[Zandronum MP][minimod] I can't believe it's Not Survival!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Laggy

[Zandronum MP][minimod] I can't believe it's Not Survival!

Post by Laggy »

Download: http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wa ... -beta7.pk3

THIS MOD IS POWERED BY THE GLORIOUS ConsoleCommand() FUNCTION!

As you might know, Survival is a game mode that adds challenge to the otherwise... non-challenging cooperative game mode. It comes with a price, however. All players must wait until the map is over, or all players die, to join.
This mod aims to be a mid point between both game modes. "Not Survival" will allow players to join freely for the first seconds of gameplay, then close all player slots, forcing any player that dies to spectate. Every time a certain amount of monster kills is achieved (50 by default) or some minutes have passed (disabled by default), one spectator will be allowed to join the game.

Since this mod manipulates sv_maxplayers to work, use notsurv_maxplayers to set a player limit.

Note: this mod supports multiple lives using the notsurv_lives CVAR. But since coop doesn't display lives, you can customize a key to show how many you have (or type "notsurv_printlives" on console).
Spoiler: CVARINFO
Spoiler: Screenshot
Spoiler: Credits
Laggy

Re: [Zandronum MP][minimod] I can't believe it's Not Surviva

Post by Laggy »

http://static.allfearthesentinel.net/wa ... -beta7.pk3
Small update. Now it should kick a player from the game properly when they're gibbed in Heretic, or gibbed as fighter in Hexen.
Speaking of Hexen, I suggest setting notsurv_resetmap to false when playing on it, as resetting maps might break hubs.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”