[W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Hylik » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:02 pm


Dark Passenger is a weapon and items mod inspired by Dusk and old Build Engine games.
I started working on this mod over a year ago when I had the idea to recreate the weapons from Dusk using Blood sprites, with some creative liberties that I took along the way.
It includes 9 new weapons, several with alt-fires, weapon upgrades, inventory items and a powerup system.
The weapons can be divided into two categories: human weapons and demonic weapons.
Human weapons were made to look old and worn out, you won't be playing with any high-tech plasma rifles here but with guns that look like that were stolen from the cold dead hands of a rotting corpse.
Demonic weapons are fueled by unholy energy and either function with their own separate resource or use the soul of your dead enemies as ammo.
Make sure to bind all of the necessary keys in the control menu btw.
DOWNLOAD HERE
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3colsknwtwivo1c/DarkPassengerV1.pk3/file
SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

VIDEOS
Spoiler:

WEAPON DETAILS
Spoiler:

TO DO LIST
Spoiler:

CREDITS
Spoiler:

I would like to thank Batandy, AtronX and TonynUBares for helping me out with the mod's code and playing through some earlier builds.
Feel free to leave some feedback as this is my first mod ever.
Last edited by Hylik on Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hylik
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2022
Discord: Hylik#8803

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Saw my nick in there, couldn't help but ask: Are the Berettas the only thing to be used? Because those are more Mike12 than mine =p

In any case, this looks good and i intend to try it as soon as i get a way to. Let it be the first of many mods!
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Hylik » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:39 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Saw my nick in there, couldn't help but ask: Are the Berettas the only thing to be used? Because those are more Mike12 than mine =p

In any case, this looks good and i intend to try it as soon as i get a way to. Let it be the first of many mods!

Yeah it's the dark beretta, I knew that the sprite was made by Mike but the muzzle flash is yours.
User avatar
Hylik
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2022
Discord: Hylik#8803

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby ChiliPimp » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:01 pm

Made a video about your mod, looking forward to any future plans you have for this! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LitLvDy6C0c
User avatar
ChiliPimp
 
Joined: 10 May 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Hylik » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:48 pm

ChiliPimp wrote:Made a video about your mod, looking forward to any future plans you have for this! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LitLvDy6C0c

Thanks for checking out my mod, would you mind if I included your video in the original post to showcase it?
User avatar
Hylik
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2022
Discord: Hylik#8803

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby ChiliPimp » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:30 pm

Hylik wrote:
ChiliPimp wrote:Made a video about your mod, looking forward to any future plans you have for this! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LitLvDy6C0c

Thanks for checking out my mod, would you mind if I included your video in the original post to showcase it?


Oh sure thing! Thank you so much!
User avatar
ChiliPimp
 
Joined: 10 May 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Hylik » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:10 pm

11/01/2022 Update
A small update aimed at general polish and quality of life changes.

-All the mod keybinds have been grouped together under the "Dark Passenger" section inside the control menu
-Some of the sprites for the shovel have been changed to make them more uniform among each other
-Added one more frame to the Unmaker idle animation to make it more smooth
User avatar
Hylik
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2022
Discord: Hylik#8803

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:21 pm

Bumping this to say two things: This is rock solid! Always good to see mods going for a vintage/magic vibe! I like what i see so far, i can only wait to see what is coming next.

Second, found some old files related to Aracnocide and i would like to ask you to put YukesVonFaust's name in the credits too, because he helped with the tilting beretta recoil frames as well as the muzzles. So, props to the dude.

Keep the mod going strong!
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 am

Good!!! Like your Work man,Can you fix doctor bag indicator it always missing if i going to the next map,and can you make pistol and assault rifle with separate ammo (Sorry my English is Broken)
User avatar
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og
 
Joined: 14 Jan 2022
Location: Far Far Away

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Hylik » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:13 am

Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og wrote:Good!!! Like your Work man,Can you fix doctor bag indicator it always missing if i going to the next map,and can you make pistol and assault rifle with separate ammo (Sorry my English is Broken)

I can't seem to find any issue with the Doctor Bag on my end, could you be more specific? Or at least include a screenshot.
As for the different ammo types, It's something that I have considered but it's not a priority for me at the moment.
User avatar
Hylik
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2022
Discord: Hylik#8803

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:14 am

Hylik wrote:
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og wrote:Good!!! Like your Work man,Can you fix doctor bag indicator it always missing if i going to the next map,and can you make pistol and assault rifle with separate ammo (Sorry my English is Broken)

I can't seem to find any issue with the Doctor Bag on my end, could you be more specific? Or at least include a screenshot.
As for the different ammo types, It's something that I have considered but it's not a priority for me at the moment.


Never mind about doctors bag indicator its just my screen setting(my bad) so far is so good i like it,just if i killing floating demons caco and lostsoul the spiritessence/unmaker ammo its floating in mind air and sometime is to high so i can't reach it,just that my little issue thanks for reacting my comment :D
User avatar
Koe_Nyat_Asu_Og
 
Joined: 14 Jan 2022
Location: Far Far Away

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Captain J » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:27 am

Impressive and promising mod! Both Weapons and the gameplay positively resemble Dusk and it's so satisfying to play. Also i can throw shovel in any situation mostly with R key, while holding other weapon and its very helpful! I also like the fact that you can boost yourself up with Necronomicon, but costs souls.

It's pretty perfect so i've got no feedback, except just one thing: I still can pick up souls although i already have 100 of them. Other than that, very decent mod!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [W.I.P]Dark Passenger V1

Postby Hylik » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 am

Captain J wrote:It's pretty perfect so i've got no feedback, except just one thing: I still can pick up souls although i already have 100 of them. Other than that, very decent mod!

Those are actually two different resources, the necronomicon charge and the spirit essence.
The necronomicon charge you automatically get after killing an enemy and the amount is calculated based on the max health of the monster.
The essence are those colorful orbs the monsters drop upon death, they give you health as well as ammo for the bfg replacement and for the scattergun alt-fire.
Thank you for playing my mod btw, I am glad you enjoyed it.
User avatar
Hylik
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2022
Discord: Hylik#8803


Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FelesNoctis, Nems and 13 guests