MrTaterz & Ac!d present: Vanilla Machine-Pistol!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MrTaterz & Ac!d present: Vanilla Machine-Pistol!

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:43 am

kalensar wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:is there a version or anything that makes the machine pistol replace the normal pistol but doesn't need reloading. or is that impossible to do?

Your wish has been granted. Heres a Zandronum capable version with no reload. It replaces the ClipBox Spawns with the Clip Box ammo amounts per give so you can use it with the chaingun as well..

Extra Credits file inside this modified PK3

Zandronum_Vanilla_MachinePistol.pk3

well, that is cool but i still start off with the normal Doom pistol. cause the main idea was replacing the main Doom pistol with the machine pistol one, and having no reload but having it not fire like the same way the classic pistol does it Doom. although this doesn't shoot as it does as the normal mod does. if something that this of the main version can be done to replace the actual pistol. that'd be cool. but i don't know how things work like that with Doom and mods. cause i play more than create
MrRumbleRoses

Postby kalensar » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:17 pm

MrRumbleRoses wrote:
kalensar wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:is there a version or anything that makes the machine pistol replace the normal pistol but doesn't need reloading. or is that impossible to do?

Your wish has been granted. Heres a Zandronum capable version with no reload. It replaces the ClipBox Spawns with the Clip Box ammo amounts per give so you can use it with the chaingun as well..

Extra Credits file inside this modified PK3

Zandronum_Vanilla_MachinePistol.pk3

well, that is cool but i still start off with the normal Doom pistol. cause the main idea was replacing the main Doom pistol with the machine pistol one, and having no reload but having it not fire like the same way the classic pistol does it Doom. although this doesn't shoot as it does as the normal mod does. if something that this of the main version can be done to replace the actual pistol. that'd be cool. but i don't know how things work like that with Doom and mods. cause i play more than create
:idea:

Basically the idea was to make the best of multiple ideas with the least amount of code possible.

As far as starting with the pistol replacement I have to build a whole new character class which is not necessarily hard at all. I just feel that it is completely unneeded and replacing clip boxes with with a SMG that gives the same amount of ammo as a clipbox and gives access to a weapon that is faster firing than the base pistol but slower than the chain gun is a decent fit for Doom balance as a whole.

I'm really loathe on modifying this gun too much because I don't want to outright make the original pk3 obsolete, which I can easily do. I would rather have a true vanilla style variant, rather than modern style variant, in this case that is compatible with z Doom family mostly across the board.
kalensar
Castlevania 3 for Simons Destiny compiler. Rabid editor

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:45 pm

well i reckon that's fair enough. i don't wanna feel like i'm forcing anything, i just like the mod quite a bit, and i like some weapon mods that replace the pea shooter of the normal Doom pistol. and this mod was one of those i like to play around with. and with how this gun fires and handles. it's pretty cool. i'm just a bit so so on having it reload and not knowing when it will need to reload. cause i'm sure you've seen weapon mods that have like an indicator of how many bullets are in the chamber before it needs to reload. that would of been a nice little addition. and i guess for an extra bonus, if there was a way to manually reload as well. that would be sweet. but either way. this is still a cool little weapon to play around with
MrRumbleRoses

Postby _sink » Sat May 07, 2022 5:03 pm

kalensar wrote:

Your wish has been granted. Heres a Zandronum capable version with no reload.

This made me wanna have a quirky Eternity version, following the same idea as being like a sidegrade to the original pk3. Rather than removing the reload, it operates sort of like the plasma rifle. After about half a mag it'll go to its reload state when you stop shooting. The fire rate is a little faster than the pistol, rather than shooting fast as the chaingun. Credits included. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_sink
flutter

Discord: #7171

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Sun May 08, 2022 1:13 am

_sink wrote:
kalensar wrote:

Your wish has been granted. Heres a Zandronum capable version with no reload.

This made me wanna have a quirky Eternity version, following the same idea as being like a sidegrade to the original pk3. Rather than removing the reload, it operates sort of like the plasma rifle. After about half a mag it'll go to its reload state when you stop shooting. The fire rate is a little faster than the pistol, rather than shooting fast as the chaingun. Credits included. :D

this suppose to be as it's own thing. or is one of the other pk3's needed for this?
MrRumbleRoses

Postby _sink » Sun May 08, 2022 6:46 am

MrRumbleRoses wrote:this suppose to be as it's own thing. or is one of the other pk3's needed for this?

this ones its own thing
_sink
flutter

Discord: #7171

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Sun May 08, 2022 2:34 pm

_sink wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:this suppose to be as it's own thing. or is one of the other pk3's needed for this?

this ones its own thing

hm. cause i did try & launch it as it's own thing, but there was nothing new or different. still the same Doom weapons
MrRumbleRoses

Postby Enjay » Sun May 08, 2022 2:57 pm

Are you using it with the Eternity source port? It won't work with GZDoom.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Sun May 08, 2022 5:09 pm

Enjay wrote:Are you using it with the Eternity source port? It won't work with GZDoom.

ooohhh. i um, didn't know it was a sourceport
MrRumbleRoses

Re: MrTaterz presents: Vanilla Machine-Pistol

Postby SLON » Sun May 15, 2022 10:12 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Pretty cool! I have always wondered why the weapon shown on the menu splash screen never showed up in the game. Now I no longer need to, thanks to you. :D

More interestingly, the marine dude in the back is holding a gun that damn looks like the Ripper from (future!) Duke 3D. Only with a grip and a magazine below, and with a folding buttstock.
SLON

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby SLON » Sun May 15, 2022 10:51 am

https://i.imgur.com/g82tlDD.png
https://i.imgur.com/I8jTkF6.png

I don't know how good or bad it turned out, lol.
SLON

Postby SLON » Sun May 15, 2022 3:19 pm

A quick test of the resulting junk, if anyone is interested: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hweidt5b6sXOwbd_3yLujXf0OwAGLBRQ/view?usp=sharing

Muzzle flash probably sucks, but I'm not very good at drawing stuff like that.

Spoiler:
SLON

Postby chronoteeth » Sun May 15, 2022 7:35 pm

makes me think of a mod that only uses drawings and sprites based on all the doom and doom bootleg box arts
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby LowEndPCGamer100 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:03 pm

id like to see a dehacked version of this wad
LowEndPCGamer100

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods