[minimod][v0.5.1] Gearbox - weapon/inventory handling

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [minimod][v0.4.1] Gearbox - weapon/inventory handling

Postby TheWeaponCollector » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 pm

Its nice to use but i got a little bug
[imgur]https://imgur.com/a/xbJihlU[/imgur]
TheWeaponCollector

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby m8f » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:27 am

Lippeth wrote:I keep the pixel ratio set to 1.2 in the config file
How do you do that?
Lippeth wrote:Again, I'm still messing with it (you gave a lot of fun options to tweak) but is there a way to not have it replace the text graphics for item and weapon nametags?
I'll see if I can add an option for that.

TheWeaponCollector wrote:Its nice to use but i got a little bug
This is not a little bug, the wheel is completely messed up. What mod is that? How did you do that?
m8f
dreamer

Discord: m8f#0629
Github ID: mmaulwurff
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kali, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Lippeth » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:49 am

m8f wrote:
Lippeth wrote:I keep the pixel ratio set to 1.2 in the config file
How do you do that?

I type "vid_setscale 1920 900 0 1.2" into the console and it vertically stretches all the text fonts, menus, and huds/statbars to look how it originally did in DOS. It basically does the same thing as "HUD preserves aspect ratio" but for all UI elements. I take my monitor's screen height, divide it by 1.2 and set that number as the height. The 0 is for nearest scaling (1 would be linear), and 1.2 stretches the UI vertically. Rachael showed me how, and it's now the first and most important thing I do when downloading a new daily build of GZDoom. I can't go back. It can also be done by finding each parameter in the config file("vid_scale_custompixelaspect = 1.2", and "vid_scale_linear = false"), but the console is just faster.

Also, I've found that this mod works wonderfully with Hexen's existing inventory menu: I press the button to go into your menu, and while it's paused, I load an item that I want with the regular inventory, then select one from your menu, and while it's being used/consumed I've got another item ready to use on the fly. Very handy!
Lippeth
Metalvangelist

Discord: Lippeth#2552

Postby TheWeaponCollector » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:07 pm

[/quote]This is not a little bug, the wheel is completely messed up. What mod is that? How did you do that?[/quote]
well tbh i just installed 11 weapon packs like DOOMRL ARSENAl,RO3.0,Kriegsland and alot more. :wink:
TheWeaponCollector

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby wildweasel » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:03 pm

TheWeaponCollector wrote:
This is not a little bug, the wheel is completely messed up. What mod is that? How did you do that?

well tbh i just installed 11 weapon packs like DOOMRL ARSENAl,RO3.0,Kriegsland and alot more. :wink:

I don't think those are all supposed to be loaded at once...?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Lippeth » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:30 pm

I did notice one strange issue: Enabling Freeze Time and selecting the menu while standing in water seems to increase player height while paused, but only in Hexen and Heretic.
Lippeth
Metalvangelist

Discord: Lippeth#2552

Postby Captain J » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:01 am

TheWeaponCollector wrote:well tbh i just installed 11 weapon packs like DOOMRL ARSENAl,RO3.0,Kriegsland and alot more. :wink:
Gameplay mods merged with a dozen of weapons like this is totally guaranteed to make one or few glitch and i don't consider it as the actual problematic glitch unless if there are no mods that conflicts each other.

Anyways i'd like to talk about the wheel gearbox. I get the idea of not having scale option because it gets harder to select and all, but the vertical mouse movement is slightly slower on my hand. Both default movement options are set to 1.0, but the vertical one is somewhat slow. GZDoom cursor one is moves vertically with normal speed, though.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby m8f » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:40 am

TheWeaponCollector wrote:well tbh i just installed 11 weapon packs like DOOMRL ARSENAl,RO3.0,Kriegsland and alot more. :wink:
As wildweasel said, these things are not supposed to be loaded together. However, if you post your complete load order, I may try to make Gearbox cooperate, just for the heck of it.

Lippeth wrote:I did notice one strange issue: Enabling Freeze Time and selecting the menu while standing in water seems to increase player height while paused, but only in Hexen and Heretic.
Thanks for reporting! Will look into it.

Captain J wrote:Anyways i'd like to talk about the wheel gearbox. I get the idea of not having scale option because it gets harder to select and all, but the vertical mouse movement is slightly slower on my hand. Both default movement options are set to 1.0, but the vertical one is somewhat slow. GZDoom cursor one is moves vertically with normal speed, though.
Mouse movement will be reworked in the next version. Also I'm toying with wheel scaling.
m8f
dreamer

Postby lucker42 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:11 am

Small bug report:

1. I play with DoomRL Arsenal 1.1.5. The maximum amount of ammunition in the weapon store is displayed incorrectly. See the picture:

https://ibb.co/pXgx9zs

Where does he even get it from? A very strange number. The same situation with other types of weapons.

2. Changing the position of the blocks does not work. They only accept extreme positions. There are no reactions to the intermediate ones.
lucker42

Postby Enjay » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:17 am

lucker42 wrote:2. Changing the position of the blocks does not work. They only accept extreme positions. There are no reactions to the intermediate ones.

That has been fixed if you grab a dev build. It hasn't made it to an official release yet.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby m8f » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:18 am

1. I'm not very familar with DoomRL Arsenal. I suppose 88 here is the magazine size? Then, 40 / 88 = 45%, rounding up to tens of % this is ~= 50%. Hence 5 / 10 pips in outer row. Gearbox takes ammo/maxAmmo and alt.ammo/maxAltAmmo, and it's up to the mod what to put there.

2. This is fixed in dev build, but thanks for reporting nonetheless!
m8f
dreamer

Postby lucker42 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:25 am

m8f wrote:1. I'm not very familar with DoomRL Arsenal. I suppose 88 here is the magazine size? Then, 40 / 88 = 45%, rounding up to tens of % this is ~= 50%. Hence 5 / 10 pips in outer row. Gearbox takes ammo/maxAmmo and alt.ammo/maxAltAmmo, and it's up to the mod what to put there.

The fact is that in fact the maximum number of ammo in the clip is 40, but the wheel reflects-88. Not critical bug, but maybe there is an opportunity to fix it?

One more thing. The mod has a feature to turn on the weapon wheel when you click the next / previous weapon button. Can you do the same for inventory?

Update: I edited the message. Apologies for Google Translate.
lucker42

Postby m8f » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:06 am

Then, most probably DoomRL Arsenal stores magazine capacity in some other place than max[Alt]Ammo. I'm afraid I won't be able to read it. I could hardcode the value for that particular weapon, but it's a slippery slope. I want to avoid it unless completely necessary.

Inventory handling in Gearbox is intentionally not connected to native inventory bar. You can, however, hook Gearbox to inventory keys by binding keys to ""+gb_toggle_inventory_menu; invnext" and "+gb_toggle_inventory_menu; invprev" commands. I doubt if it's more convenient than a single key to open inventory menu. How do you intend to use such feature?
m8f
dreamer

Postby lucker42 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:11 am

I play on the gamepad. Due to the limitations of the buttons, mods like yours are very useful in this case. I would like to exclude the "Call the inventory menu" button and call this menu immediately with the "next/previous item" buttons, analogy to Weapons Wheel.

For some reason, I think it would be convenient. Maybe I'm wrong
lucker42

Postby m8f » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 am

Ah. Gamepad support is on the way. With it, you will be able to navigate in inventory wheel with analog stick, and not use next/previous item buttons at all. In fact, dev build already has gamepad analog stick support.
m8f
dreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods