Russian Mercenaries [V2.0]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Russian Mercenaries [V1.9]

Postby Carrotear » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:19 am

This is also on that site from what I checked.
Last edited by Carrotear on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrotear
My arm hurts

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Russian Mercenaries [V1.8]

Postby RastaManGames » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:04 am

Spaceman333 wrote:The mod itself has grown quite massively (+250MB). I can still download it easily with a fast internet so its not a problem, but for sake of curiosity would it be possible to reduce the filesize without losing audio quality?

Also an awesome mod like this would be great to share in other places too, like ModDB.com - plenty of doomers in there would appreciate this mod!

To be honest, i am already compressed all audio from various *wav files to *ogg with "Zero Quality Preset" in "AIMP Converter".
Quality itself not dropped very hard, but size of files getted really smaller (if we can compare it to original files).
So... Only way to decrease size of this crappy mod is finding new method of compressing ol' good OGG Vorbis, i guess.

Also, i have page on ModDB, but i don't know, if it's okay to post link here...
RastaManGames
Syberian Doom Fan

Discord: ℝ𝕒𝕀π•₯π•’π•„π•’π•Ÿπ”Ύπ•’π•žπ•–π•€#4168
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Spaceman333 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Yeah true looking at the files, they're all already ogg, well organized and clean - so its already enough optimized as it is. It just simply has an adundance of good content, which is awesome. In this case its ok for the filesize to be big.

Yes, putting up a link to moddb as an alternative download location is always welcome! I didn't know you already had one and I never saw the file posted on Doom 2's files, since I have that game watched and always recieve updates when a new files for Doom 1/2 gets uploaded there.
Spaceman333

Postby Nomakh » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:43 am

This is... Brilliant. I have been searching this kind of sprites a long ago! Can I use these sprites for my mods? This question also to origin's authors...)
Nomakh

Russian Mercenaries [V2.0]

Postby RastaManGames » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:29 am

I am currently working at idea of something like "optimization" for my junkie mod that can decrease count of local functions from, as example, 30 to just 1. Something like "classification system" if you ask me.
Number of lines in code also gonna be drastically decreased because of that process.
How it can be good for gameplay in GZDoom? I hope that this idea is not pointless at all.

Small update on my life:
I am really do not want to bring politics to this forum, but if i (someday) just gonna be offline for more than month or even half of year...
Just be know, that our government (the shameful "RosKomNadzor") are gonna ban entire internet and create something like "Great China Firewall" (with one exception that we don't have good analogues in Russia for overseas web-resources).
In unforseen future i just can lost access to this great forum, but let me thank you all for playing in GZDoom with this junkie-cranky enemy pack. I hope, that your gameplay with it gonna be lukewarm and you will not experience any fatal bugs and/or crashes.
RastaManGames
Syberian Doom Fan

Discord: ℝ𝕒𝕀π•₯π•’π•„π•’π•Ÿπ”Ύπ•’π•žπ•–π•€#4168
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods