Gardevoir Has A Gun: Version 1.3 [20MAY2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Gardevoir Has A Gun: [11MAR2022] 1.0 Trailer!

Postby kevansevans » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:21 pm

There are no plans for support outside of Doom.
kevansevans
Disciple of The Great God Imp
Spotlight Team

Github ID: kevansevans
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Spaceman333 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Spoiler: blackhole bug, fixed already, post spoilered to reduce scrolling
Last edited by Spaceman333 on Tue May 17, 2022 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman333

Postby kevansevans » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:44 pm

Hey! Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it!

Fun fact, the black hole does have a form of a cut off, and it's supposed to activate when hasn't absorbed an actor for a certain amount of time, so if it's not dissipating, something is feeding it. Will have to work on the list of things that can keep it going.

The floating paralyzed enemies are intentional, but definitely did not intend for it to make them invincible.

Work is still being performed on the mod, but I do not have a solid idea on when the next update will be, so unfortunately you'll have to deal for a bit.
Last edited by kevansevans on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Postby Spaceman333 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:45 pm

kevansevans wrote:Hey! Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it!

Fun fact, the black hole does have a for of a cut off, and it's supposed to activate when hasn't absorbed an actor for a certain amount of time, so if it's not dissipating, something is feeding it. Will have to work on the list of things that can keep it going.

The floating paralyzed enemies are intentional, but definitely did not intend for it to make them invincible.

Work is still being performed on the mod, but I do not have a solid idea on when the next update will be, so unfortunately you'll have to deal for a bit.

Hmm, I think it might be hitblood/gore constantly generated (using Nashgore here) or some trail effect from a custom monster perhaps (Dehacked Attack v3.1). I did look in the automap with IDDT-2x to notice there were atleast 2 streams of invisible objects being drawn into the direction of the of blackhole, but the sources seemed to start at the wall where there was no one.

I'm glad the bug does not cause a crash or freeze, so I can keep playing if it happens again. Won't register full killcount for that level, sadly.
Spaceman333

Postby Spaceman333 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Hey looks like it was indeed caused by nashgore. I pressed the "clear all blood/gore" button and soon after another blackhole that was stuck became ok again.

Anyway, had another fun playthrough just now and I noticed that the upgrades heavily rely on secrets to progress. Would be great if there was an option to change how upgrades spawn so that mapsets that have little to no secrets would still be viable.

I'm thinking a global killcount based (xp) based upgrade drops would be one way.
Another one could be spawn alongside uncommon powerups (soul, mega, backpack, visor, suit, berserk, etc).
Or perhaps spawned randomly with configurable chance whenever an enemy dies (with more monster HP = bigger chance).

Edit:
I just noticed with the blackhole bug is that the actors are only semi-invulnurable; I can actually damage them, but their health resets to full immediately on the next tick. The only time I'm able to kill the suspended enemies is by using weapons that have enough damage to instakill them with a single shot (bfg, shotgun) and only so if I manage to land the hit upclose so my projectile doesn't get yanked away by the blackhole before it manages to hit the suspended monster.
Spaceman333

Re: Gardevoir Has A Gun: Version 1.2 [13MAY2022]

Postby kevansevans » Fri May 13, 2022 9:30 am

Got a decent update for y'all!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9jk321i2q8my ... 2.pk3?dl=0

Code: Select allExpand view
Added:
- Tutorial Map!

Fixed:
- Blackhole damage algorithm. No longer indefinitely heals enemies.
- Blackhole feeding on actors that can cause it to stay spawned indefinitely
- Infinite ammo causing problems for certain guns
- Shotgun alt-fire/thwack mode buginess
- Shotgun alt-fire not keeping up with primary fire
- Megasphere behavior
- Max rocket speed causing weird behaviors
- minor sound issues
- RNG Names for Rocket, much more random now
- Difficulty no longer affects bonus gun pickups
- "Give all" command works better
- Perpetually spinning barrels

Changed:
- Ice Punch no longer a separate weapon. Pressing Mouse 4 will perform ice punch with any weapon.
- Ice Punch nerfed in power. Deals less damage, lower range, but no longer consumes rage.
- Ice Punch will allow you to leap at enemies.
- Ammo types will no longer grant guns. You need to find guns in maps now in order to use them.
- Items within kinesis ping need to also be visible to player in order to work
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Postby Spaceman333 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:55 pm

Excellent update, fixes everything and improves quality of life nicely. Thank you!
Spaceman333

Postby PatCatz2004 » Sat May 14, 2022 6:52 pm

Ello uhm kevansevans

I just wanna say that this mod is very good

Also...I tried it in LZDOOM And surprisingly, it works well-
PatCatz2004

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun May 15, 2022 9:39 pm

Been meaning to reply about the mod since after the update that came upon me birthday and here, I see this update and went back into playing this again for the joy of it. :)

I have been dealing with shortening the HUD since the one I go with for a normal experience is to be pretty big and at least easy to read while scaling it as correctly as possible while not being too huge. But with this mod, the HUD is so big the black long bars like to cover up my crosshair funnily enough and I usually have to remember to downscale and back. Not sure if you have any HUD plans to make the size less funky, but I might as well put this out there while it bothers me at times.

But oh, off of the screenshots you posted with the Dehacked Attack mod you are playing... Where did you find those mods like the Monsters Only Fall Damage, in multi backpack ammo, Doom Friends blur sphere replacer, and... Friendly Broccoli? I think I seen at least a few of them before and I forgot where I found them at but have wanted to use those since then...
Last edited by Starman the Blaziken on Mon May 16, 2022 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Starman the Blaziken
Are you finished with those errands?

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby kevansevans » Sun May 15, 2022 9:45 pm

I can tackle the hud problems if people share with me their fullscreen hud settings, under: options -> HUD options -> Scaling options.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun May 15, 2022 10:01 pm

Ah I was not expecting a reply that quick, but here is what mine usually is these days:

UI scale: 5

Overides for above setting
Messages - Default Scale
Console - Default scale
Status bar - 4
Fullscreen HUD - 4
Alt HUD - Default scale (Not that I use this)

Intermission and Screen Border Classic scaling might not matter but I have those mostly to their default state too.
Starman the Blaziken

Postby Spaceman333 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:18 am

Starman the Blaziken wrote:But oh, off of the screenshots you posted with the Dehacked Attack mod you are playing... Where did you find those mods like the Monsters Only Fall Damage, in multi backpack ammo, Doom Friends blur sphere replacer, and... Friendly Broccoli? I think I seen at least a few of them before and I forgot where I found them at but have wanted to use those since then...

(broccoli) https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/add ... r-broccoli
(doom friends) viewtopic.php?f=61&t=55990
(backpack multiplier) viewtopic.php?f=43&t=71979

MonstersOnly_FallDamage.pk3

Worth noting that I changed filesnames of the first three to remember them better. Original filenames of many mods are often too vague.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spaceman333

Postby Spaceman333 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:24 am

kevansevans wrote:I can tackle the hud problems if people share with me their fullscreen hud settings, under: options -> HUD options -> Scaling options.

these are mine:

Spaceman333

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon May 16, 2022 2:58 am

Spaceman333 wrote:
Starman the Blaziken wrote:But oh, off of the screenshots you posted with the Dehacked Attack mod you are playing... Where did you find those mods like the Monsters Only Fall Damage, in multi backpack ammo, Doom Friends blur sphere replacer, and... Friendly Broccoli? I think I seen at least a few of them before and I forgot where I found them at but have wanted to use those since then...

Worth noting that I changed filesnames of the first three to remember them better. Original filenames of many mods are often too vague.

Ah thanks. Drag Things seem interesting to me at first and I might ask about that one, it makes you able to drag props or items around right?
Starman the Blaziken

Postby Spaceman333 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:14 am

Starman the Blaziken wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:

Ah thanks. Drag Things seem interesting to me at first and I might ask about that one, it makes you able to drag props or items around right?

Yup, that one allows me to grab and pull objects and corpses out of the way if they're blocking my view (cacodemons for example). Its here:
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=59384
Spaceman333

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods