[Release] Feat of Necromancy - RPG mod for HandsOfNecromancy

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Emmanuelexe

Re: [WIP] Feat of Necromancy - RPG mod for Hands of Necroman

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Amazing! :D

Thanks for it!

Beside, we will update in some times a version who will fix all the stuff reported (fort the most), should be all clean :)
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Got monster boosts in and have a good start on spell enhancments with leveling. I have an idea for a monster repopulation feature without messing with any mapping files, but I have to experiment. If there is an existing tool out there to do monster repopulation that would be a great start.

Once that's sorted out I'll put out a 0.1 pk3 this week.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

The repopulation script is doing good in testing. I need to test a bit more on how it scales up monster types with levels, but overall it has added to the challenge well. Should have a pk3 to release this weekend.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Very cool! :)
GL! 8-)
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Emmanuelexe wrote:Very cool! :)
GL! 8-)
Thanks!
peewee_RotA

Re: [Release] Feat of Necromancy - v0.1

Post by peewee_RotA »

Feat of Necromancy Version 0.1 release!

Get it here!
https://github.com/cabbruzzese/fon/releases/tag/v0.1

See original post for details.
RKD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: [Release] Feat of Necromancy - RPG mod for HandsOfNecrom

Post by RKD »

Definitely gotta play it when I get some free time. Hope more people gets in the mood for mods for HoN!
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Finished a playthrough focused on melee. It was fun. One positive is that it was difficult to get the high level magic from Scorn skills focusing mostly on Vengeance. I plan on doing a play through focusing on ferocity (transformation) to see if there's a better skill tree I can build for that.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Started working on the above improvements and ran into a leveling glitch. Looks like the stat items don't always get given to morphed players. Seems like there's some complication to handle here.
Spoiler:
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Version 0.2 available with fixes for morph stats and powers for leveling ferocity.

https://github.com/cabbruzzese/fon/releases/tag/v0.2
peewee_RotA

Re: [Release] Feat of Necromancy - RPG mod for HandsOfNecromancy

Post by peewee_RotA »

Testing through HON 1.5.1 changes in the mod. Have 1 update for hand of necromancy item. Still looking for more bugs to squish.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

It looks like there was another update today, though I don't see patch notes yet. Does the mod need to be updated each time, or does it just depend on the patch contents?

Also fun mod! Definitely adds another element to be able to level up, would love to see more items, gear etc. to eventually go alongside that as well, or more stats to split things up.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

-Ghost- wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:31 pm It looks like there was another update today, though I don't see patch notes yet. Does the mod need to be updated each time, or does it just depend on the patch contents?

Also fun mod! Definitely adds another element to be able to level up, would love to see more items, gear etc. to eventually go alongside that as well, or more stats to split things up.
Thanks!

I haven't released a new pk3 with the recent changes. You'll have to update once that's available. There's a lot of updates for morphs that will come with the next version. Got some fun stuff for the fire burner transformation. Working on some changes for the wyvern soon.

I have been thinking about adding some items based on the decorations around the maps. There are so many really cool ones, it would be fun to make them more interactive. But I haven't figured out anything to do with them quite yet, other than the battle axe.
DarkkOne

Post by DarkkOne »

Looks like your melee weapons may not have the melee flag? Tried using this with Gun Bonsai and found it giving me non-melee powerups for the axe.
peewee_RotA

Post by peewee_RotA »

Thanks for the heads up! Saw your post for HoN as well. Totally missed that the base game left it out.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”