Spaghetti Weapons [v1.5131632]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoggyDentures

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v0.67482399]

Post by DoggyDentures »

Linz wrote:So about my question on mapsets
If you're asking me specifically, then I don't really have an answer. I'm actually fairly new to the whole Doom scene, so I've only played on stock Doom maps.
DoggyDentures

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v0.81938442]

Post by DoggyDentures »

New update:
  • Added a new weapon: "Cheese Balls". Cheese Balls will replace the Chaingun instead of the Kunai With Chain from now on. The reason for this is that the Kunai With Chain didn't really fill the crowd control weapon niche.
  • The Kunai With Chain instead has a chance to appear when using the Slotgun.
  • The Kunai With Chain now actually has something that resembles a chain instead of a gray rope.
  • The Slotgun has a new outcome which can spit out the Kunai With Chain, but that's not its only purpose.
  • The Slotgun's 777 effect now blinks when running out, like a normal powerup would.
  • To more closely resemble the critical hit chance system in TF2, the Frying Pan's chances of a critical hit only increase when killing a monster with it now, instead of merely hitting them. To compensate, the Frying Pan's critical hit chance increases at a faster rate, taking around nine kills to reach the cap.
  • The Frying Pan will always crit and swings at a faster speed when under the effects of the Berserk powerup.
DoggyDentures

Re: Spaghetti Weapons [v1.0000000]

Post by DoggyDentures »

New update:
  • Slots 8 and 9 are now used. The default HUD has been modified a bit to reflect this.
  • Added a new weapon: "Deck of Cards." Similar to last time with the Kunai, this weapon will replace the Super Shotgun instead of the RPG from now on since the RPG didn't really fulfill the same role.
  • The RPG instead has a chance to appear when using the Slotgun, similar to the Kunai.
  • The RPG has a bunch of new drops now, many of which are exclusive to it.
  • The Kunai With Chain and RPG now use slot 8.
  • Another new weapon: "Scoped Knife," obtainable through the Slotgun.
  • The Slotgun has a new outcome that launches projectiles which freeze enemies.
  • The Kunai With Chain has a new mode that works like a grappling hook, launching you towards wherever you fire it. Press "Reload" to switch between modes.
  • New disposable items selectable from slot 9: "Medical Station", "Invuln-2-Go", "Freeze-Pop", "Ban Hammer", and "Cloak Potion". Many of these can only be obtained when using the RPG.
  • New pickup: "Super Soul Sphere".
This is probably the last update for a while, hence the 1.0 status.
dard98
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by dard98 »

RPG is one of my favorite weapon from the mod. I wish someone would make legit JRPG Doom mod. I like the fact that it's compatible with monsters mods so it's possible to have a turn based battle with them.
NotAPortalKit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NotAPortalKit »

I mean, its one of those mods that is, just beautiful.
Played this with abort_m and it was great!

My, we need more mods like this!
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Carrotear »

The rpg weapon is beautiful.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

A little feedback, could you make the weapons a little more responsive and hella more weighted?
DoggyDentures

Post by DoggyDentures »

EddieMann wrote:A little feedback, could you make the weapons a little more responsive and hella more weighted?
Could you elaborate on that? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Wow this version has a lot more zeroes now. I still need to play around with this mod though.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Thanks for this mod to advise me that Gzdoom have more updates.

For Spaghetti weapons in general, it feels just great, like a loved son of Abort and Extreme weapons Pack, giving a balanced set and funny Goofyness. :wub:

I played a little bit, but I could give some sugestions:
- The shooting speed of the Slotgun its fine, but the deck of cards could use an extra speed on his charging animation because you're kinda vulnerable while using it.
- Because meatballs are used as ammo for 3 different weapons (and two of them spend a considerable quantity of meatballs), you could consider to give an extra ammo capacity for meatballs.

But in general the mod is and incredible work, specially the slotgun and the Deck random mechanics, and the RPG. Also, I think that the mod really can benefit for a more customized set of pickup replacements that works with the general ideas of the weapons. 8-)
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Wow, I really think this mod is neat for what it is on the current version! :)
I would always like to see more in the future for this mod in terms of content and stuff.
But I do really like the RPG weapon as far as it takes a bit of damage if not quite a bit to dish out a lot or even make them your ally, would like to see some more cool stuff for abilities in the RPG weapon although I am a person who does like items or weapons that can turn your enemies into allies by any means possible ('tis a possible suggestion for more than maybe just one thing from me who likes the mechanic a lot, yay friendly army of the undead! :P).
The only thing I got to say that while the comment above makes me have a couple of the same reasons too, I did think the cheese puffs are pretty odd to use being that spams projectiles the way it does and then lob it only for it to accidentally be a bit too high to hurt anything, oof. Otherwise, I like this mod a lot already for what it has so far though. :3
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

DoggyDentures wrote:
EddieMann wrote:A little feedback, could you make the weapons a little more responsive and hella more weighted?
Could you elaborate on that? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Weapons having more impact or "oomph" and a little more animated/quicker acting, I believe.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Loving the mod, but my player has permanently shrunk to a tiny dude after starting a new map.

In the previous map, I had been in Astolfo Plushie mode - which I guess sets the player height - then when it ran out, I was normal again. I then completed the level shortly after and upon spawn in the next map my eyesight was on floor-level like I had still been in plushie mode, except now I'm doomguy again.

Is there a console command to fix the player height mid-playthrough? I'm permanently stuck as a tiny doomguy now.
DoggyDentures

Post by DoggyDentures »

Spaceman333 wrote:Loving the mod, but my player has permanently shrunk to a tiny dude after starting a new map.

In the previous map, I had been in Astolfo Plushie mode - which I guess sets the player height - then when it ran out, I was normal again. I then completed the level shortly after and upon spawn in the next map my eyesight was on floor-level like I had still been in plushie mode, except now I'm doomguy again.

Is there a console command to fix the player height mid-playthrough? I'm permanently stuck as a tiny doomguy now.
That's odd. Could you tell me what map you were playing on when you entered the plushie mode? In the meantime, you could try these things, though I can't guarantee that any of them will fix your problem.
  • Use Billy-Bomb's Primary Fire
  • Die in-game and see if your height resets when you respawn
  • Enter "give ArtiTomeOfPowerAuto" into the console
  • Enter "morphme" into the console and then enter "morphme" a second time (this will remove your armor and reset health).
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I'm playing the "cleaned" version of Valiant, I think I got through 2 maps normal, but then on the third I was stuck a midget ever since:

I tried all 4 things you suggested and only Morphme changed my player height to normal... but brought it back to smol guy after I put it in again.

It could also have been glitched by one of the addon's I'm running - perhaps the jp-mobility-v5r.pk3 - which gives me a crouch slide that briefly shrinks my view down while it is in action. Then again I've had that addon for a long time and this is the only instance this has happended.
Spoiler: my autoload
Running on GZDoom 4.4.2 - 64bit

Return to “Gameplay Mods”