Dynamic One-Lines After Fight

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Dynamic One-Lines After Fight

Postby demonskiller » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Hello,
I made an addon to make the doomguy talk by himself. Basically, he says a killer one-line about how bad he is or the violence he create, the one-lines are from the comic, he talk after kill a group of monsters in a short time, and not always. I made that having in mind Brutal Doom. It's focused in the experience, I don't want to change the game-play.

The one-lines are from Project Brutality and the mod "DOOM Comic Dub Advanced Taunts and One Liners- Anniversary Edition", also I get the inspiration from the mod "DoomDynMus - a dynamic music mod". So all the credits are for the guys that made these awesome mods and record the voices.

I made this basically because I wanted the dynamic one-lines the doomguy has in Project Brutality, but for Brutal Doom. And I didn't found any mod for that, So I made it. I guess if that mod didn't exists it was because people don't like it. but I do, and then I got that idea. I don't know how it will work outside of my mind, So If someone else like that idea, I am happy to had done it. And also, probably it need some adjustments.

Also, and in the sake of scalability it works with the Console variable ONELIN. So, any other mod added after this one that replace the variable ONELIN can change what doomguy is going to say

Edit: I updated the mod with 2 o 3 one-lines more, also I added a menu, in order to let the user modify the minimum kills required to say something, the time between kill, and the proximity of the kills respect to the player required in order to to increment the counter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qb7e3gifd4coe ... s.pk3?dl=0
Last edited by demonskiller on Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
demonskiller

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Dynamic One-Lines After Fight

Postby Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:38 am

This can work without brutal doom ?
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og

Postby demonskiller » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:09 pm

Absolutely! This mod have to work with brutal doom or any other mod. Just maybe, in order to have a better balance of times doomguy talks the numbers of the minimum kills and time between kill have to change. Because depending on the mod or map its more easy or harder to kill monster consecutively

I just updated the lines doom guy says, with 3 or 4 more generic lines, I hope that is going to make the talks less repetitive
demonskiller

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:51 am

demonskiller wrote:Absolutely! This mod have to work with brutal doom or any other mod. Just maybe, in order to have a better balance of times doomguy talks the numbers of the minimum kills and time between kill have to change. Because depending on the mod or map its more easy or harder to kill monster consecutively

I just updated the lines doom guy says, with 3 or 4 more generic lines, I hope that is going to make the talks less repetitive

I try to load with bd voice pack addons and thats work!!!, good job man :thumb:
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og

Return to Gameplay Mods