CMM DoomRLA Classes [0.6a] - Nano Maniac and Phase Sisters!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: CMM DoomRL Classes [0.5] - Nano Maniac and Phase Sisters

Postby MsrSgtShooterPerson » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:47 pm

Hey Mike, after some more playing around on Classes 0.5, I've found that extra modpacks don't confer the Mechanoid bonuses on a VBFG9000 - I guess it's fair to say in general, Advanced assemblies may be affected.
MsrSgtShooterPerson

Location: Lost in the infinite hells of ObAddon and I'm fine with that.
Discord: MsrSgtShooterPerson
Github ID: GTD-Carthage

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:27 am

MsrSgtShooterPerson wrote:Hey Mike, after some more playing around on Classes 0.5, I've found that extra modpacks don't confer the Mechanoid bonuses on a VBFG9000 - I guess it's fair to say in general, Advanced assemblies may be affected.

Thanks for finding this, I've fixed the issue :)

Here's the new version:

• Fixed more assemblies not working with Mechanoid's passive.
  • Added a new Nano Maniac mugshot (by Craneo) (fixed!)

Download
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Redead-ITA » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:58 am

Cutmanmike wrote:
  • Added a new Nano Maniac mugshot (by Craneo)

Uhh the mugface for the nano maniac doesn't appear.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Re: CMM DoomRL Classes [0.6a] - Nano Maniac and Phase Sister

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:40 am

Whoops! My compiler didn't pick them up, please redownload to see them.
Cutmanmike

Postby fakemai » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Finally tried this out for the Mechanoid class, but also just ended up trying Nomad. Mechanoid first, he's surprisingly fun and more for actually giving me reason to use the basic weapons since it's not normal. My main comments are that Sniper may need a cutoff since there are maps with long vertical range, and its damage potential is obscene, especially since I had 3 of them. Nano seems somewhat glitchy, or at least the way DRLA weapons interpret infinite ammo, which possibly also affects the FIREBLU sphere. For single shot weapons it seems to not trigger, except the autoshotty which can keep firing as long as you hold the trigger if the effect procs.

As for Nomad, well, my very first attempt immediately scored a BFG Infinity, but I think that was just my luck since I've seen bugger-all else except more modpacks. Also with Zetashop it automatically sells my inventory at level end without me needing to do it, so that's neat. Finally, apparently demonic items are exempt from the reset, but it would also make sense to exempt the armors that you can't take off, especially the Cybernetic given its description.

EDIT: Also I'd caution against using Nomad class with Adaptive difficulty. By design the class will push the DL, and make some map starts insufferable.
EDIT2: "Autoshotty" (Assault Shotgun) firing infinitely is because the Nano mod effect is periodic over 12 tics, which happens to be the fire rate of the weapon. Maybe use a random value 1-12 instead so that it should still average to the same amount of shots saved but not in a pattern?
EDIT3: The periodicity workd oddly with some other weapons too since quite a few have fire rates that are a factor of 12 so you can either end up missing the regen tic or hitting it more often than you should. Assault shotty is just the extreme of that. Also it's really crazy playing with Zetashop and getting a full set of Nano mods + laser rifle w/ 2 Firestorm, and just melting everything. This class would probably be really ridiculous in multiplayer with either Technician or Nomad.
fakemai

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Cutmanmike » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:45 am

I may end up reverting the nano mod mechanics for Mechanoid as I've noticed some other exploits with it too. Also I never considered vertical distance for the Sniper mods, whoops!
Cutmanmike

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods