Weapons of Earth for Doom + Enemies of Earth

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Weapons of Earth for Doom + Enemies of Earth

Postby kalensar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:58 pm

earthdoom.png

This is a mod that was inspired by Weapons of Saturn and Terminator 2. To that extent is a weapons mod that sticks mostly to the classic Doom formula. Most of the guns have been replaced and perform as following.

Changelog--
---- Updated graphic small details, add QOL details on guns, changed Flamegun to Napalm Cannon, added grenade weapons. Added custom enemies written in all Decorate with no new graphics. File size of 800KB
----- Updated to REVISED Version and is FINAL.
--- Changed out a few of the weapons. Plasma rifle now shoots a flamethrower styled graphic; Changed the rifle into the SSG slot and it shoots as an autoshotty now. Sniper Rifle now has a bullet trail on its projectile. Added new unarmed attack. Changed weapon slot order.

KeyConf:

Slot1: fists
Slot2: Pistol
Slot3;: 1887, Assault Shotgun
Slot4: Chaingun
Slot5: Grenade Launcher
Slot6: Sniper
Slot 7; Plasmagun
Slot 8: Napalm Cannon-- looks like vanilla Plasma rifle but not shoot likeit.

Weapons of Earth

This is a mod that was inspired by Weapons of Saturn and Terminator 2 movie. To that extent is a weapons mod that sticks mostly to the classic Doom formula.
Most of the guns have been replaced and perform as following.

Glock21: replaces Pistol. Hits hard fires slow. Accurate. Needs to reload but will do it on its own or via reload key. No numbers show the clip ammo count for realism purposes. Throw Grenades with Altfire

1887: Replaces Shotgun. A 10 gauge shotgun that fires like the SSG for damage at one shell. The down side is that it must be manually cocked by Altfire/right-click.
Its pretty fun honestly.

Assault Shotgun: Full auto shotty that is point and click. reloads on its own after 10 shots. Must be manually reloaded. replaces SSG

TacRifle: A fullauto rifle with a scope and good accuracy. Right click to scope in and out. Replaces chaingun

Grenade launcher: Acts more like the rocket launcher but looks better. manually cocked via altfire/rightcick

UAC Plasmatic Rifle: Acts the normal plasmagun. Uses Cells. Replaces the Plasmarifle spawn.

Napalm Cannon: Shoots Gravity dropping Napalm for main fire which burns on ground. Altfire shoots a fireball Uses Cells. Replaces BFG 9000.

Sniper: Replaces Chainsaw spawn. Very straightforward and rips through enemies. Zoom with rightclick. removes zoom after each shot. Slow rate of fire.

Newfists: Swings with both fists fast on primary and throw grenades as altfire

Most enemies are very vanilla but have added attacks as follows:

Zombies all throw grenades and now drop grenades.

Imps can shoot 3 different types of fireballs

Pinkys and Spectres can now shoot an energy ball

Weapons Credits: Realm 667 repository for all guns except for the Plasmagun since it is native to Doom.

All monster abilities were written by Me

Heres the Download link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ERWqVR ... sp=sharing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kalensar on Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kalensar

Re: Weapons of Earth for Doom v1.1

Postby kalensar » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:02 pm

Updated to new version and updated main post
kalensar

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Could you provide some screenshots or gameplay? Seems cool.
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby kalensar » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:00 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Could you provide some screenshots or gameplay? Seems cool.

Demo video is now posted in the main post.
kalensar

Postby Baratus » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:44 pm

I've given this a quick play, and it's a very interesting and unique take on the Doom arsenal! It plays well, but might need a bit of polish.

I've taken a look through the code and it seems rather messy. It would be more organised if you had all of the weapon DECORATE contained in one lump. You can cut and paste it in and I believe it will still load the resources from the WAD files nested in the ZIP. Don't do this for the Grenade Launcher as it uses ZSCRIPT, unless you want to reformat it to be DECORATE by removing all the semicolons and the Default{} brackets.

The manual reload is bound to Altfire on some weapons, and Reload on others. I think it would be better if you made every weapon use the same key to reload.

The Glock and the Chaingun have perfect accuracy because the Fire state does not have a Refire in it, so the game is treating the weapon as always shooting its first bullet, which is completely accurate. Adding a Refire will allow the weapons to have the weapon spread that you included.

If you don't mind, I made some improvements to the starting pistol.

Spoiler: New Glock Code

Some things I have added:
-An inventory item and an ammo counter, the former counts how many times the gun has fired since the gun was reloaded, and the second is a dummy ammo type that gives a read out on the HUD of how full the weapon's magazine is. After firing ten times, the weapon will Dryfire instead.
-A Dryfire state which gives an audio/visual cue, the gun clicks when it is out of bullets, and you have to reload with Altfire. If you wanted the gun to reload automatically, get rid of the "A 0 Refire" and "Goto Ready" and it will fall through to the Altfire state. The sprite moving is done via A_WeaponOffset, which saves the need to create extra sprites for slight positional changes.
-A "fully loaded" state so that you can't spam reload when the weapon is already fully loaded.
-When you fire the gun, your view tilts slightly, this is just added visual flair, and your view centers again afterwards.

Feel free to use this code for the next version if you want.

I hope this isn't rude of me or too overwhelming, I just want to illustrate how you can make changes and improvements with a couple extra tricks in DECORATE.
Baratus

Postby kalensar » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:53 pm

Baratus wrote:I've given this a quick play, and it's a very interesting and unique take on the Doom arsenal! It plays well, but might need a bit of polish.

I've taken a look through the code and it seems rather messy. It would be more organised if you had all of the weapon DECORATE contained in one lump. You can cut and paste it in and I believe it will still load the resources from the WAD files nested in the ZIP. Don't do this for the Grenade Launcher as it uses ZSCRIPT, unless you want to reformat it to be DECORATE by removing all the semicolons and the Default{} brackets.

The manual reload is bound to Altfire on some weapons, and Reload on others. I think it would be better if you made every weapon use the same key to reload.

The Glock and the Chaingun have perfect accuracy because the Fire state does not have a Refire in it, so the game is treating the weapon as always shooting its first bullet, which is completely accurate. Adding a Refire will allow the weapons to have the weapon spread that you included.

If you don't mind, I made some improvements to the starting pistol.

Spoiler: New Glock Code

Some things I have added:
-An inventory item and an ammo counter, the former counts how many times the gun has fired since the gun was reloaded, and the second is a dummy ammo type that gives a read out on the HUD of how full the weapon's magazine is. After firing ten times, the weapon will Dryfire instead.
-A Dryfire state which gives an audio/visual cue, the gun clicks when it is out of bullets, and you have to reload with Altfire. If you wanted the gun to reload automatically, get rid of the "A 0 Refire" and "Goto Ready" and it will fall through to the Altfire state. The sprite moving is done via A_WeaponOffset, which saves the need to create extra sprites for slight positional changes.
-A "fully loaded" state so that you can't spam reload when the weapon is already fully loaded.
-When you fire the gun, your view tilts slightly, this is just added visual flair, and your view centers again afterwards.

Feel free to use this code for the next version if you want.

I hope this isn't rude of me or too overwhelming, I just want to illustrate how you can make changes and improvements with a couple extra tricks in DECORATE.

Hey Dude! Glad you liked this! I actually haven't updated this Thread in quite awhile. I put out a Revised version that has a better Chaingun replacement, plasmagun and better BFG and other things. https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/downlo ... th-revised

I used the reload code I did so you can't see the bullet count in the pistol itself.

Hope you enjoy!

I updated the main post as well
kalensar

Re: Weapons of Earth for Doom + Enemies of Earth

Postby kalensar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 pm

Updated to a new version which updated minor graphic details and added custom enemies. Updated the entire main post.
kalensar

Return to Gameplay Mods