Brutal Doom Platinum v3.0 release! GZ focused MEATHOOK

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Brutal Doom Platinum v3.0 release! GZ focused MEATHOOK

Postby TonyH123 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:53 pm

There is a bug when performing berserk fatalities, the player randomly freezes forcing a restart or game reload. So far has only happened with demons.
TonyH123

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Thu May 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Got excited when I found the revolver for the first time, but after using it I'm finding it to be just like every other revolver in every other mod, practically useless for me personally. I think its the damage output against bigger demons (ie Hell Knights) and the fact it fires slow-ish projectiles. Maybe its cool to other people, but to me the only revolver I've ever liked is the starter revolver in High Noon Drifter, Naku-Naru, and Guncaster. shrug
Last edited by mamaluigisbagel on Mon May 30, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mamaluigisbagel
"I'll write out my destiny screaming that I will survive!"

Discord: Nonemployee#1013
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Randomguy7 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 pm

hey, I found a bug. the ads mode doesn't do anything anymore- I'd really love it if I could still have hold or toggle but not both.
Randomguy7

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sat May 28, 2022 4:31 pm

TonyH123 wrote:There is a bug when performing berserk fatalities, the player randomly freezes forcing a restart or game reload. So far has only happened with demons.

I had the same issue when I was backing up a bit and preformed a fatality... Or at least it should be, no animation was playing and I ended up standing there not able to do anything after that.
Starman the Blaziken
Are you finished with those errands?

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417

Postby Trusty McLegit » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:21 am

Damn, this new version is amazing! I love the meathook, except I can't seem to be able to fire the shotgun while being reeled in by the meathook so I end up just flying past the enemy every time. Is this something that could be addressed? Either way, this is my new favorite gameplay mod

Edit: My bad, looks like I just have to make sure to let go of right click before I can fire. Also, I just noticed the Doomguy's feet! What a cool detail, I'm surprised something like that can be pulled off so well in GZDoom
Trusty McLegit

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods