Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby AlvinHBrown » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:05 am

These mods have elements which conflict with one another. To get them to work properly the code that replaces enemies must be separated from the rest of the mod. Simply putting them together has the effect of telling the game "Launch this weapon set....oh wait, cancel that and put this in, but keep the rest." Hope this helps explain things.


That is helpful, and I suspected that might be the case. Do you have a good recommendation on a guide to learn how to cut out the monsters from a WAD? I've dabbled in SLADE and I can (sorta) code, but I really don't understand what I'd need to be cutting out or how to package it properly.

--FEEDBACK ON TOPIC--

I found it strange that every weapon's alt-fire was armed with right-click, and fired with left click EXCEPT the shotgun which fires with right click. I keep unloading a bunch of rounds into a wall when I mean to arm it.
AlvinHBrown
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2020
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby H3LLW4LK3R » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:16 pm

AlvinHBrown wrote:
I found it strange that every weapon's alt-fire was armed with right-click, and fired with left click EXCEPT the shotgun which fires with right click. I keep unloading a bunch of rounds into a wall when I mean to arm it.


Every weapon? You forgot the rocket launcher and the plasma rifle don't need to be toggled for alt fire, but I some what get what you are getting at.
User avatar
H3LLW4LK3R
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2020
Discord: H3LLW4LK3R#4224
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby 4zm0d4n666 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:43 am

Alright, I've played tons of weapon mods, too many of them probably, from all the crappy ones or joke ones, to Bwootal Duum and Project Brutality, and I gotta say, this one is my new favourite weapon mod, and will be for a long time.

However, I don't know if it's just me but why is Mastermind and Cyberdemon ridiculously overpowered? I mean I get that our arsenal is overpowered too especially on vanilla maps, but I don't think it's so overpowered to make two strongest enemies run at light speed and shoot BFG projectiles at 300 shots per minute, especially considering there's a ton of wads that use those enemies pretty often in maps, not just as a "boss" that you see 1 or twice in the whole wad.

Don't get me wrong, everything else is phenomenal, the sound, the sprites, movement, animation, the sheer power of the weapons, I just don't think Master and Cyber needed to be this insane. Is it only a temporary feature and if not, is there any chance to download the mod without the modified Master and Cyber?

Thanks and once again, amazing mod regardless of the two enemies.
4zm0d4n666
 
Joined: 17 May 2021

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby bingojohnson » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:44 pm

You can turn them off in the mod options, if I recall correctly.
User avatar
bingojohnson
 
Joined: 12 Mar 2013

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby 4zm0d4n666 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:47 pm

bingojohnson wrote:You can turn them off in the mod options, if I recall correctly.


Indeed, I realized that literally the moment I posted a reply, but I didn't know how to delete it. I somehow missed the fact that the mod had any settings at all and I've never looked in the settings again, oh well.
4zm0d4n666
 
Joined: 17 May 2021

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby Rowsol » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:47 pm

The weapon sprites look spiffy. I'll give this a whirl.
User avatar
Rowsol
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2013

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby LucyLiddell667 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:45 pm

The new cyberdemon is absolutely broken, makes a lot of maps impossible to beat.

Besides that, the mod is great!
LucyLiddell667
 
Joined: 20 Aug 2021

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby H3LLW4LK3R » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:34 pm

4zm0d4n666 wrote:Alright, I've played tons of weapon mods, too many of them probably, from all the crappy ones or joke ones, to Bwootal Duum and Project Brutality, and I gotta say, this one is my new favourite weapon mod, and will be for a long time.

However, I don't know if it's just me but why is Mastermind and Cyberdemon ridiculously overpowered? I mean I get that our arsenal is overpowered too especially on vanilla maps, but I don't think it's so overpowered to make two strongest enemies run at light speed and shoot BFG projectiles at 300 shots per minute, especially considering there's a ton of wads that use those enemies pretty often in maps, not just as a "boss" that you see 1 or twice in the whole wad.

Don't get me wrong, everything else is phenomenal, the sound, the sprites, movement, animation, the sheer power of the weapons, I just don't think Master and Cyber needed to be this insane. Is it only a temporary feature and if not, is there any chance to download the mod without the modified Master and Cyber?

Thanks and once again, amazing mod regardless of the two enemies.

Thanks! the next update will have both of them removed, ngl I mainly tested both the Cyberdemon and Mastermind replacements in big open arenas, never really in actual map, also, kind of embarrassing that I released it that way, lol. The main reason why I removed them is that I want to make custom monsters at some point that fit the power level the player is given, also they will be toggle-able.

LucyLiddell667 wrote:The new cyberdemon is absolutely broken, makes a lot of maps impossible to beat.

Besides that, the mod is great!

lol, yea... they will be removed next update, my bad.
User avatar
H3LLW4LK3R
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2020
Discord: H3LLW4LK3R#4224
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby 4zm0d4n666 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:34 pm

H3LLW4LK3R wrote:Thanks! the next update will have both of them removed, ngl I mainly tested both the Cyberdemon and Mastermind replacements in big open arenas, never really in actual map, also, kind of embarrassing that I released it that way, lol. The main reason why I removed them is that I want to make custom monsters at some point that fit the power level the player is given, also they will be toggle-able.


That makes sense, no worries! I was just blind and haven't realized you can turn them off. Really excited for future updates, custom monsters definitely makes sense considering how powerful the arsenal is (PLEASE DON'T NERF THE WEAPONS, jk haha). Just finished 180 Minutes pour Vivre (relatively difficult megawad) recently using Hell Crusher and I gotta say it was pretty easy with vanilla monsters, but definitely satisfying and great, still challenging in some parts but not nearly as much as on vanilla weapons.

Whatever the future updates will bring, I'm looking forward to it :)
4zm0d4n666
 
Joined: 17 May 2021

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby Shatter-Thought[V-4] » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 pm

I've enjoyed the weapons in this mod so far, powerful and crazy, a lot of fun to mess with, but the extra bosses are way too spammy with either bfg blasts or the cyber's homing rockets, too stupidly powerful even for a fully equipped player in most arenas except for the most large and cover-laden examples.

I suggest making sure those attacks have some good cooldown and at least 0.8 seconds spacing between shots so players have a chance.
User avatar
Shatter-Thought[V-4]
 
Joined: 06 Apr 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby tachanka1917 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:30 am

This is one of my favorite weapon mods, not overloaded with weapons but some of the most rewarding shooting mechanics I've seen so far. I love how the minigun goes dry within a few seconds in alt fire!!!
One very minor gripe, the art design for the hammer looks a bit out of place to me, to photo like and that blue stick... I love using it though. So only minor moping on my end...
tachanka1917
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby LoreCannon » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Those sprites make this easily one of my favorite weapon mods. Something about them is just... mmm *chef's kiss*
LoreCannon
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2021

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby openroadracer » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:21 pm

I have to say, I'd love to try this; but I just want to ask: Is it possible to play this without the extra gore, please?
User avatar
openroadracer
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby H3LLW4LK3R » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:13 am

4zm0d4n666 wrote:
H3LLW4LK3R wrote:Thanks! the next update will have both of them removed, ngl I mainly tested both the Cyberdemon and Mastermind replacements in big open arenas, never really in actual map, also, kind of embarrassing that I released it that way, lol. The main reason why I removed them is that I want to make custom monsters at some point that fit the power level the player is given, also they will be toggle-able.


That makes sense, no worries! I was just blind and haven't realized you can turn them off. Really excited for future updates, custom monsters definitely makes sense considering how powerful the arsenal is (PLEASE DON'T NERF THE WEAPONS, jk haha). Just finished 180 Minutes pour Vivre (relatively difficult megawad) recently using Hell Crusher and I gotta say it was pretty easy with vanilla monsters, but definitely satisfying and great, still challenging in some parts but not nearly as much as on vanilla weapons.

Whatever the future updates will bring, I'm looking forward to it :)


Thanks! I hope to have the update out soon, maybe on my birthday or something.

Shatter-Thought[V-4] wrote:I've enjoyed the weapons in this mod so far, powerful and crazy, a lot of fun to mess with, but the extra bosses are way too spammy with either bfg blasts or the cyber's homing rockets, too stupidly powerful even for a fully equipped player in most arenas except for the most large and cover-laden examples.

I suggest making sure those attacks have some good cooldown and at least 0.8 seconds spacing between shots so players have a chance.


The next update will have those bosses removed.

tachanka1917 wrote:This is one of my favorite weapon mods, not overloaded with weapons but some of the most rewarding shooting mechanics I've seen so far. I love how the minigun goes dry within a few seconds in alt fire!!!
One very minor gripe, the art design for the hammer looks a bit out of place to me, to photo like and that blue stick... I love using it though. So only minor moping on my end...


Thanks! yea the hammer is a 3d model I made, and rendered. I need to learn how to sprite...

LoreCannon wrote:Those sprites make this easily one of my favorite weapon mods. Something about them is just... mmm *chef's kiss*


Thanks!

openroadracer wrote:I have to say, I'd love to try this; but I just want to ask: Is it possible to play this without the extra gore, please?


There is no extra gore? if you mean nash gore that is not included with the mod.
User avatar
H3LLW4LK3R
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2020
Discord: H3LLW4LK3R#4224
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hell Crusher 0.3 - Skilled based overpowered gameplay mo

Postby openroadracer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:31 am

H3LLW4LK3R wrote:
openroadracer wrote:I have to say, I'd love to try this; but I just want to ask: Is it possible to play this without the extra gore, please?
There is no extra gore? if you mean nash gore that is not included with the mod.
Oh, so every video I've seen of Hell Crusher has also been running NashGore.

Alright, I'll give this a download.

EDIT: Welp. I presume this means my GZDoom is too old:
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 464:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayPivotAlign'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 464:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayScale'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 464:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayRotate'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 506:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayPivotAlign'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 506:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayScale'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 506:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayRotate'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 553:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayPivotAlign'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 553:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayScale'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 553:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayRotate'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 591:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayPivotAlign'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 591:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayScale'
Script error, "Hell_Crusher.pk3:zscript/weapons/chaingun.zc" line 591:
Call to unknown function 'A_OverlayRotate'
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: NewChaingun.StateFunction.206
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: NewChaingun.StateFunction.215
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: NewChaingun.StateFunction.224
Function without prototype needs register info manually set: NewChaingun.StateFunction.233

Execution could not continue.

12 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts


Dammit. :x
User avatar
openroadracer
 
Joined: 23 Sep 2019
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: punchyouinthefaceman, Ryuhi, slyrboi, ThinkSome and 12 guests