Announcing GZDoom++, a fork of GZDoom for Unix users!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
libremafia

Announcing GZDoom++, a fork of GZDoom for Unix users!

Post by libremafia »

I apologize greatly for posting in General, I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post in Software and Ports.
GZDoom++'s main feature so far is the complete removal of telemetry (d_anonstats.cpp) from the code.
Currently, I only plan to support Unix, although the fork is so basic right now that it can probably run on Windows and Mac.
I also plan to use GZDoom++ as a ground for esoteric features that would never be accepted into GZDoom.
I have one problem, however; I've ran out of ideas. I have no idea what to do next, which is why I'm making this thread.
Does anyone have any ideas to add to this new-fangled source port I've created?

https://github.com/libremafia/gzdoomplusplus
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Announcing GZDoom++, a fork of GZDoom for Unix users!

Post by wildweasel »

libremafia wrote:I apologize greatly for posting in General, I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post in Software and Ports.
I've moved the thread to where it belongs.

...On a different note, though, why post anything if all you've done is remove a feature that is 100% clear about what it does and can be easily opted out of?
Gez

Post by Gez »

So the main feature is the removal of inactive code, and you don't know what to do next? Okay.
libremafia

Post by libremafia »

wildweasel wrote:
libremafia wrote:I apologize greatly for posting in General, I'm a new user so I'm not allowed to post in Software and Ports.
I've moved the thread to where it belongs.

...On a different note, though, why post anything if all you've done is remove a feature that is 100% clear about what it does and can be easily opted out of?
Gez wrote:So the main feature is the removal of inactive code, and you don't know what to do next? Okay.
I did this mainly to learn how to code in C++. I'm sorry if this project is stupid, I'd rather have the feature completely removed from the code itself.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”