Deon's Large Modpacks (RPG/LegenDoom/Roguelike Arsenal) 1.3

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
spectrefps

Re: Deon's Large Modpacks (RPG/LegenDoom/Roguelike Arsenal)

Post by spectrefps »

Just wanted to say, THANK YOU for your work on this, and for the help you have provided to myself and everyone else. As soon as I downloaded and installed your latest pack (the RLA pack specifically), it resolved the "missing quest items" issue (in fact, I encountered a FEW of them in the intro/startup level *before you even bring up the main menu* XD, so they are DEFINITELY working now!). Also, the champions are spawning/funtioning (weren't even occuring before :O) and it looks like the proper loot drops are working correctly now too (used to be SCARCE drops XD), so this has resolved a bunch of issues/question I had previously. More importantly, it makes the gameplay WAY more enjoyable now that the monster/champions/drops are working as they were intended now! Once again, THANK YOU for gathering these mods together and taking the time to help a dofus like myself get these to run nicely with each other. It plays -fantastically- now!! :D
Deon

Post by Deon »

Hey, I am really happy it works well for you.

There are a bunch of other complex RPG mods, such as DoomEXP and Lithium, but they are nowhere near in content than what this pack provides, and I failed to combine them with DoomArsenal.

I will keep doing what I love the most: mapping for this pack, but I will be coming back and assisting if anyone else is running into issues.
OmegaZeroXIII
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

I want to use the RLA pack but when I go to the teleporter and use the key assigned to "use" it doesn't work at all. In the menus belonging to DOOM RPG it does not work correctly
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

I have (yet another) question about DoomRPG+RLA+RLA Monsters: Is it normal for former-human enemies to not drop guns anymore? After seeing the RPG and champion systems finally working properly (champion enemies and tons of food/health pickups they drop! Also THOSE COLLECTION ITEMS FINALLY APPEAR ON THE MAP!! They do exist! :D), I noticed that enemies (regular and champion) no longer drop their guns (in the case of gun-toting zombies). Not even a single pistol after clearing out dozens of the pistol zombies (usually results in at least a few pistols, some combat pistols, and maybe a marksman pistol). This was most apparent after commonly having normal/combat/marksman pistols appear (back when I couldn't get the mods to work together XD). Not sure if that is normal behavior for RPG+RLA or if I messed up some something somewhere XD

UPDATE: Checked the load order in ZDL, and it was different than your screenshot (for RPG + RLA). So I matched your screenshot, and enemies drop weapons normally now! :D So if anyone has any issues (and just loaded the zdl like I did and fixed the paths), either 1) use the included .ini file with ZDL -or- make the load order match Deon's screenshot (the one for RPG + Roguelike Arsenal).

Oddly enough, with the RLA weapon/modpack dropping fixed, it looks like those 'collection' items stopped appearing on the maps now... Looking at the included ZDL, its load order had DoomRLA & RLA Monsters -before- Lexicon, and the rest of the DoomRPG and DoomRPG RLA patches -after- Lexicon. Here's what I mean:

.zdl file load order (minus the other/misc files): DoomRL_Arsenal, DoomRL_Monsters, Lexicon, Champions, DoomRPG, DoomRPG-lexicon, DoomRPG-RLArsenal, DoomRPG-RLMonsters

.ini (and screenshot) load order: Lexicon, Champions, DoomRPG, DoomRPG-Lexicon, DoomRL_Arsenal, DoomRL_Monsters, DoomRPG-RLArsenal, DoomRPG-RLMonsters

So it looks like having those 2 DoomRL_Arsenal files *before* lexicon was causing those collection items to appear naturally on the maps, but enemies would no longer drop RLA guns/items (and no RLA supply crates appeared on maps T_T).

I will experiment and see if loading all of the Doom RPG & Doom RLArsenal/Monsters -before- lexicon fixes the collection item issue.

Update 2: It looks like the reason for those DoomRPG 'Collection' items finally appearing on maps (and RL_Arsenal stuff no longer spawning/dropping) was due to RL_Arsenal being loaded before DoomRPG (if you drag-and-drop the zdl file). It seems that doing that replaces most items on the map (blue vials mostly) with the DoomRPG collection items (materials/intel/etc). Played around with the load order a bunch, but wasn't able to find a way to both keep the RLArsenal drops/loot and fix the 'collection' items not appearing on any maps (so those missions are pretty much non-completable :/).

If anyone has the time/patience to take a look at this, I'd be interested if you can find something I missed, as it still irks me that all those collection missions are rendered non-completeable (at least, if you play the RPG+RLA setup).

Otherwise, I guess it's either RLA guns/items/drops or the small collection items, so I'll stick with the RLA loot dropping (and those RLA supply crates actually spawning on the map) unless anyone can find a better solution! XD
Last edited by spectrefps on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

It seems that the LA pack is making adjustments so I hope I can make it work correctly. Keep it up because I'm well entertained with the RPG + ColorfullHell
Last edited by OmegaZeroXIII on Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I've noticed that some of the drops overwrite the other. I mostly get guns from the shop/level/missions, but I can see why you want to get them from enemies. That's a good comment about either/or. I will experiment with it a bit myself and write a proper post.

There are also some drop-related settings in the mod settings, you could try checking if the different setting gives you what you want.
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Ah I think I finished my 2nd edit just as you replied XD Yeah I -much- rather have enemies drop guns (like the normal RLArsenal experience) rather than have some collectibles items. But I was just a little disappointed that I couldn't find the *super special load order* to get both of those things to work in harmony. >_<

I *did* discover that those collectible items seemed to replace the blue vials on a map (with the RLArsenal-breaking load order). I don't think I've ever seen a single one of those items appear otherwise, either on the map or from enemy/container loot. Maybe they weren't added as loot drops, and only exist as map items? That might explain why I never collected one during all of my playthroughs... :O

As for testing, I would just start each test run as the game loaded (no menu, no "new game", just started going as soon as it loaded up the Entryway level). Not exactly the most scientific method, but it's fast! :D
Deon

Post by Deon »

Or I could make a small map with every item placed and different kind of spawners, and test it.

I now like the idea, but I can do it on weekend only.
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

For anyone interested (if they use the correct setup and still want to complete a collection mission for a good item/reward), the items are of the class "DRPGLoot". Just go into the console and type "dumpclasses DRPGLoot" and it'll show you what each of the items are. You can then use "summon name of item" to give you them in order to complete the mission. (ex. "summon DRPGLootExperimentalParts")
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

https://youtu.be/UhcK7TtmGvY

I started googling about the DOOM RPG mod and this came up. Apparently someone had your idea to combine RPG + Roguelike Arsenal. In this case using a version of DOOM in WadSmoosh and in the comments of the video there is a Github with the indication of how to load the WADS so that it works correctly
Deon

Post by Deon »

Yep, that's an older version of DoomRPG/RLA without some fixes (and obviously without my stronghold-style arena) :).
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

If I notice that, in addition to the fact that I also saw in one of your videos a configuration but with the Doom RPG SE version (not the rebalanced) and I have not yet rehearsed with that but I think maybe the rebalanced has a bug that does not make the monster weapon drops work correctly
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Noticed an odd behaviour in DoomRPG (and curious if anyone else ran into it): After unlocking the Lvl 1 Luck Augmentation, I am no longer able to unlock other Augs or upgrade the Luck aug any further. I have 10 of the blue Aug Cannisters (used to unlock a new aug, takes 1 for a brand new aug), 16 of the green Aug Upgrade Cannisters, and an extra Aug Slot Upgrade (need one for each new Aug you want to run simultaneously, so this would allow me to run 2 at once). In the Aug screen, pressing Shift (to upgrade) on the Lvl 1 Luck Aug has no effect (even though I have more than the required materials). It also has no effect on any of the other augs (no unlocking). Pressing E on any of the other augs just gives the "This Aug has not been activated yet" message. Am I missing something crucial about unlocking additional augmentations, or is this just bugged?
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

Well here is a report of my experiments: Apparently I can come to the conclusion that the Rebalanced version of DOOM RPG has some strange bug that does not make the mod work correctly because I tried with the SE version and everything works correctly. Except for Lexicon that even using the compatibility plugin does not appear in the portal unless you use the "map vr" cheat for the portal to register it. Both enemies drop both credits and weapons. I will try more things and also what spectrefps mentioned about the augments
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Much appreciated for the info OmegaZeroXIII! I had no idea other versions of the RPG mod would even work, let alone specific bugs/issues like those. I look forward to your findings on the Aug upgrade/unlock issue as well, since I hit a wall with that one. Even after gaining levels, leaving/changing maps, and buying MORE cannisters/upgrade cannisters/slot upgrades from the shop, it still will not allow me to unlock or upgrade any additional Augmentations.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”