Deon's Large Modpacks (RPG/LegenDoom/Roguelike Arsenal) 1.3

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Deon's Large Modpacks (RPG/LegenDoom/Roguelike Arsenal)

Postby grubfisher » Sun May 09, 2021 11:38 am

Hi! Does anyone know what's up with the menus? The use key doesn't work. Currently using lucker42's build for GZDoom 4.5 and DoomRPG launcher

Patches are

Brightmaps
Lexicon
DoomRL Arsenal
DoomRL Arsenal - Monster Pack
Wadsmooth

Mods are

autoautosave-1.3.pk3
brutalkick.pk3
DoomRL Option - Kinsie Fluff.pk3
doomRL Option - Kinsie Metaprops.pk3
doomRL_Arsenal_1.1.5.pk3
doom_complete.pk3
Lexicon-beta-build-137.pk3
Lexicon-miscdata-beta-build-137.pk3
mk-champions[2.666].pk3
nashgore.pk3
Others - flashlights.pk3
Others - Gearbox 0.4.1.pk3
Others - Hi-Res Texture Pack.pk3
Others - Precise Crosshair 1.4.1.pk3
pk_doom_sfx.zip (high res original doom sounds)
Universal_Enhanced_AI.pk3

When I press E in the RPG menu, nothing happens. This kinda breaks the game! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
grubfisher

Postby DSLord21 » Sun May 09, 2021 1:44 pm

Have you tried the stuff on the GitHub Grubfisher?
https://github.com/WNC12k/DoomRPG-Rebalance

Because I also had this problem when I first loaded up Doom RPG. I was able to fix it by pressing the "Reset to Defaults" option in the options menu. Then I restarted the game for good measure. I haven't encountered this problem since.
DSLord21

Postby kalensar » Sun May 09, 2021 5:39 pm

grubfisher wrote:Hi! Does anyone know what's up with the menus? The use key doesn't work. Currently using lucker42's build for GZDoom 4.5 and DoomRPG launcher

Patches are

Brightmaps
Lexicon
DoomRL Arsenal
DoomRL Arsenal - Monster Pack
Wadsmooth

Mods are

autoautosave-1.3.pk3
brutalkick.pk3
DoomRL Option - Kinsie Fluff.pk3
doomRL Option - Kinsie Metaprops.pk3
doomRL_Arsenal_1.1.5.pk3
doom_complete.pk3
Lexicon-beta-build-137.pk3
Lexicon-miscdata-beta-build-137.pk3
mk-champions[2.666].pk3
nashgore.pk3
Others - flashlights.pk3
Others - Gearbox 0.4.1.pk3
Others - Hi-Res Texture Pack.pk3
Others - Precise Crosshair 1.4.1.pk3
pk_doom_sfx.zip (high res original doom sounds)
Universal_Enhanced_AI.pk3

When I press E in the RPG menu, nothing happens. This kinda breaks the game! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

You need to set your use key to something else to test it. There should be plenty of options to set your keybinds. Also, don't use Universal Enhanced AI because it has a nasty crash bug happen if you mass kill a lot of things at the same time with overpowered weapons stronger than a BFG9000. I made a patch for EUAI that fix that bug, but in the end it's not worth it as it has to do with both the Ambush flag and Enemy dying flag within that mod.
kalensar
Castlevania 3 for Simons Destiny compiler. Rabid editor

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby grubfisher » Mon May 10, 2021 1:37 am

Reinstalled the installer and was super careful about how I set it up, to not rush anything. Tried the game again -- menus work now.

Thanks! Now if I can just figure out this weird stuttering lag and inability to pickup health packs hehe...
grubfisher

Postby DSLord21 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:25 pm

I'm glad that you were able to get the menus working. It probably isn't the cause; but the lag may be due to the game autosaving. My game lags every time it saves, which bugs me quite a bit, so I have it turned off. You can find the option to toggle it in the miscellaneous options. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help anymore than that, as I haven't experienced any stuttering lag besides turning autosaving off.

Also unfortunately, I wish I could help you with the health pack issue, but I haven't experienced it myself, and don't know what might be the cause of it.
DSLord21

Postby Framzo » Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi, Iv'e noticed two issue with the with the "RPGLegend" Pack (DOOMRPG+Legendoom+Colorfulhell)

First: You cannot drop your weapons, I don't know what is preventing it but there is no mod specific bind like with the other pack and the default GZDoom bind doesn't work either so once you get a different weapon that the default one you are locked onto this one.

Seconds: Some enemies leave trails that never despawn for examples, Iv'e tried fiddling with the settings but it didn't change a thing(https://i.imgur.com/SczVPxD.jpeg https://i.imgur.com/a6H27h1.png)

Apart from that thanks for your work making these works together, It's super fun and easy to set up surprisingly
Framzo

Postby DSLord21 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:24 pm

grubfisher wrote:Now if I can just figure out this weird stuttering lag and inability to pickup health packs hehe...

You're probably already aware of this; but the reason you may not be able to pick up health packs is because of the Doom RPG "medikit" mechanic (or whatever exactly it is called). When you pick up a health pack, rather than it directly adding to your health, it is instead transferred to your medikit - located at the upper left of your HUD. Once this reaches its limit, you can no longer pick them up, even if your health is not at its maximum. To see the maximum capacity of your medikit, go into your skills, and look under the "capacity" skill. To heal from your medikit, use the button that is assigned to the quick heal keybinding.
DSLord21

Postby Gallicidegoose » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:40 am

Hey for anyone having trouble with rpg menus and the transporter not working try pressing capslock and seeing if that changes anything for you, works for me anyhow.
Gallicidegoose

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods