Spaghetti Weapons [v1.5131632]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0000000]

Postby DoggyDentures » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:41 pm

Spaceman333 wrote:I'm playing the "cleaned" version of Valiant, I think I got through 2 maps normal, but then on the third I was stuck a midget ever since:

I tried all 4 things you suggested and only Morphme changed my player height to normal... but brought it back to smol guy after I put it in again.

It could also have been glitched by one of the addon's I'm running - perhaps the jp-mobility-v5r.pk3 - which gives me a crouch slide that briefly shrinks my view down while it is in action. Then again I've had that addon for a long time and this is the only instance this has happended.

Spoiler: my autoload


Running on GZDoom 4.4.2 - 64bit


I managed to replicate the bug. You were right about it being related to the mobility mod's crouch slide.
Player transforms -> Use crouch slide while transformed -> player untransforms -> finish level without using the slide again

The problem is that the mobility mod's slide logic doesn't account for player morphs, which is what the plushie transformation (and Billy-Bomb) uses. Right before the player slides, the mod records the player's viewheight. When the slide begins, the player's viewheight is lowered. Once the slide ends, the mod restores their viewheight to the aforementioned recorded value, effectively setting it back to its normal value.

However, the problem is that the player's viewheight is forcefully set to this recorded value at the beginning of a new level as well. In other words, when starting a new level, the player's viewheight is set to the viewheight they had right before their last slide. If the player's last slide occurred while transformed into a smaller form (such as with the plushie), then their viewheight is set to that smaller value as well, even though they're not transformed anymore. This creates the midget effect you're experiencing.

Here's a way to fix your height.
Download the pk3 below, load it with your GZDoom setup, and open the bugged save. Enter "morphme FixMyHeight" into the console. You should be back to the normal height, but you can't fire any weapons. Do a slide, but open the console mid-slide to pause the game (really make sure that you opened the console while still sliding and with your view lowered). Enter "morphme" into the console. You should be back to your regular height with your weapons usable again. You should be good then. Just make sure that next time, your last slide before finishing a level wasn't done while transformed into a plushie or while controlling Billy-Bomb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0186738]

Postby DoggyDentures » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 pm

I know said 1.0 would be the last for a while, but I decided to do a mini-update in response to some feedback.
  • Carrying capacity for meatballs has been increased to 350 without a backpack and 700 with.
  • The Frying Pan swings a bit faster now.
  • The Single-Use Hammer swings faster, deals more damage, and has a greater radius. This should hopefully give it some use.
  • The Single-Use Hammer has new sound effects.
  • The Spaghetti Gun's projectiles now make a distinct sound when hitting an enemy.
  • The Slotgun's ??? effect now lets you pick up items/keys while under its effect.
  • The Deck of Cards has much less delay between pressing Primary Fire and launching its projectiles.
  • Cheese Balls Alt-Fire has been changed. Instead of firing projectiles aimlessly, projectiles will home in on targets. However, it now uses 50 meatballs.
  • Cheese Balls' projectiles have a distinct sound when hitting enemies, and a distinct sound when hitting floors/walls/ceilings.
  • The Scoped Knife now makes a sound when hitting floors/walls/ceilings.
  • Tossing animations for all tossable weapons/items (Billy-Bomb, Cheese Balls Alt-Fire, Astolfo Bean Plushie, Medical Station) have been quickened.
  • Single-Use items have a faster switching speed and have less delay between pressing Primary Fire and using their effect.
  • The Ban Hammer swings a bit faster and has new sound effects.
  • Enemies killed by the Spaghetti Gun and Open Can of Chef Boyardee can no longer be resurrected into invisible monsters.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0000000]

Postby Spaceman333 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:59 am

DoggyDentures wrote:

I managed to replicate the bug. You were right about it being related to the mobility mod's crouch slide.
Player transforms -> Use crouch slide while transformed -> player untransforms -> finish level without using the slide again

The problem is that the mobility mod's slide logic doesn't account for player morphs, which is what the plushie transformation (and Billy-Bomb) uses. Right before the player slides, the mod records the player's viewheight. When the slide begins, the player's viewheight is lowered. Once the slide ends, the mod restores their viewheight to the aforementioned recorded value, effectively setting it back to its normal value.

However, the problem is that the player's viewheight is forcefully set to this recorded value at the beginning of a new level as well. In other words, when starting a new level, the player's viewheight is set to the viewheight they had right before their last slide. If the player's last slide occurred while transformed into a smaller form (such as with the plushie), then their viewheight is set to that smaller value as well, even though they're not transformed anymore. This creates the midget effect you're experiencing.

Here's a way to fix your height.
Download the pk3 below, load it with your GZDoom setup, and open the bugged save. Enter "morphme FixMyHeight" into the console. You should be back to the normal height, but you can't fire any weapons. Do a slide, but open the console mid-slide to pause the game (really make sure that you opened the console while still sliding and with your view lowered). Enter "morphme" into the console. You should be back to your regular height with your weapons usable again. You should be good then. Just make sure that next time, your last slide before finishing a level wasn't done while transformed into a plushie or while controlling Billy-Bomb.


Image

Thank you! I'm back to my regular tall self! :D

I'm as happy as that bomb's face in the picture that I get to continue the playthrough - though I will keep my finger off the slide button.
You went above and beyond to fix the issue. Thanks!
User avatar
Spaceman333
 
Joined: 13 Oct 2016

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0186738]

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:00 pm

I am sure you know about it (As I kind of expected it to happen myself), but when you do befriend a monster and when they end up dead, they do not count towards the kill counter.
Guncaster does have a similar problem too with one of the upgraded items the Void Touch, though I am not sure if you could find a workaround as well.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0186738]

Postby DoggyDentures » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:52 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I am sure you know about it (As I kind of expected it to happen myself), but when you do befriend a monster and when they end up dead, they do not count towards the kill counter.
Guncaster does have a similar problem too with one of the upgraded items the Void Touch, though I am not sure if you could find a workaround as well.

GZDoom explicitly leaves out friendly monsters from the monster kill count, so I don't think there's much I can do about that.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0186738]

Postby NotAPortalKit » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:32 am

Hi!

Great mod!
One thing that triggers my OCD tho.

The weapon raise and lower animations are choppy.

Kinda lame that they just disappear.
I actually made this for my own mod polus, using ur assets for now no biggie to simulate raising and lowering weapons and not just making them disappear in thin air:
Code: Select allExpand view
Deselect:
         HAXB ABCDEF 2;
         Goto DeselectLoop;
         
      DeselectLoop:
         HAXB F 1 A_Lower(60);
         Loop;
      
      Ready:
         HAXB FDCBA 2 A_WeaponReady();
         Goto ReadyLoop;
         
      ReadyLoop:
         HAXB A 1 A_WeaponReady();
         Loop;
User avatar
NotAPortalKit
touhou is fun
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2020
Location: Somewhere
Discord: qwertsgpt#1924

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby DoggyDentures » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:08 pm

New update:
  • A bunch of new pickups to replace Doom's default ones.
  • Weapon switching animations for some weapons have been adjusted so that they no longer pop in and out of existence visually.
  • New weapon: "Monster Capsule".
  • Single use items have been moved to the inventory bar instead of taking up a weapon slot.
  • New single use item: "Pack-o-Minis".
  • New custom pickup: "Double Sauce".
  • New mechanic: "Spaghetti Blaster".
  • Some new CVARs and menu options to modify the Spaghetti Blaster and the Deck of Cards.
  • Slotgun's ice ability has been reworked. Instead of firing projectiles, it now freezes all enemies within a radius of the player.
  • The Kunai With Chain's chain should move a bit smoother now.
  • The Spaghetti Gun now has a chance to spawn the new "Double Sauce" pickup.
  • The RPG has received an update. Monsters now have mana and can use it to cast spells against you. The player also has a new spell to cast. Some small visual and damage formula changes have been implemented too.
  • Befriending monsters using the RPG now turns them into capsules.
  • Befriended monsters are no longer considered in the kill counter, meaning that it is now possible get 100% kills while befriending monsters.
  • Player can no longer injure befriended enemies to prevent accidental friendly fire.
  • Deck of Cards' projectiles deal slightly more damage, but deal less damage the further they travel.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Ah so you managed to get them to be on the kill counter. I was going to make a suggestion for the engine to see if they can do a sort of tweak on that so it can make it easier to have mods (Like Guncaster and would of been this) that do the conversion mechanic. But I been lazy to type it yet. :stuppor:
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby DoggyDentures » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Ah so you managed to get them to be on the kill counter. I was going to make a suggestion for the engine to see if they can do a sort of tweak on that so it can make it easier to have mods (Like Guncaster and would of been this) that do the conversion mechanic. But I been lazy to type it yet. :stuppor:

Yeah, it turns out that the problem was with the way I was turning monsters friendly.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby NotAPortalKit » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Huh. The old single-use items were removed (Cloak Potion, Invis 2 Go, and the Freeze pop).

Why'd you remove them tho, kind of weird.
User avatar
NotAPortalKit
touhou is fun
 
Joined: 01 Aug 2020
Location: Somewhere
Discord: qwertsgpt#1924

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Also I found a funky bug just as I was playing with it, so if I have full HP or overheal then pick up the spaghetti boxes, (Big or small to the equiv.) you eat the box up and then leave behind a boring medical supply right where the box was sitting at.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby DoggyDentures » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Also I found a funky bug just as I was playing with it, so if I have full HP or overheal then pick up the spaghetti boxes, (Big or small to the equiv.) you eat the box up and then leave behind a boring medical supply right where the box was sitting at.

That's not a bug. The macaroni boxes are consumed to fill up the player's Spaghetti Meter, even if their HP is full. When that happens, they leave behind a regular medical supply so that the player doesn't waste all of the healing items on the map when they don't actually need health.
Though, I suppose I could have them leave behind a healing item with a custom sprite to make it less boring. Or I could get rid of the confusion entirely by having the macaroni boxes not add to the Spaghetti Meter at all and only be consumed when below max health.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:11 am

I would say something to replace it, maybe an enclosed bag (Or a pile from the multi-pack) of leftover liquid cheese that you did not want with your macaroni just yet. :P
Or maybe pre-packaged cheese slices instead. Myeh, something people like using with their mac. :P
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby DoggyDentures » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:54 am

Starman the Blaziken wrote:I would say something to replace it, maybe an enclosed bag (Or a pile from the multi-pack) of leftover liquid cheese that you did not want with your macaroni just yet. :P
Or maybe pre-packaged cheese slices instead. Myeh, something people like using with their mac. :P

Done, macaroni boxes now leave behind cheese when using them at full health.
User avatar
DoggyDentures
 
Joined: 23 Jul 2020

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.2127392]

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 am

NotAPortalKit wrote:Huh. The old single-use items were removed (Cloak Potion, Invis 2 Go, and the Freeze pop).

Why'd you remove them tho, kind of weird.


You sure you might just not be lucky finding them though? Because they still are in the mod when I use 'give all'.
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests