Project Re-Blood

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby ChiliPimp » Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 am

Ah much better, great work on this! :thumb:
User avatar
ChiliPimp
 
Joined: 10 May 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby Valherran » Mon May 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Valherran wrote:Much better. I found one more game-breaking issue; due to the enemy triggering on sight only, you cannot get 100% kills in maps that have rooms made to teleport enemies into the level when the player makes noise.


Some more things:

1. Megasphere isn't giving armor.

2. Red cultists are dropping thompson ammo instead of winchester ammo. Although it seems like they should be using a flare gun given that they drop ammo for that as well as throwing spray cans.

3. Flare guns don't have their alt-fire.

4. Single stick dynamite explosion animation is missing.

5. Voodoo Doll can't be used.

6. Cultists are dropping too much ammo. I suggest limiting their drops to just guns like in Doom (to preserve map balance) and for the green cultists just randomize the bomb that drops, but limit it to 1. Red cultists should either drop a spray can or a flare gun.

7. Crosshair is still off, it actually went from a centimeter too high to a centimeter too low from the center.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby Yebudoom » Mon May 17, 2021 3:19 pm

This mod has a lot of potential to be great fun. And 1.40 is already an improvement over the first version. Here's some QoL and cosmetic suggestions:

1. Reloading has its own new bind and doesn't use the built-in GZDoom reload key. I think this is unnecessary, just use the default one in the mod.
2. The pickups are visually inconsistent, some have voxels, and some do not. If you don't have voxel versions for all of them, maybe make them all sprites?
3. The quick kick and quick knife keys work really weird. You press the key and it switches to kicking/slashing... But only for one attack! Then, after that one attack, it switches back to your main firearm. That's unintuitive, to say the least. I think these keys should not be switches, but alternative attack keys. Pressing the quick kick should have Caleb perform the kick, pressing the quick knife should have Caleb perform the slash. That's it, otherwise it's too much unnecessary key pressing.
User avatar
Yebudoom
 
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby PatCatz2004 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:52 pm

Okay so....I played this mod on LZDoom (Cuz of the opengl issue that GZDOOM has, and Idk how to find it.), and it worked well....and then a bug happened where the blood splatter's not very normal at all
PatCatz2004
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2020

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby PresBarackbar » Tue May 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Yebudoom wrote:
Reloading has its own new bind and doesn't use the built-in GZDoom reload key. I think this is unnecessary, just use the default one in the mod.


Definitely agree with this

The pickups are visually inconsistent, some have voxels, and some do not. If you don't have voxel versions for all of them, maybe make them all sprites?


Blood uses voxels for all the weapon, ammo, and armor pickups (as well as the doctor's bag) and sprites for everything else.

My only outstanding complaint as of right now in addition to the reload is that I still cant shake off the choking hands (playing on Lightly Broiled)
PresBarackbar
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2019

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby mick87 » Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Updated to 1.41.
User avatar
mick87
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby mick87 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Updated AGAIN! :D
User avatar
mick87
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby Exeor » Fri May 21, 2021 7:37 pm

Great mod! I'm having a blast playing it right now :D

Two things:
1- For some reason explosive barrels are invisible
2- It seems that the explosion effect of the dynamite thrown by green cultists sometimes don't appear
User avatar
Exeor
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: Spain

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby PresBarackbar » Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 pm

So I really appreciate the updates and I hate to make you feel like you cant please anyone, but would it be possible to ALSO offer a version with the voxels in it? The original Blood DID have voxel pickups.
PresBarackbar
 
Joined: 18 Oct 2019

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby mick87 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:02 am

Exeor wrote:Great mod! I'm having a blast playing it right now :D

Two things:
1- For some reason explosive barrels are invisible
2- It seems that the explosion effect of the dynamite thrown by green cultists sometimes don't appear

Hi Exeor, for the point 1, I solved it in the version 1.42. For the point 2 I’m still investigating just because of the “sometimes“.
User avatar
mick87
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby mick87 » Sat May 22, 2021 12:06 am

PresBarackbar wrote:So I really appreciate the updates and I hate to make you feel like you cant please anyone, but would it be possible to ALSO offer a version with the voxels in it? The original Blood DID have voxel pickups.

Hi PresBarackbar, maybe I will provide an add on or an option in the menu in the future.
User avatar
mick87
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby Exeor » Sat May 22, 2021 9:27 am

mick87 wrote:
Exeor wrote:Great mod! I'm having a blast playing it right now :D

Two things:
1- For some reason explosive barrels are invisible
2- It seems that the explosion effect of the dynamite thrown by green cultists sometimes don't appear

Hi Exeor, for the point 1, I solved it in the version 1.42. For the point 2 I’m still investigating just because of the “sometimes“.


I have the theory that it is because the explosion doesn't have a SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION in the A_SpawnItemEx (didn't check your code, but I have a little experience with decorate), most of the time the explosion didn't appear when being near a wall.
User avatar
Exeor
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2015
Location: Spain

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby mick87 » Sat May 22, 2021 11:00 am

Exeor wrote:I have the theory that it is because the explosion doesn't have a SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION in the A_SpawnItemEx (didn't check your code, but I have a little experience with decorate), most of the time the explosion didn't appear when being near a wall.

I will check, thanks for the hint. :)
User avatar
mick87
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby Time_Streamer » Tue May 25, 2021 5:47 am

I've played this a lot lately and I must say I'm liking it very much. I don't know how full is your plate with issues right now, but I'm adding up two more.

1) Choking hands aren't ok yet. I'm mashing up the use button the fastest as I can and choking hands still kill me.

2) Doom 1 boss maps aren't working correctly. The tesla (blue) cultists replacing hell knights at E1M8 don't trigger map event of lowering walls when killed, preventing the player from finish the map. Also, I could see that Cheog is in statue mode on E2M8. When you come near, his awakening from statue mode is triggering the map end.

3) Lightly Broiled difficulty has a typo, it's currently "Lightly Broired".

I'll keep you updated. I'm playing Doom 1 third episode now.
User avatar
Time_Streamer
 
Joined: 22 Dec 2020

Re: Project Re-Blood

Postby mick87 » Tue May 25, 2021 9:16 am

Time_Streamer wrote:I've played this a lot lately and I must say I'm liking it very much. I don't know how full is your plate with issues right now, but I'm adding up two more.

1) Choking hands aren't ok yet. I'm mashing up the use button the fastest as I can and choking hands still kill me.

2) Doom 1 boss maps aren't working correctly. The tesla (blue) cultists replacing hell knights at E1M8 don't trigger map event of lowering walls when killed, preventing the player from finish the map. Also, I could see that Cheog is in statue mode on E2M8. When you come near, his awakening from statue mode is triggering the map end.

3) Lightly Broiled difficulty has a typo, it's currently "Lightly Broired".

I'll keep you updated. I'm playing Doom 1 third episode now.

Hi Time_Streamer, thanks for the reports, I'll check them.
User avatar
mick87
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2020
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: De-M-oN, punchyouinthefaceman, Ryuhi, thedeathrunner123, Tombstone665, undeadmonk354 and 9 guests