[WIP] Risk of Doom [Update 1]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[WIP] Risk of Doom [Update 1]

Postby Soosisya » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:44 am

Those who have played Risk of Rain 1 or 2 know what's coming!
The main goal of the gameplay is to find a portal somewhere on the map, activate it, survive for some time and proceed to the next level. I've decided to make a mod of this. You'll have standard weapons, tons of monsters spawning everywhere on the map, and passive items that can stuck unlimitly to increase their effectiviness.
The mod can work with any map pack, even for DM.
Spoiler: Video:


Spoiler: Items:


Money system:
Your current money is located above your HP counter. You need money to buy chests. You get money by killing monsters or by opening small chests (each contains from 5 to 10)

Risk of options menu:
Here you can set the maximum amount of chests that can be spawned on each level. You still can get fewer chests. I've made this option for large maps that have tons of items and monsters.

Known bugs:
- sometimes the portal may not spawn. Theoretically I made a script that should prevent from happening of this. Though it may cause the game to get into an endless loop (I really hope it does not)
- even though you can play on DM maps, beware of archviles. They can launch you out of the map borders sometimes (that's happened to me a couple of times). Alas, I can't do anything with that.


Download link
Last edited by Soosisya on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby retronutcase » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:11 pm

I was just saying how this could be a thing. Looking forward to what you do with it!
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby 4page » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:18 am

Man, I was thinking of doing something like this. Don't have the ZScript chops for it yet, though. Looking forward to seeing how this develops!
User avatar
4page
 
Joined: 06 Aug 2019

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby retronutcase » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:00 am

I'm curious, will classes with unique abilities like in Risk of Rain itself be a thing? Or will it just be Doomguy with RoR style gameplay?
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Soosisya » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:25 am

retronutcase wrote:I'm curious, will classes with unique abilities like in Risk of Rain itself be a thing? Or will it just be Doomguy with RoR style gameplay?

It's just a doomguy with his weapons)))
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby 4page » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:05 pm

I might end up making an extension for this mod adding classes. Depending on how you put it together. And if I ever finish what I'm currently working on. And if I become moderately competent at Zscript.... And assuming I get your permission, of course.
User avatar
4page
 
Joined: 06 Aug 2019

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Soosisya » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:18 am

Small news on the project: I'm almost done with making the core of the mod. Soon I'll start adding items. For now I'm thinking on 4 types of items: common (white), uncommon (green), rare (red) and unique (purple). The unique items, you guess, are unique, thus they can be found only once per game, so they won't stuck. However, their effect will be more like in 'binding of isaac' - they will affect other items. For example, if you get explosive rounds instead of normal bullets, your allies (for now those are marines with chainguns) will get them too. Also I'm planning on making elite versions of monsters. They will have special abilities like regeneration, fast movement, teleportation etc...
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Soosisya » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:25 pm

I've done it! I've made the main core mechanics of the mod. And here is a small demo of what I got so far. For now there are only 2 stuckable items. The portal can be anywhere on the map, though it should be always reachable. Once the portal is activated, survive for some time (depending on the difficulty), then kill all monsters on the map, return to the portal, take your reward and leave. When it's time to kill all monsters, you get a full map that also shows all actors on the map, so you don't have to search monsters. If something goes wrong and for some reason you can't proceed through the portal, then just finish the level the normal way - push the standard exit button on the map. Next update will include more passive items.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Sound awesome ..
I was hoping that somebody makes a roguelike mod ..
Risk of rain is an amazing game and I can't understand that doom wasn't used for making more RLshooter mods
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:32 pm

I played it ..It's amazing!!!
Please more of that !!!!
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Soosisya wrote:I've done it! I've made the main core mechanics of the mod. And here is a small demo of what I got so far. For now there are only 2 stuckable items. The portal can be anywhere on the map, though it should be always reachable. Once the portal is activated, survive for some time (depending on the difficulty), then kill all monsters on the map, return to the portal, take your reward and leave. When it's time to kill all monsters, you get a full map that also shows all actors on the map, so you don't have to search monsters. If something goes wrong and for some reason you can't proceed through the portal, then just finish the level the normal way - push the standard exit button on the map. Next update will include more passive items.



Awesome..any idea when we see a new update?
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Soosisya » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:26 am

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:
Soosisya wrote:I've done it! I've made the main core mechanics of the mod. And here is a small demo of what I got so far. For now there are only 2 stuckable items. The portal can be anywhere on the map, though it should be always reachable. Once the portal is activated, survive for some time (depending on the difficulty), then kill all monsters on the map, return to the portal, take your reward and leave. When it's time to kill all monsters, you get a full map that also shows all actors on the map, so you don't have to search monsters. If something goes wrong and for some reason you can't proceed through the portal, then just finish the level the normal way - push the standard exit button on the map. Next update will include more passive items.



Awesome..any idea when we see a new update?

No Idea lol To be honest, now I'm busy improving my Spanish^^ And the lack of sprites kinda holds me back. But you're right, I should return to this project soon.
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Soosisya » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:37 am

Okay, I spent last two days on this mod, and as the result, here is a small update which includes next changes:
- 4 new items;
- every 30 seconds monsters get +10% of their max health when they spawn;
- friendly marines don't do any damage to the player;
- now you can loop maps.


P.S. Yup, I know, the sprites aren't the best, but my drawing skills are very limited.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Awesome..I'll check it later ..
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Risk of Doom

Postby Soosisya » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:20 am

Next update will be on December the 31st :P
Some features it will have:
- new items
- tiers for items
- money system
- maybe something else
Soosisya
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2020

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doomduck, doomg1337fuck, Dr_Cosmobyte, Samarai1000, Skullman and 13 guests