Samsara Reincarnation 2.0 / ReMixer 1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
-Rei-Anon
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Samsara Reincarnation/ReMixer 1.0

Post by -Rei-Anon »

Is there a way to diable the ludicrous gibs text every time you play as Ian Paul Freeley?
r&r

Post by r&r »

First thing I did when I heard there's a GoldenEye weapons and enemies set
load up the old Goldeneye Doom Map with it
Attachments
goldeneeyesamsarass.jpg
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Overall, this is really cool! I'm loving the new additions so far, and having it all in one package is quite nice compared to the days of yore. I do have a couple observations for stuff that may need tweaking or fixing, though.

The weapon numbers at the top for the grenade launcher and riot gun for Lo Wang haven't been flipped alongside their roles, so if you have the riot gun it reports it as 3 still, and vice versa. Since they've been flipped, that needs flipping too.

The profile for Nemesis from Catacomb Apocalypse seems to be missing.

Some of the fonts in the compendium are *unreadable* - I can't make out the text for Caleb's role at the top right *whatsoever*. IPOG's is also hard.

The boss taunt font for the Wolf3D bosses has its punctuation weirdly high. Is that fixable?

I was hoping for a taunt from The Entity - it already had some good lines for one from Strife proper.

A dumb question - is it by chance possible to have a music option set to the set of your enemies you're encountering? So, if i'm facing powerslave enemies, powerslave music plays, for instance? I'm not figuring it is, but no harm in checking.

I am having *weird* effects going on with some of the enemy models. Half-Life's and Hexen 2's seem to have the worst of it. Included an example below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdy8fk5gd1ux2 ... 9.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70zjzv5bjvo4w ... 4.png?dl=0

That's about all my initial observations. Keep it up! :thumb:

This is all in Gzdoom 4.7.1, by the way.
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

So, I've been thinking about this for a bit now, and I think I've come up with a pretty, well... stupid, character idea for this mod:

Boyd Travers, US Army Paratrooper.

His traits would be as follows:
  1. Health Blocks: Travers gets limited health regeneration: it only goes up to multiples of 25, then stops. Note that a very similar form of regen exists in Quake Champions: Doom Edition on their rendition of William Joseph "Terror Billy" Blazkowicz, so I'd imagine such a thing is doable without ruining this mod's Zandronum compatibility. However, I'd go so far as to make it where this also changes what healing items have effects on Travers, and how Soul Spheres and MegaSpheres effect him: Stimpaks and Health Bonuses will have NO effect on Travers, while MediKits can potentially heal him for up to 49 Health(refill current Health block + the next one); and Soul Spheres and MegaSpheres will add an additional Health Block to Travers' max Health limit, with Soul Spheres adding a new block and then healing for 100, while MegaSpheres add a new block, then fill Travers' Health to his new maximum. Add a setting in the options menu that allows to set a cap for this, similar to Strifeguy; default should let Travers double his health.
  2. Weapon Mastery Upgrades: Once again replicating the mechanics of Medal of Honor: Airborne, Travers gets various weapon upgrades for killing enemies with the various tools at his disposal. Each weapon can get up to three upgrades, and has its own separately tracked experience gauge. Each kill with a weapon will add a certain amount of experience to the gauge, depending on the Spawn Health of the enemy killed.
  3. Battlefield Scavenger: Interestingly, Travers gets alternates for practically every weapon slot, allowing him to be incredibly versatile and varied. However, most of these alternates have to be claimed from the corpses of dead Germans, and they ONLY drop from the Medal of Honor enemies, not the Wolfenstein enemies.
So, the armory that Travers will get to choose from:
  • I figure since the MoH:A quick melee for the M1911 and two of his types of grenades had Travers throw a vicious left hook, his Fist replacement is, well, his Fists. Pretty straightforward. First two upgrades just increase Travers' physical strength, giving him more melee damage in general and reducing recoil with all ranged weapons. Third upgrade gives him a set of Brass Knuckles(just adapt Fallout 3 models and anims for this), as well as giving the guns that have full buttstocks on them a steel striking plate on the stock to increase their melee damage.
  • Chainsaw replacement, well, I know that MoH:A didn't have any true dedicated melee weapons. However, I figure you could just take the Combat Knife model from Fallout 3 and make it nice and clean and shiny, then make the FO3 animations use Travers' arms. Does markedly more damage than the Fists, with somewhat quicker swing speed to boot. Upgrades give it a sharper edge for more damage, then an integrated knuckle bow, and then spikes on the knuckle bow, to make it even more deadly. Alternate: If you find an MP-40 and use it until you think you're going to wear it out, you'll earn a unique SS Ceremonial Dagger, which offers higher swing speed and damage than the US Army Kabar Knife. Yes, this was in MOH:A. However, as it is unlocked from upgrading another weapon, it gets no upgrades of its own.
  • Pistol, pretty obvious: Colt M1911. Primary Fire shoots, Secondary Fire aims down the sights, Reload reloads. Zoom has Travers punch with a left hook at the enemy. Note that most other weapons will use largely the same configuration(shoot, sights, reload, melee); however, some may gain alternate firing modes with upgrades. Upgrades give it a quick-draw holster and set of gun slings to enable faster weapon switching, a match grade trigger and hammer to improve rate of fire, and +P high pressure ammunition(I know they were called "Magnum Rounds" in MOH:A, but it would be more accurate to call them "high pressure" or "increased pressure" or "hot load" or something like) that increase stopping power at the expense of increased recoil. Alternate: Rarely, a German soldier might drop a Mauser C96 Broomhandle for Travers to swap to. It's more accurate and has less recoil than the Colt, but reloads slower and does much less damage. Upgrades give it a shoulder stock to reduce recoil and increase accuracy(especially while aiming down the sights), a twenty-round external box magazine, and the M712 "Schnellfeuer" package that makes it into a full auto machine pistol.
  • Shotgun replacement is pretty obvious: Winchester M1912 Trench Shotgun. Upgrades give it a modified choke and a heat shield, increasing accuracy; Magnum Shells to increase stopping power; and a bayonet for melee damage. Alternate: Travers actually gets two alternates for the Trench Gun: some German soldiers will drop their Mauser Kar98K rifles when they die, and sometimes you'll encounter a Springfield M1903 Sniper Rifle on Shotgun spawns. They both get the same three upgrades: a match grade polished bolt so you can cycle the weapon faster, stripper clips to reload faster(yes, the bullets clip into the Springfield's scope when reloading after that upgrade), and a rifle grenade adapter that you activate by pressing Zoom to switch between bullets and grenades.
  • Super Shotgun, easy: M1 Garand service rifle. I know that's not the right weapon for a paratrooper, but MOH:A didn't have a playable M1 Carbine in it, just a decorative model in a holster on the backs of some friendly paratroopers. Anyway, it gets three upgrades: match grade barrel to increase accuracy, adjustable sights to zoom in slightly on distant targets, and a rifle grenade adapter. Alternate: It's much more rare than the Kar98, but some German troops will drop Gewehr 43 semi-auto rifles on death. Its three upgrades are to switch its standard 10-round magazine for an extended 20-round box, attach a sniper scope, and fit a rifle grenade adapter. Because, you know, might as well fight World War II with what amounts to an SR-25(an AR-15-derived sniper rifle in 7.62X51) with an M203 on it.
  • Chaingun replacement: Thompson M1928A1. The upgrades give it an ergonomic foregrip to increase accuracy, a Cutts Compensator to reduce recoil, and a 50-round drum magazine because you want to feel like you're in Chicago again. Alternate: Some German soldiers may drop an MP-40 on death. Slower firing and weaker per hit than the Thompson, but more accurate with less recoil. Its three upgrades give it "jungle-style" taped magazines, then a dual-feed magazine system that doubles its capacity, and then the SS Dagger I mentioned earlier.
  • Rocket Launcher replacement, just give Travers his grenades from MOH:A. He gets three types, but only two are resupplied by Rocket pickups: the American Mk.2 "pineapple" fragmentation grenades, and the German Model 24 stick grenades. The third type, the Gammon Grenade, only spawns on either Plasma ammo or BFG spawns. At any rate, the grenades simply get larger satchels the more Travers kills with them. Use primary fire to throw the grenade(hold longer to throw further), secondary fire to arm the grenade without throwing it(watch that fuse length!), and reload to switch between grenade types. The Mk.2 grenades have a larger splash radius than the stick grenades, but can't be thrown as far. The Gammon Grenades ignore bosses' typical immunity to splash damage and have an absolutely spectacular level of splash radius and damage, but have a very short throwing distance, so be extra careful with them.
  • Plasma Gun replacement, pretty straightforward: Browning M1918 BAR. Upgrades give it taped-together magazines like the MP-40 gets, a compensator to reduce recoil, and adjustable sights to see slightly further. Alternate: Rarely, some of the more powerful German troops might drop an STG44 assault rifle. It gets a 30-round magazine to the BAR's 20, and has less recoil in exchange for reduced damage. It gets taped-together magazines, a compensator, and lastly, a removable low-power scope. This does take away the STG44's quick melee, so be careful about that.
  • BFG replacement, just slot in the M18 recoilless rifle. Two of its upgrades will just give it larger satchels, allowing more shells to be carried, while the third one gives it a low-power adjustable scope for longer-range shots. Alternate: The enemy Panzergrenadier anti-tank troops might rarely drop their Panzerschreck rocket launcher when they die. Upgrades are basically the same as the M18 recoilless rifle, except that instead of a scope, it gets adjustable iron sights. Similar effect, though.
So, yeah. I fully expect to get laughed out of the thread for this one...
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

openroadracer wrote:A verbose yet intricate suggestion for a new character
I’m not the mod author so don’t take my words as gospel but I think your character is from a still too modern game. BJ already fills the WWII hero slot and he’s even getting the RTCW subclass which is close to what you’re suggesting.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Jeimuzu73 wrote:
openroadracer wrote:A verbose yet intricate suggestion for a new character
I’m not the mod author so don’t take my words as gospel but I think your character is from a still too modern game. BJ already fills the WWII hero slot and he’s even getting the RTCW subclass which is close to what you’re suggesting.
Yeah, figured as much.

Ah well. I tried. Besides, I thought most of this would be at least somewhat unique.

EDIT: Wait. Maybe Lieutenant Jimmy Patterson from the original Medal of Honor games, including the PlayStation MoH games? He wouldn't be nearly as modern as Travers, seeing as Patterson's games started back in the 90s.
shaodoomkahn
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by shaodoomkahn »

in new update you could add any gta 3d universe main characters

like tommy,claude, victor vance,Cj,toni
Gez

Post by Gez »

Are the GTA games really vintage first-person shooters?...

Like, if you want to suggest yet more characters to throw on the pile, at least they should kind of fit with the rest. JC Denton from Deus Ex or the Chef from PO'ed might qualify. Also there are more Doom games to crib from, too: Danny Evanger (Hacx), Harmony, Square, the Templar (Hell-Forged), the Crusader (Age of Hell), Zan (Hedon), Supplicegal...
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Gez wrote:Are the GTA games really vintage first-person shooters?...

Like, if you want to suggest yet more characters to throw on the pile, at least they should kind of fit with the rest. JC Denton from Deus Ex or the Chef from PO'ed might qualify. Also there are more Doom games to crib from, too: Danny Evanger (Hacx), Harmony, Square, the Templar (Hell-Forged), the Crusader (Age of Hell), Zan (Hedon), Supplicegal...
What about characters from modern games that are clearly genre throwbacks to 90s FPS games? You know, what they call "boomer shooters". Stuff like DUSK and Ultrakill and Ion Fury and etc. etc.

Also, would Lt. Patterson and Manon from the PS1 Medal of Honor games count as "classic" FPS characters in your eyes?
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

With "DUSK", I believe that even "Chasm: The Rift" and "HROT" have their chances as well...
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

I'm not sure extra heroes are really needed, given that there'll be 44 player classes by the time v1.1 rolls around.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Was about to say. There's already deviations like with the addition of mod characters like Totenkopf BJ. Straying even further from the mod's goal of keeping to classic games'll surely jack the playerclasses to absurd amounts, which I imagine would make maintaining such a thing a nightmare.

I can see stuff that's closer to the 00s being added, like Will Rock or Outlaws and whatnot, but not later ones.
Shiny Metagross

Post by Shiny Metagross »

Kinsie wrote:I'm not sure extra heroes are really needed, given that there'll be 44 player classes by the time v1.1 rolls around.
Technically, there's 28 classes. The others are alt classes which are toggled through menu options. It gives players options without feeling cluttered.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

it would be cool if there was like a mod addon or patch or something that makes this work with the WolfenDoom mods
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:it would be cool if there was like a mod addon or patch or something that makes this work with the WolfenDoom mods
I don't sure 'bout older ones, 'cause they are from "DeHacked Era" (if I remember correctly).
But there is "ZDoom Edition" of almost all "WolfenDoom" mission packs.
You can try them and see if they are compatible with "Samsara Re-Incarnation" mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”