Project Re-Blood

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mick87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Project Re-Blood

Post by mick87 »

Thanks MaxiClouds. Mod released. I hope you like it.
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

I tried this and it was fun to splatter rooms with a sawed off. However, Viewheight is higher than caleb with certain actions like where you're aiming and casings. Other than that, this is awesome. Works well with other monster mods too.

Edit: My bad, turns out that "Player.AttackZOffset" was set to 30. Viewheight had little to do with it.

Edit 2: Now I see why Player.AttackZOffset was 30 after using the Napalm Launchers lol.
ChiliPimp
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChiliPimp »

Cool to see this finally out, however some of the features added are abit of an inconvenience. The dashing could have been implemented better, I want to crouch walk normally but I end up flinging myself in places I dont want to be. Maybe something like Quick Kick + Crouch or a separate bind. Another thing is the the whole laser sight thing, Im guessing its purpose is for people who dont use mouselook to get headshots but there's no disable button for people who do use it. So it just ends up being very awkward to aim like this.
mick87

Post by mick87 »

This is exactly my to-do list. It’s useless to hide that there are still some bugs or something to improve. Anyway, thanks for the advice.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

I just have to say that as someone who always wanted the high intensity carnage of the original Blood in a Doom mod, this delivers and then some!
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

It's finally out? Great to hear! I'll be sure to post some impressions after testing.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Tried this out, pretty neat so far, but there's a few problems.

1. While crouched you move forward at 4x speed, and sometimes pressing backpedal makes you go forward at the same speed.

2. The hitboxes on enemies need some adjusting, mainly the vines, mini-calebs, choking hands, and prone cultists.

3. Dual-wield needs to be a dedicated function, scrolling through some of the weapon slots is too cumbersome.

4. Choking hands can't be shrugged off on lower difficulties, and them frequently spawning from axe zombies is very imbalanced.

5. Aim is a little off from the crosshair, it's a centimeter above the center.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

Valherran wrote:Tried this out, pretty neat so far, but there's a few problems.

1. While crouched you move forward at 4x speed, and sometimes pressing backpedal makes you go forward at the same speed.

2. The hitboxes on enemies need some adjusting, mainly the vines, mini-calebs, choking hands, and prone cultists.

3. Dual-wield needs to be a dedicated function, scrolling through some of the weapon slots is too cumbersome.

4. Choking hands can't be shrugged off on lower difficulties, and them frequently spawning from axe zombies is very imbalanced.

I concur with all these points. They aren't gamebreaking, but it would be nice if the hand thing got fixed as well as the hitboxes of the enemies.
Ginji23

Post by Ginji23 »

Valherran wrote:Tried this out, pretty neat so far, but there's a few problems.

If PresBarackbar seconds all these points, then I third them. I'm also not a fan of the regenerating health. I've always preferred the heart drops from Blood over health regen, as it encourages keeping inside the combat. Health regen sort of encourages disengaging for long periods of time. But other than that, it's a very entertaining mod. Lots of sexy pyromania action. Good job.

Edited: I didn't want to double-post, so I'm adding to this one: It's kinda of jarring seeing lost souls alongside all these custom enemies. There are bats that spawn alongside them, but they don't appear to do anything. Just some nitpicking. As I said before, good job.
mick87

Post by mick87 »

I will consider these suggestions. 1, 4 and 5 should be easy to fix. Thanks
EnriksD8

Post by EnriksD8 »

I barely noticed the health regen when playing the mod.

Gunplay feels great, but I do understand if there are some minor tweaks needed to be done to improve them.

I'd like to suggest an option where you can tone down the intensity of certain effects like blood splatters, gun smoke, muzzle flashes, and explosions, mostly for those with lower end PCs.
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Hi EnriksD8, it would be really nice to have something like this but it's not expected at the moment due to its complexity.
mick87

Post by mick87 »

Updated to 1.40. Fixed some bugs. I think :D
Ginji23

Post by Ginji23 »

mick87 wrote:Updated to 1.40. Fixed some bugs. I think :D
Glad to see you're listening to the suggestions, these changes have definitely improved my experience. I do have one final, minor critique though: The Cerberus is too easy to pain-stun in my opinion. Setting it on fire with the napalm or unloading on it with the tommy gun pretty much disables it. Even the sawed-off shotgun does a really good job at keeping them disabled. Again, just a minor complaint, as realistically one would be unable to keep it stunned amongst a horde of other monsters. The main issue is that one could just set it on fire and forget about it to fight other monsters. Once again, great work, and thanks for listening to the suggestions!
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Much better. I found one more game-breaking issue; due to the enemy triggering on sight only, you cannot get 100% kills in maps that have rooms made to teleport enemies into the level when the player makes noise.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”