Nightmare Logic V1.5 [22.01.21]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nightmare Logic V1.4 (30/12/20) Raven and Hacx!

Postby Frozsoul » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:54 pm

Awesome, I look forward to it!

One more suggestion to add - the ability to interrupt reloading a weapon by throwing a grenade.

EDIT: It would also be great if there was an indication on the HUD when you have collected the AllMap powerup.
Frozsoul

Discord: 2779

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:47 am

Great mod! I especially like the minimalistic main menu with its old-school computer aesthetics.

I do have four issues with the mod:

1) Grenades are just too dangerous to use: their trajectory is hard to predict, they oftentimes bounce back at my feet and they can even get hit by enemy projectiles (oftentimes right after I have thrown them). The fact that they also detonate on impact does not help either.

2) The lack of reliable crowd-control weaponry and the fact that the character stops running during reloading make slaughter maps frustrating difficult, if not downright impossible. Cases in point: Hellbound's MAP 14: Doom District and MAP 31: Diabolus Ex Machina.

3) Speaking of the moving speed, platforming is much trickier now. Jumps that would be normally easy to do are now next to impossible without straferunning.

4) The Pistol is really not that great, even as a last resort weapon: it does not hit very hard, its clip capacity is too low and its semi-automatic fire rate is too slow. As such, there is little incentive to use it aside for saving rifle ammo. The fact that it comes with a reflector sight also makes me wish it could be more accurate or came with the ability to aim down the sights.

Finally, a suggestion: a powerful sniper rifle/railgun type of weapon would be a welcome addition to the arsenal, since the gameplay encourages a slower, more careful approach to combat.

In any case, keep up the good work!
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

About the new weapon? Heh, seems like you will have it covered soon...

More details will follow in the future, soldier.

Dismissed.

E n d   o f   f i l e  :  C A P R I C O R N  #001
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Re: Nightmare Logic V1.5 [22.01.21]

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:15 pm

Hey there guys, hope you're all doing well. I am mentally blocked and i am not going to update too much things so soon. But i had this update lying around and i wanted to leave it here after some polishing.

This build has some significant increase in size (like, 100kbs) because i added some new stuff, such as a new weapon: The Caseless Anti-Personnel Battle Rifle, or it's prototype nickname, CAPRICORN.

Replaces the BFG spots, and has scarce ammo. Use it wisely; Think of it as the Anti-Tank Rifle from Dino Crisis 2.

All in all, there are some other changes too, but take a look at the changelog; it's very short, and it follows the most recent feedback. Enjoy it, comment, spread the word. Have fun.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:40 pm

Never played Dino Crisis 2, so that reference is lost on me. Still, I noticed this new weapon comes with an actually usable scope, which is nice! :D

Thank you for the update. Enjoy your break and take it easy! :wink:
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Frozsoul » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:27 am

Great update, thank you! Enjoy your well-deserved break!
Frozsoul

Discord: 2779

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods