DoomLess: SNAFU Cut v1.0 - Lethal Tender

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

DoomLess: SNAFU Cut v1.0 - Lethal Tender

Postby LossForWords » Fri May 13, 2022 11:50 am

Here's something i've been working on for a while.
It's a fork of Doomless Warzone, but enough stuff's been changed to the point where i'm confident enough to call it it's own thing.
So: changes.
-Enemies have been given distinct colours, so you can have an easier time telling them apart.
-Physical projectiles (Rockets, BFG balls, flamethrower fireballs) now use custom damagetypes.
-Enemies can enter wounded/last stand states.
-Weapons that deal melee damage can knock out enemies.
-Non-mechanical enemies have a variety of custom death types. From fire, to poison, to chainsaws.
-Hitscan monsters (Except for Medic) have been fully replaced.
-Medic uses a 3-round hitscan attack telegraphed with a laser sight as his main attack, and has custom healing animations now.
-Made the Lost Souls less bullshit.
-Enhanced death animations for mechanical enemies. They can dramatically go kaboom now.
-New sprites for Flamethrower guy and BFG guy.
-BFG guy has also been... modified significantly. You'll see.

(weapon mod used: Atom Rain)

Known bugs:
-There's a handful of errors tied to a fix i made to make sure the Stasis Bow's attack actually stuns enemies. It's nothing to worry about.
Download Here.
LossForWords
your friendly neighborhood друг.

Re: DoomLess: SNAFU Cut v1.0 - Lethal Tender

Postby Spaceman333 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:00 pm

Hey neat, iirc Doomless was that mod that replaced all demons with regular human UAC military enemies. The original mod had some jank (hitscan hell + collision boxes were not accurate), so this new release is exciting to me!

Definitely going to give this universal Monster Replacer mod a spin! Thank you for making and sharing it. :thumb:
Spaceman333

Return to Gameplay Mods