NeoCore : Dark Depths (v6.3 Hotfix UPDATE)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: NeoCore : Dark Depths (v5.5 RELEASED)

Postby Sangelothi » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Captain J wrote:Or alternatively, you just can remove the background graphics of the HUD, leaving the numbers and call it a fullscreen hud! But it's your choice, of course.

This too! Would be a lot easier so I can focus more on other stuff :D
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby A_gunFlash » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:00 pm

in the software, the weapon does not use flash?
A_gunFlash

Operating System: Windows XP/2003

Postby leon2012evil » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:31 am

The author of the mod is well done, but there are three suggestions. Replace the appearance of the three weapons. The first weapon is the second pistol: it is better to replace it with a model from earlier versions, with a magazine reload instead of one round, but keep it functional. The second weapon is the second shotgun: it is better to change it to the model of the second machine gun with the same reload. The third weapon is the second machine gun: replace the model with the one that was in the early versions and shoot three rounds.
leon2012evil

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Postby Sangelothi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:55 am

I appreciate the feedback! Work has been pretty slow, mostly some sprite work for some new items. I've considered going over some of the guns and giving them some New Year makeover (such as making the character hold his wrist with the Rooster and redoing the reload animation a bit)

I'll be sure to post something once I have something worth sharing, but sadly I don't. Admittedly I also procrastinate because I'm tempted to redo NeoCore, or drop it for a new project, because despite being certain that 99% of the people that should be credited, are credited, it's just a list on my "additional credits" and this just isn't pleasing. It makes crediting wishy washy if someone wishes to use anything from my project, and feels contradictory to what it means to give someone credit. :blergh:
It wouldn't be impossible to track down the sources, it just seems like a huge endeavor to not make any "actual" progress on the mod. When I could start clean...decision, decisions... :oops:
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby leon2012evil » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:37 am

I see. I hope all your problems will soon disappear, and you will have inspiration for new projects and for completing old ones. Sorry if I did not understand everything correctly in your message, because I do not know much English, and I use a translator. All the best to you and good luck.
leon2012evil

Postby -Ghost- » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:33 pm

Two handed grip for the Rooster sounds like a good idea. Honestly it'd be cool to see that on all the one handed weapons, like the pistol.
-Ghost-

Postby Mnemnon » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 am

Firstly, really great work with the mod, especially the gunplay is simply amazing! I have a suggestion though - add more big explosion based weapons. I found it surprising that there is no weapon specific for clearing big crowds of weaker enemies, which was covered in vanilla Doom and other mods with rocket launchers and many kinds of BFGs. Also the lack of any type of grenades is disappointing, even a basic frag (a'la Brutal Doom) would be great, but I think that something more fancy (sticky plasma grenade from Halo?) would be even more fitting, considering the esthetics of the mod.
Anyway, thanks once again for your work, hope that you'll consider my notes.
Mnemnon

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Sangelothi » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Thank you! Try the Altfire on the H/A Rifle (slot 6) as it does a high dmg, wide radius explosion. Not reliable on tougher enemies, but should remove mobs pretty easily :D
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby Mnemnon » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Yeah, I know about it, but I still think that the arsenal lacks at least one big explosions dedicated weapon (+ aforementioned grenades) :wink: Maybe something like missle launcher with 2 fire modes: prime mode would be more or less traditional rockets with wide radius and splash damage while the secondary fire would unleash some kind of EMP grenade with much smaller hit radius and dealing small damage but also stunning enemies for a while. That could be quite useful for crowd control, e.g. stunning tougher enemies with the secondary fire to have a few seconds to fire at the crowd of weaker ones freely. Maybe restrict the stun effect of the secondary so that enemies once hit by it would be unaffected for some time, for balance reasons. As far as the basic to mid weapons are great and do the job I found the high tier rather lackluster when it comes to arena fights with bosses and/or large crowds.
Mnemnon

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Sangelothi » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:58 pm

I keep meaning to add another slot 7 weapon, I just gotta get off my ass and do the editing :roll:

I'll also be adding an altfire to the Disc Launcher, gun needs a good makeover by this point :3:
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby leon2012evil » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:25 am

Hello again. I recently replayed doom with your mod, and saw that some people would really like to see grenade launchers and rocket launchers in the game. And here are some good models that you have already made in earlier versions.
Screenshot_20210128_111212.png

Screenshot_20210128_111251.png

You also showed a good model of a rifle, which would just serve as a replacement for the model of the second shotgun.
idle.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leon2012evil

Postby leon2012evil » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:03 am

And the model of the second gun with optics can be replaced with the one that was in the earlier versions, but at the same time leave the shooting mode and optics. And of course, reloading is not one round at a time, but immediately with a magazine.
Screenshot_20210128_111153.png

The model that is now used as a pistol with optics can be converted into a laser submachine gun with optics, and make a two-handed hold.
AngUONz.png

And of course, the rifle from the earlier version can be used as a sniper rifle with shooting three rounds from the main fire mode, and one round through the optics in the alternative mode.
Screenshot_20210128_111228.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
leon2012evil

Postby Sangelothi » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:12 am

I much appreciate your ideas and enthusiasm :D

I'll be beefing up the Disc Launcher as it is my "big boom" gun, and the Constructor is already a rapid fire rocket launcher, with an even more rapid altfire (assuming you have the ammo infuser)
Hopefully a makeover for the Disc Launcher and an additional BFG tier weapon will scratch that rocket launcher itch better :D
I don't have any plans to add any sort of thrown grenades however, there are currently 3 AOE weapons, and two with arching projectiles (the High Pile with its ammo infusers is pretty brutal if you need to shoot around cover) :mrgreen:
4 AOE weapon if you consider the Bright Cannon's stunning effect, but that isn't reliable in damage, more of a defensive weapon :wink:

I had the Omni Writer redone in blue for a bit, it looked nice, but too much like a toy, I had this same issue when recoloring the Rooster on a few bits lol
Almost thin line between making a "tacticool" colorful gun, and a Nerf gun :3:
Sangelothi
What is this???

Postby leon2012evil » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:31 pm

I see. I just really like your efforts and work, and I wanted to give you a couple of tips and opinions about improving and adding. I hope you are not bored with my activity.
leon2012evil

Postby Sangelothi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Very light preview :D

Acer now uses a foregrip, makes more sense for something you'll ads with :mrgreen: and the Rooster uses two hands

The Empress now has a passive ammo infuser that bypasses the need to pump the gun (with a dmg increase from 7 per hitscan to 8)
The H/A Rifle will be getting a passive ammo infuser as well :3:

Sangelothi
What is this???

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods