Brutal Doom Platinum v3.0 release! GZ focused MEATHOOK

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Brutal Doom Platinum v2.0 release! GZ focused brutal for

Postby EmeraldCoasttt » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:58 pm

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Removing the FP executions was pointless after the rework. Melee felt great with them when mixing with fatalities, without them it feels much blander. Ntm the work put into them was great, all the animations look wonderful and now that's just wasted potential.

At this point, it was more trouble to maintain them than it was worth
A lot of code work went into v2.0 even if it's light on content, please understand that- the entire base weapon was moved to zscript so weapon addons can now be written in zscript as well.
EmeraldCoasttt

Discord: Emerald#7486

Postby EmeraldCoasttt » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:04 pm

EmeraldCoasttt

Postby Rayd3r » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:44 pm

Update is great so far, the nuke is pretty damn cool and love the Deagle addon too, this Deagle feels far better and beefier than the one PB has, not to mention it looks cool as hell, I like it a lot. Are there plans to add fidget animations to it, as well as other weapons that currently don't have them?
Rayd3r

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Really love the smoother transitions for the sprint animations, though I noticed the changelog mentioned ADS fixes. I don't know if this was a fix for the thing I keep mentioning (sorry about that) but noticed when ADS is set to "hold," it still acts like the BDv21 option where holding will hold ADS, but tapping will toggle ADS. Also the bug of running out of ammo while ADS'ing and such is still there, except it toggles when it happens. I don't know if this was something you tried to fix or not, but figured I'd mention it in case since there was that mention of ADS fixes.
mamaluigisbagel
"I'll write out my destiny screaming that I will survive!"

Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby EmeraldCoasttt » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:09 pm

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Really love the smoother transitions for the sprint animations, though I noticed the changelog mentioned ADS fixes. I don't know if this was a fix for the thing I keep mentioning (sorry about that) but noticed when ADS is set to "hold," it still acts like the BDv21 option where holding will hold ADS, but tapping will toggle ADS. Also the bug of running out of ammo while ADS'ing and such is still there, except it toggles when it happens. I don't know if this was something you tried to fix or not, but figured I'd mention it in case since there was that mention of ADS fixes.

ADS was reworked entirely and thus the setting for that doesn't work right now- What this means though is there will never be a time where the weapon zooms when you didn't want it to (previously reloading while ads could cause that, among other instances)
EmeraldCoasttt

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Ah gotcha. Not a deal breaker honestly, just been a small annoyance. Thanks for clarifying that.
mamaluigisbagel

Postby Crudux Cruo » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:05 am

Noticed the shotgun bug was fixed. basically, all the fatality stuff needs to be done in zscript so that'll all be done later right? the FP fatalies will eventually make a return?
Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."

Postby Redead-ITA » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:14 am

So i tried out the new version and... i have to say, binding 2 special weapon actions feel a little bit too much, maybe if was like a special action circle akin to project brutality it would have been smoother implementation.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby EmeraldCoasttt » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:40 pm

Redead-ITA wrote:So i tried out the new version and... i have to say, binding 2 special weapon actions feel a little bit too much, maybe if was like a special action circle akin to project brutality it would have been smoother implementation.

A special action circle would add a lot of bloat imo
Two special actions puts a hard limit on what a weapon can do, which helps me a lot as a designer
EmeraldCoasttt

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:49 am

Just had this happen, I'm not sure what causes it. I think it has to do with reloading and sprinting around the same time.

mamaluigisbagel

Postby kalensar » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:46 pm

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Just had this happen, I'm not sure what causes it. I think it has to do with reloading and sprinting around the same time.

That looks like an overlay issue. Basically the same as your diagnosis. Good find.
kalensar
Castlevania 3 for Simons Destiny compiler. Rabid editor

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby TonyH123 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:00 pm

The sigils are cool. I really like them, but I think the demon protection sigil and the power armor which are the same thing are over powered. They are permanent and after using one picking up another is useless. Maybe have a limited number of recharges, say 10 for example?
TonyH123

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:25 am

TonyH123 wrote:The sigils are cool. I really like them, but I think the demon protection sigil and the power armor which are the same thing are over powered. They are permanent and after using one picking up another is useless. Maybe have a limited number of recharges, say 10 for example?

The difference is Energy armour has to be found and only lasts for a level making them semi-permanent.
The power sigil lasts for the whole level as well, but you can carry multiple (I think up to 3) to use on sequential level starts when you've got em which allows you to have the armour for multiple levels. Extending the effect essentially.
thedeathrunner123
Insane in the membrane

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby rightj553 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:02 pm

No offense, but I think this would be better if it was built off Brutal Doom v21.
rightj553

Postby affandede » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:01 am

rightj553 wrote:No offense, but I think this would be better if it was built off Brutal Doom v21.

Except it already is.
affandede

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods