Puny Chickens (Heretic tweak)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kzer-Za
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Puny Chickens (Heretic tweak)

Post by Kzer-Za »

This mod changes two aspects of the enemies turned into chickens with Morph Ovum artifact; one has a serious reason and one is for fun.

First about the serious one: I have always found it strange that these chickens kept attacking you. It would make much more sense if they tried to run away and wait out the transformation time to return after transforming back and try to kill you being at full force, not in the form of a chicken with 10 HP. Of course, it could be argued that becoming chickens they retain only just as much of their brain power as chickens have. But first, in that case they would only have all the more reasons to run away (show me a bloodthirsty chicken), and second, it's fantasy! In fantasy practically always when someone is turned into an animal, they retain their consciousness.

So, now the chickens are frightened and try to run away from you. Unfortunately, if the monster is attacking you in melee the moment it is transformed, it's gonna keep pecking at you until you put at least a short distance between you two. There's nothing I can do about it. Also, as any frightened monster, the chicken will attack you if cornered and has nowhere to run.

Concerning the "for fun" part, chickens are now kickable :) The mechanics are about the same as kicking Zombies' heads in Blood: you run up to a chicken and it's "kicked" away some distance depending on your speed at the moment of collision.

This mod should be compatible with any mod where chickens are not touched or replaced with classes inherited from vanilla chickens.
Attachments
PunyChickens.pk3
(548 Bytes) Downloaded 30 times

Return to “Gameplay Mods”