Wolf 'en Doom Lite V.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Wolf 'en Doom Lite V.1

Postby JoeyTD » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Wolf 'en Doom lite is a gameplay mod that at best tries to add all the lovely mechanics and graphics of wolfenstien 3D from the Jaguar or macintosh ports into doom with a few added extra effects for doom.
I know this is kind of mod that's for niche players but I hope for those who play this are happy with it.

Weapons:
you got the basic pistol, machine gun, and chaingun but I've added in the rocket launcher, flamethrower, and two secret weapons you'll have to find out about. shhhh

Enemies:
I had to reach deep into the halls of wolfenstien's baddies to find some good old replacements for them demons. I think you may like what I did.

Powerups:
armor and health bonus have a chance at becoming treasures but you may not like that to much.
most of doom's classic power have have been given a WW2 aging to them.

showcase video:
(video shows off an early build of the mod, so much has changed since then.)

Download:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein- ... -doom-lite

I can wait to hear back from you guys.

Credits are listed in the mod
JoeyTD
BeardedDoomGuy everywhere else

Re: Wolf 'en Doom Lite V.1

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:30 am

Similar to Nailz the Ravager's Codename: Jaguar mod, but there are some glaring issues.
  • Why would you replace strafing for the strafing keys with turning? There are already turning keys in Doom, and I can't move properly.
  • SS and Officers keep looping their alert sounds, preventing them from ever attacking.
  • The machine gun dropped by SS gives way too much ammo.
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby Facínora » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:11 am

I'm liking where this is going. Good luck!

Also, thanks for using my video in the thread.
Facínora

Discord: Facínora#4014
Twitch ID: facinoragr

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Eeeeey nice to see this mod. It's very accurate and retrospective to the original counterparts... I mean literal plural stuff like Jag, MAC, DOS version of Wolf3D! However the blood splat is quite big and the enemies are again, too accurate sometimes.

Also feels sad to see that the bosses can be easily conquered if you have a flamethrower.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Redead-ITA » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Jeimuzu73 wrote:
  • Why would you replace strafing for the strafing keys with turning? There are already turning keys in Doom, and I can't move properly.

It actually tries to simulate wolf3d movement because i don't think there were strafe keys at the time.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby Kinsie » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:04 pm

The forcible-disabling of strafing is frankly inexplicable, and seems solely designed to piss everyone off and leave nobody happy. It's not even handled consistently - It only works "as intended" if you're not moving! Holding forward and one of the strafe keys will still run at an angle.

Redead-ITA wrote:
Jeimuzu73 wrote:

It actually tries to simulate wolf3d movement because i don't think there were strafe keys at the time.

Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Return to Gameplay Mods