Spaghetti Weapons [v1.5131632]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby DoggyDentures » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:17 pm

NotAPortalKit wrote:Huh. The old single-use items were removed (Cloak Potion, Invis 2 Go, and the Freeze pop).

Why'd you remove them tho, kind of weird.

The single use items were moved from the weapon selection menu to the inventory item selection menu (selectable and usable via the "next item", "previous item", "activate item" keys).
DoggyDentures

Postby dard98 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Man, this mod have so many original ideas. I wish there would be a universal pokemon and jrpg mods as a stand alone.
dard98

Discord: 7977
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:07 pm

How often does Royal Flush happen in a percentage? I been playing with the cards a bit since I been getting a lot of coins, and from enough alt-throwing (and one from a main throw) I been nuking up the near entire FreeDoom Chapter 2 pretty easily with it, leaving whatever little the explosions did not get.
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417

Postby DoggyDentures » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:How often does Royal Flush happen in a percentage? I been playing with the cards a bit since I been getting a lot of coins, and from enough alt-throwing (and one from a main throw) I been nuking up the near entire FreeDoom Chapter 2 pretty easily with it, leaving whatever little the explosions did not get.

It's supposed to be a 1% chance. If it feels like it comes out too often (which I've personally felt a few times, though I just chalked it up to favorable RNG), I can lessen the chance even further.
DoggyDentures

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:34 pm

Well I might think so, at least for how much you can easy bombard with cards. Though not to be far off-topic from this as I kind of something that relates to it, but their is a Roblox game (not a poopie game) that also has a 1% chance for a non-team killing tactical nuke from the dice but the cooldown between every throw makes it not as easy to even be lucky to get one.
Not to say I would want slower card throws, I think an even lower chance is better for it being how many times I like to use it.
Starman the Blaziken

Postby dard98 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:54 am

I found a best wad for this mod.

Spoiler:
dard98

Discord: 7977
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2553345]

Postby DoggyDentures » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Mini-update:
  • Deck of Cards' chances for getting a Royal Flush have been reduced
  • Picking up the Single-Use Hammer adds a rocket to the player's inventory if they already have the weapon.
  • Added a new Single-Use item: "Odd CD"
Edit:
Additional hotfix:
  • Slotgun now properly spits out a Bucket of Macaroni instead of a Soul Sphere
Last edited by DoggyDentures on Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoggyDentures

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:20 pm

For some reason, the slotgun in this current version drops a normal soul sphere instead of a bucket of spaghetti. Any other normal placement of the soul sphere is a bucket still though. :?
Starman the Blaziken

Postby DoggyDentures » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:For some reason, the slotgun in this current version drops a normal soul sphere instead of a bucket of spaghetti. Any other normal placement of the soul sphere is a bucket still though. :?

Oh, whoops. Just fixed that.
DoggyDentures

Postby subenji » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:17 am

Had a array index error while entering a deployed healing station. At a guess from following the zscript, this was because I had the Capsules as a weapon, but had deployed them all and so had no actual capsule balls.

https://horobox.co.uk/u/8HKZtu.png
subenji

Postby DoggyDentures » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:52 pm

subenji wrote:Had a array index error while entering a deployed healing station. At a guess from following the zscript, this was because I had the Capsules as a weapon, but had deployed them all and so had no actual capsule balls.

https://horobox.co.uk/u/8HKZtu.png

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'll look into it.
DoggyDentures

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.3857273]

Postby DoggyDentures » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:10 pm

New update:
  • Added a new weapon, the "Spaghetti Tome". This weapon lets you craft some new special items.
  • The Ban Hammer has been moved to slot 8 and the Monster Capsule has been moved to slot 9 to make room for the Spaghetti Tome.
  • The Kunai With Chain, RPG, and Scoped Knife no longer appear when using the Slotgun. Instead, they are obtained using the Spaghetti Tome now. This also applies to the Deck of Cards if playing on Doom 1.
  • The "Odd CD" has been changed. It's now solely a crafting ingredient used by the Spaghetti Tome. Its original function has been moved to one of the new items below.
  • Added new single-use items: "Strange Crate", "Strange Monitor", and "Strange Pellet".
  • The Monster Capsule has been updated. You can now craft capsule upgrades using the Spaghetti Tome. Capsule upgrades will boost monster stats and remain attached to the monster when you re-encapsulate it. There are currently six upgrades: Fast, Auto Capsule, HP Regen, Teleport, Defense, and Missile.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Monster Capsule and Medical Station.
  • Fixed the Monster Capsule and especially the RPG UI looking really broken on higher resolutions (how did I not notice this until now?!)
Edit:
Additional hotfix update:
  • Spooky Spaghetti no longer lets you walk through enemies since it disables telefragging. Instead, the spookiness now frightens monsters and causes them to run away if they've noticed your presence.
Last edited by DoggyDentures on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoggyDentures

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:47 pm

I dunno if I ever mentioned it as a suggestion... But I was thinking if you could of made Billy cost a rocket (or however much fits in a little happy bomb) along with the meat? That being using the single-use explodihammer early on is the only thing we get in the more early parts of maps and I do not use it too much for the much self oof factor of it. But I dunno if this update does something for the other explody stuff now.
Also I was playing this mod as this got updated, coincidence. :P
Starman the Blaziken

Postby DoggyDentures » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:55 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I dunno if I ever mentioned it as a suggestion... But I was thinking if you could of made Billy cost a rocket (or however much fits in a little happy bomb) along with the meat? That being using the single-use explodihammer early on is the only thing we get in the more early parts of maps and I do not use it too much for the much self oof factor of it. But I dunno if this update does something for the other explody stuff now.
Also I was playing this mod as this got updated, coincidence. :P

The newly-added Spaghetti Tome can use up rockets depending on how you operate it.
DoggyDentures

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Also wondering if it is intended at least being that with spoop spaghet making you go through monsters, you cannot telefrag with it. Which means waiting for the power to be done before telefragging something that mayyy be map design or not.
Starman the Blaziken

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods