Walking Doom!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Walking Doom!

Postby Derpydoo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:02 am

FEAR THE STEPS YOU MUST TAKE!
Death surrounds you, around every corner, a one man killing machine was been through these halls before you and taken everything, killed everything, follow him and escape this hell!

This small mod removes weapons, enemies and player sprites. There is nothing to do, all you can do is walk through the levels and finish the game with absolutely zero push-back.

Yes all you can do is walk.
Yes it's boring.
Yes this mod sucks.
Go away.

Screenshots included, not that it matters you already know what this is.

Link to the download: https://www.derpydoodesigns.co.uk/walking-doom-mod
Be sure to rename the .txt file to .cfg for this to work, and place the file in your GZDOOM file Directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derpydoo

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Walking Doom!

Postby Plasmazippo » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:58 am

This is good for taking screenshots of map architecture. Bit niche but hey, it beats having to open the map editor every time to delete all the things this mod hides.
Plasmazippo

Operating System: Windows 10 ARM
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Nash » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 am

Pair this mod with the Omni One and you'll have the literal Doom walking simulator. :P

EDIT: That's an, uh, interesting way of doing a mod. A better way to do this would be as an event handler (no need for CFGs). But hey, as long as it works...
Nash
AKA Nash Muhandes! Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Derpydoo » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:37 am

Plasmazippo wrote:This is good for taking screenshots of map architecture. Bit niche but hey, it beats having to open the map editor every time to delete all the things this mod hides.

I am honestly surprised anyone would download this, but yeah I suppose it's easier than needing to do anything on the players side.

Nash wrote:

Pair this mod with the Omni One and you'll have the literal Doom walking simulator. :P

EDIT: That's an, uh, interesting way of doing a mod. A better way to do this would be as an event handler (no need for CFGs). But hey, as long as it works...

Now THAT would be something interesting! I'd love to just walk around an old game like that. And yes it is a weird way of going about it, I had 1 hour to make a mod and went with what I knew how to do quickly instead of taking any risks of things going wrong.
Derpydoo

Postby BROS_ETT_311 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:06 am

I walked.

I could do nothing but walk.

And then I saw me walking in front of myself.

But, it wasn't really me.

Watch out.

The gap in the door... is a separate reality.

The only me is me.

Are you sure the only you is...ah wait hold up wrong game.
BROS_ETT_311
I've got somethin' and it goes thumpin' like this

Postby Derpydoo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:41 am

BROS_ETT_311 wrote:I walked.

I could do nothing but walk.

And then I saw me walking in front of myself.

But, it wasn't really me.

Watch out.

The gap in the door... is a separate reality.

The only me is me.

Are you sure the only you is...ah wait hold up wrong game.

An existential nightmare of an experinece that crosses dimensions into other games. Profound.
Derpydoo

Return to Gameplay Mods