S_END in the WAD file.
Attachments
d1.jpg
Last edited by Armaetus on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Glaice wrote:This with a WAD file with Romero's additional rotations but shows the sprite rotations from the IWAD..
How did you configure the DECORATE with the new rotations ?
juizzysquirt

Post by juizzysquirt »

Is it possible to keep floor texture offsets when moving or rotating (group of) sectors in UDMF? This would be a real time saver, especially with using textures which are directly scaled from editor.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ok, while no one has replied to my posts, fortunately Blue Shadow pointed me to the issue with pitch...

@ZZYZX
Do this commit need a bugfix for GZDB or do we need to fix objects pitch-wise for the 4th time in 2 years?
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

You probably need to fix objects because I'll make it equal to what GZDoom produces and they changed the behavior.
juizzysquirt wrote:Is it possible to keep floor texture offsets when moving or rotating (group of) sectors in UDMF? This would be a real time saver, especially with using textures which are directly scaled from editor.

Among better news — fixed the weird transparency issue with 3D floors.
juizzysquirt

Post by juizzysquirt »

ZZYZX wrote:You probably need to fix objects because I'll make it equal to what GZDoom produces and they changed the behavior.
juizzysquirt wrote:Is it possible to keep floor texture offsets when moving or rotating (group of) sectors in UDMF? This would be a real time saver, especially with using textures which are directly scaled from editor.

Among better news — fixed the weird transparency issue with 3D floors.
Oops... How did I miss that? :oops:
Tango

Post by Tango »

I went back a few pages and didn't see any other mentions of this, so apologies if I missed someone bringing this up already. I opened up the program recently for the first time in a few months and it seems that in my game configurations that used mixed textures + flats on ceilings and floors, all flats on the floor and ceiling appear in visual mode as if they're missing/unknown, even when I can clearly select them in the texture browser. Works fine if I put a texture on the floor, for example, but putting any flat on the floor or ceiling makes it render as unknown, as in this screenshot:
Spoiler:
I also poked around the menus and preferences but didn't see anything new, I think
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

Are you using long texture names? Otherwise, are you using any custom resources? Can you send your GZBuilder.cfg? (usually located at c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Doom Builder)
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Kappes Buur wrote:How did you configure the DECORATE with the new rotations ?
You can just run the file normally in limit removing without dealing with that.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”