GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Software projects like source ports (3DGE, Eternity, etc), launchers like ZDL, and other useful utilities belong in this forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: GZDoomBuilder-Bugfix, a maintenance fork of GZDB

Postby Gutawer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 am

abbuw - not related to your issue, but how the hell did you get GZDB into a dark theme?! Is there some setting I've been missing the whole time...?
Gutawer

Discord: Gutawer#3431

Postby abbuw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 am

Gutawer wrote:abbuw - not related to your issue, but how the hell did you get GZDB into a dark theme?! Is there some setting I've been missing the whole time...?

There's no secret setting, it's a custom Windows 10 theme.
abbuw
Contact your poison control center.

Postby Gutawer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 am

Ah, okay.
Gutawer

Discord: Gutawer#3431

Postby Nevander » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm

What's the difference between "-NOFLAT-" and just "-"? If I wanted to make the default textures for all maps be the missing texture, which one do I use because the editor uses just a single dash to represent no texture.
Nevander
The Doomslayer

Postby Rachael » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:28 pm

-NOFLAT- is the checkerboard texture that GZDoom uses when you have a missing texture.
Rachael

Postby printz » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 am

Rachael wrote:
printz wrote:We're the majority who consider that the default textures are fine. So make it an opt-in feature, not opt-out.

It's already opt-in. And where did you get the idea you're in the "majority"?

The Doomworld poll you linked to.

And a default floor texture to make people happy is FLAT20, as it is normally only used for door bottoms and looks very plain otherwise. For walls just use DOORTRAK as it looks equally silly. Nobody would use those textures for long walls.
printz
BOW BEFORE ME!

Postby Rachael » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:51 am

That poll has nothing to do with the actual idea of changing the defaults to -NOFLAT- which - I am sorry to say, you appear to be the only one so far not in support of.
Rachael

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Is it me, or does GZDoombuilder not highlight/show what the errors are for script compilation anymore?
Major Cooke
Busiest college semester yet. On temporary hiatus.

Discord: Major Cooke#0846

Postby Nero » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:13 am

Major Cooke wrote:Is it me, or does GZDoombuilder not highlight/show what the errors are for script compilation anymore?

I had the same issue a while back. I found that the error panel was collapsed and just needed dragged back into view.
Nero
Royal Boredom....Why can't I do this in Windows?

Postby Nash » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:22 am

+1 for that collapsed error panel annoyance. This has been bugging me forever but for now, I am not mapping enough yet so I didn't post about it... :S
Nash
Nash Muhandes [Audio Engineer | Game Designer | Scripting]

Postby kevansevans » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:04 pm

GZDBBF doesn't seem to like DoomEDNums or GLDefs attached to ZScript actors for me:

Code: Select allExpand view

Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1300 = lightsource64": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1301 = lightsourceceiling64": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1302 = lightsource128": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1303 = lightsourceceiling128": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1304 = lightsource256": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1305 = lightsourceceiling256": failed to find corresponding actor class...
Failed to apply MAPINFO DoomEdNum override "1306 = lightsourceceilingbus": failed to find corresponding actor class...
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 19. DECORATE class "LightSource64" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 23. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeiling64" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 27. DECORATE class "LightSource128" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 31. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeiling128" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 35. DECORATE class "LightSource256" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 39. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeiling256" does not exist.
GLDEFS warning in "defrag.pk3\GLDEFS/PointLights.txt", line 43. DECORATE class "LightSourceCeilingBus" does not exist.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
kevansevans
Disciple of the Great God Imp

Previous

Return to Software and Ports