[Release 1.7i] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jarewill

Re: [Release 1.7g] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Post by Jarewill »

Hello there.
Decided to push a small update with a few changes and fixes.
Spoiler: v.1.7g
Nothing major, just figured out a way to make the scopes follow the weapon bob and made degnin ore more useful.
Vordenko
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Release 1.7g] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Post by Vordenko »

Been running this mod in co-op with a friend of mine. It's pretty nice, though we noticed some rather critical bugs:

- Respawning with more than one of the same weapon crashes with a VM abort: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png

- All the console messages lack the local flag, meaning if any player manages their magazines / weapons / health etc, everyone will see it as well.

- The "crossbow start" and "rifle start" class get an armor refill on respawn, but the "dagger start" doesn't. Not sure which behaviour is intended, but it definitely shouldn't depend on player class, imo either make it universal or remove it entirely, or make a cvar for it possibly.

- Not sure if a bug, but: The respawn armor refill deletes the currently worn armor, even if it's better than leather.

Beyond that, the mod is pretty playable, though I felt like reporting these issues in hope it ever gets updated again.
Jarewill

Re: [Release 1.7h] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Post by Jarewill »

Hey, thanks for checking out my mod and for the feedback as well!
Coop is one of those things that I have trouble debugging properly, so I appreciate it!
Spoiler:
It has been a while since I did anything related to this mod.
It was my first experience with ZScript and is very rough in a lot of places, it deserves a complete rewrite someday.
Sadly my time as of recent has been rather limited, so that won't happen anytime soon.
For now I have released a patch that fixes the mentioned issues.
Vordenko

Re: [Release 1.7h] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Post by Vordenko »

Not a problem! Life comes first and all. Played it some more and got a few more to report:

-VM abort. Unfortunately lost the screenshot, but it was "player.zs line 476 tried to read from null". No idea what caused it.

-Backpacks generate absolutely ungodly amounts of rifle mags and energy pods, like 80 each. Possible bug?

-Respawning makes you lose the effect of player augmentations, but if you go back to the rebel medic he will think you still have them, meaning you can't even buy them back.

-Shopkeeper messages are still global. ("Here you go. Here you go. Here you go. You don't have enough!")
Jarewill

Re: [Release 1.7i] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Post by Jarewill »

Hey, thanks for the reports again!
Spoiler:
Pushed the patch.
Vordenko

Post by Vordenko »

Finished the run with my friend. Got some final bugs to report!

- Targeter highlights are visible to all players, even those not using the targeter
- On respawn, your speed upgrades turn into strength upgrades
- If you have multiple assault rifles in your inventory, switching to another rifle will reset your old rifle to semi-auto mode.
- Sometimes, the medic heal does not work. Typing "Take LFPlayerFullHeal 5" in the console fixes that.
- If you die in a templar suit, you will respawn as a normal player, but wielding the suit "weapon", which you can "eject" from, spawning a new suit back in.
- If there are multiple templar suits, buying a templar suit upgrade applies it to all suits in range. (Admittedly, we had to cheat to create a second power suit; aside from the two issues mentioned above, the suit works well in multiplayer.)

- Bug?: Magazine upgraded crossbow that still has bolts left in it cannot be reloaded with the reload key - it has to be unloaded first and then reloading. This is contrasting with the rifle and the energy weapons, in which you can drop and replace the mag with one keyhold.
- Bug?: Crusaders cannot vertically aim their missiles; at range they can be defeated by simply crouching.
- Bug?: Applying durability upgrade to the assault rifle will halve it's current condition.
- Bug? Rebels do not trigger alarms, making the rebel beacon the ultimate stealth weapon.

- Suggestion: I think maybe decreasing fall damage with the Health / Speed upgrades, so that it is mitigated further to the point of it not being a concern anymore would make buying the upgrades more encouraging for the sake of extra mobility. As it stands, fall damage is perhaps the only thing I feel the mod could probably work on, since it appears everything else was reworked.

-- Another thing I noted... you can still die to fall damage with the Templar Suit equipped. Combined with its inability to jump, it limits it's mobility further, which doesn't help in that you can only obtain it near the end of the game, making it more underwhelming in the short run you obtain it.
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

Thanks for more feedback!
Hope you enjoyed playing through the mod.
Spoiler: Response
Though I'm currently focused on another project, so I will probably not work on LF anytime soon.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”