Oblige Realm 667 Mod - play with all monsters and weapons

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Oblige Realm 667 Mod - play with all monsters and weapon

Postby anthrax » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:46 am

I am extracting the whole file and the directories, not just the oblige .exe

I am running win 10. Is that relevant?
anthrax

Github ID: Panagiotis

Postby TheGrandGumby » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Anthrax: That message basically means the Oblige.exe can't see a scripts directory, and there could be a variety of reasons for that. Let me try asking you a bunch of questions that might help track it down. (My apologies, I am using mainly Windows 7 so it might be just a little bit different in Windows 10.)

What is the path you are running Oblige from?
Can you send me the path or a screenshot of your File Explorer folder?
Can you right click on the scripts folder, and select "properties" -> Security -> (select your user) -> and make sure you have "Full Control" checked?
What tool are you using to extract the zip file? WinRAR, WinZip, 7z, Windows built in? What process are you using to extract it? Be as descriptive about what you click and the default options, maybe take screenshots if possible.
TheGrandGumby

Discord: mridlen
Github ID: mridlen
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby MrNeigh69 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:26 pm

Can you add all the weapons in "hexen/heretic style" and "other sources/games" sections? That would be the complete realm667 experience lol
And I have another suggestion, it is possible to add monsters from other games? Like heretic, hexen, blood, etc. Samsara mixers would be usesful for that :D
Anyway, it's an impresive mod, very good job here!!
MrNeigh69

Postby nekostuffing » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:43 am

Wow nice work i just found out about this mod now, i love mods that change monsters and ad extra variety to the roster, i also love oblige/obaddon. And feel free to use any of my Astartes mod weapons, and thanks for crediting me, i really appreciate it.
nekostuffing

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby dragomir » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Can you play this with ZDL luncher.I load all pk3 files but dont see any changes. :? :?
dragomir

Postby WARCHILD_89 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:08 pm

OMG you are awesome! :shock:

Nice to see my stuff in there, too. :lol: where did you get them? Must have been an old resource. I have sorted almost all monsters I have into their categories up till now.

do you have a complete TIDs list? Or how did you number them?

MY stuff are the monsters beginning with TID 16xxx and up. We should work together on the completion. 8-)

You are still missing a bunch of monsters ^^
WARCHILD_89
DOOM NEMESIS / 3D MODELS / RESOURCE BACKUPS

Postby Shatter-Thought[V-4] » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:06 pm

Hello, I have tried to use Oblige to create maps, but I have a weird case of "Phantom files" wherein after the program created the wad and I saved it, while I was able to see the file in the quick access portion of file explorer in recent files, it showed 0 bytes and I could not access it.

The actual folder showed no file for that matter, and stranger still, when I made another wad to try and see what the problem might be, the save file window shows the created file in the folder.

I am using windows 10, a HP laptop.
Shatter-Thought[V-4]

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby kalensar » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Shatter-Thought[V-4] wrote:Hello, I have tried to use Oblige to create maps, but I have a weird case of "Phantom files" wherein after the program created the wad and I saved it, while I was able to see the file in the quick access portion of file explorer in recent files, it showed 0 bytes and I could not access it.

The actual folder showed no file for that matter, and stranger still, when I made another wad to try and see what the problem might be, the save file window shows the created file in the folder.

Update to the newest version of Oblige. It saves the wads to its main folder by default. I WINE Oblige on Linux and I have literally zero problems.
kalensar

Postby Shatter-Thought[V-4] » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:44 am

kalensar wrote:
Shatter-Thought[V-4] wrote:Hello, I have tried to use Oblige to create maps, but I have a weird case of "Phantom files" wherein after the program created the wad and I saved it, while I was able to see the file in the quick access portion of file explorer in recent files, it showed 0 bytes and I could not access it.

Update to the newest version of Oblige. It saves the wads to its main folder by default. I WINE Oblige on Linux and I have literally zero problems.

I had actually been using the latest, but to be sure I redownloaded the R pack instead of the monster wad from the first download link, end up with the same problem: the program asks me where to save, I save to the same folder, it builds the wad, and once it was finished I checked the folder with explorer to see if the file was there, but it is not, though quick access "sees" the file as does the save file prompt window.

Weirder still though was when I looked into the text files to see if there was something I could find that would give a hint of what was happening, and once I looked into options.txt, I found this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- OPTIONS FILE : OBLIGE 7.70
-- OBLIGE Level Maker (C) 2006-2017 Andrew Apted
-- http://oblige.sourceforge.net/

language = AUTO

font_size = 2
alternate_look = 0
wheel_can_bump = 1

create_backups = 1
overwrite_warning = 1
debug_messages = 1

last_directory = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70

---- Enabled Addons ----

addon = ObAddon-Ambient-Sounds-Pack-master.pk3
addon = ObAddon_Latest.pk3
addon = Urban_Alleyway_Unclogger.pk3

---- Recent Files ----

recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-9-0934_this_wad_has_insanity.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-9-1133_the_devil_lurks_below.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-10-0951_exterminator_in_the_realm.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-10-1148_caverns_of_the_saint.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-11-0922_fields_of_the_executioner.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-11-1450_sin_city_the_heroes.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-12-1519_vacation_in_the_affliction_paradise.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-14-1534_ossuary_of_voraciousness.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-15-1000_megannum_of_the_minotaurs.wad
recent_wad = C:\Users\mridlen\Dropbox\Apps\Oblige-7.70\2020-9-16-1909_doom_conviction_on_earth.wad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so if I am reading this right, the program was "sending" the files to a dropbox on some other person's computer, I guess?
Shatter-Thought[V-4]

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Ashat Maself » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:30 pm

can I request that you add the blood ghost and baphomet's heart weapon I made?
Ashat Maself

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods