[Release 1.7f] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release 1.7b] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby LordKane1701 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:48 am

Loving the update so far, but two things...1 how and where do I find the underbarrel upgrade for the assault gun and is there a spawn command for the rebel merchant addon? I wanna test somethings.

also if you hold reload too long in some cases the mod crashes just thought I would point that out.
LordKane1701

Postby Jarewill » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:42 am

LordKane1701 wrote:how and where do I find the underbarrel upgrade for the assault gun

About that.... There were issues with those upgrades and were removed from the shops in 1.7. (But of course I forgot to add them to the changelog, because my memory really is bad)
They are still in the code and you can get them with console commands, but they won't work well and will most likely crash.
(give LFRifleUnderUpgrade1 and give LFRifleUnderUpgrade2 are the commands if you really want to use them)
The magazine overhaul was mostly an excuse to finally remove them from the mod.

LordKane1701 wrote:is there a spawn command for the rebel merchant addon? I wanna test somethings.

summon LFRebelMerchant should do the trick.

LordKane1701 wrote:also if you hold reload too long in some cases the mod crashes just thought I would point that out.

That is worrying. In what situations does it happen and with what weapons?
What exactly can I do to replicate the issue?
Jarewill

Postby LordKane1701 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:57 am

Jarewill wrote:
LordKane1701 wrote:how and where do I find the underbarrel upgrade for the assault gun

About that.... There were issues with those upgrades and were removed from the shops in 1.7. (But of course I forgot to add them to the changelog, because my memory really is bad)
They are still in the code and you can get them with console commands, but they won't work well and will most likely crash.
(give LFRifleUnderUpgrade1 and give LFRifleUnderUpgrade2 are the commands if you really want to use them)
The magazine overhaul was mostly an excuse to finally remove them from the mod.

LordKane1701 wrote:is there a spawn command for the rebel merchant addon? I wanna test somethings.

summon LFRebelMerchant should do the trick

LordKane1701 wrote:also if you hold reload too long in some cases the mod crashes just thought I would point that out.

That is worrying. In what situations does it happen and with what weapons?
What exactly can I do to replicate the issue?

1. If it caused that much issue I will forget about the underbarrel upgrades, UPDATE YOUR README LOL

2. Sweet thanks.

3. It happens on the flamethrower, assault gun and sometimes the mauler I have noticed.
says something about being out of bounds? usually when jamming the key for reload.
I am using a 4.6.0 test atm, it did happen on LZDoom 3.87c as well.

It could be because I am using SVE.wad with it as well as I own the VE of the game.
Do you have discord or some other form of contact I would like to bang some other ideas as well.
LordKane1701

Postby Jarewill » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:07 pm

LordKane1701 wrote:1. If it caused that much issue I will forget about the underbarrel upgrades, UPDATE YOUR README LOL

That has been updated, I knew I was forgetting about important things.

LordKane1701 wrote:3. It happens on the flamethrower, assault gun and sometimes the mauler I have noticed.
says something about being out of bounds? usually when jamming the key for reload.
I am using a 4.6.0 test atm, it did happen on LZDoom 3.87c as well.

Expected those three to be the cause, as they were the target of the overhaul.
Still can't really replicate the issue. I'll try updating to the newest devbuild and try again.

LordKane1701 wrote:Do you have discord or some other form of contact I would like to bang some other ideas as well.

Yes, I do have discord. I go by Jarewill#3785.
But this thread can also be used for suggestions!
Jarewill

Postby LordKane1701 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:11 pm

Alright I will add a couple to the thread also incoming friend request soonish.

Suggestion 1:
Get rid of the shaking when you use the medstapler for healing its distracting

Suggestion 2: Clarify the green bar and what its colors mean.

Suggestion 3: scope mod for crossbow.
LordKane1701

Re: [Release 1.7c] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:39 pm

While I didn't remove shaking, as that is a major part of the mod, all other suggestions have been implemented.
Manual now states what the green bar does, (and even a random peasant can tell you about it) and the crossbow got a scope.

So, update time! Pretty small, but I wanted to fix the crashing reloads.
Spoiler: v.1.7c

I wish I could finally remove the ACS shop menus, as they are the reason most saves break between updates. (Also are the reason for gross hack weapon upgrades)
Sadly I still can't wrap my head around ZScript menus and most of my attempts at porting them made them unusable in any capacity. :(
Jarewill

Re: [Release 1.7c] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby LordKane1701 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Jarewill wrote:While I didn't remove shaking, as that is a major part of the mod, all other suggestions have been implemented.
Manual now states what the green bar does, (and even a random peasant can tell you about it) and the crossbow got a scope.

So, update time! Pretty small, but I wanted to fix the crashing reloads.
Spoiler: v.1.7c

I wish I could finally remove the ACS shop menus, as they are the reason most saves break between updates. (Also are the reason for gross hack weapon upgrades)
Sadly I still can't wrap my head around ZScript menus and most of my attempts at porting them made them unusable in any capacity. :(

Looking good so far, if I run into any issues I will either post here or poke ya on disco.

Edit April 2nd: Using the Shield blocks conversation.
LordKane1701

Re: [Release 1.7d] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:39 am

LordKane1701 wrote:Edit April 2nd: Using the Shield blocks conversation.

Thank you for the report, sadly this is a very weird issue that I'm not sure how to fix.
It doesn't seem to affect any of the custom NPCs like the merchants, it only affects the base Strife NPCs.
Changing offsets of the shield seems to work, but it only works 50% of the time.
So instead of that, I made the shield holsterable, so it wouldn't have to be dropped every time.

Spoiler: v.1.7d

I really don't like updating so often, but I guess it's good to do this to prevent duplicate reports and such.
Jarewill

Re: [Release 1.7e] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:25 pm

Yet another update....

I've gotten a report that the HUD obscures the map name on the automap, which I haven't realised before.
It can be fixed with a CVar (lf_amadjust) and the reason it is a CVar-toggled thing is because there had to be a few sacrifices to fix this. Namely the display of health status.
While that might not be that useful on the automap, I found that it also disappears on the overlay automap, which is problematic.
I haven't found a way to detect whenever the full automap or the overlay automap was on currently, so I just made it a CVar.

Extremely small changelog for 1.7e, but there were a few issues that had to be fixed.
Spoiler: v.1.7e
Jarewill

Postby LordKane1701 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Jarewill wrote:Yet another update....

I've gotten a report that the HUD obscures the map name on the automap, which I haven't realised before.
It can be fixed with a CVar (lf_amadjust) and the reason it is a CVar-toggled thing is because there had to be a few sacrifices to fix this. Namely the display of health status.
While that might not be that useful on the automap, I found that it also disappears on the overlay automap, which is problematic.
I haven't found a way to detect whenever the full automap or the overlay automap was on currently, so I just made it a CVar.

Extremely small changelog for 1.7e, but there were a few issues that had to be fixed.
Spoiler: v.1.7e

Readme adjustment: Mention that checking mags, battery levels and filter levels is via [Item Query] + [Use]
LordKane1701

Postby Jarewill » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:37 am

LordKane1701 wrote:Readme adjustment: Mention that checking mags, battery levels and filter levels is via [Item Query] + [Use]

I cannot get that to replicate.
Checking battery and filter levels of the targeter and enviro suit is by pressing [Use Item] while holding [Use]. (Interact)
Meanwhile checking magazine levels and armor durability is by simply pressing [Use Item]. ([Use]+[Use Item] will instead cycle through available instances)
I know it's pretty messy, but that's the best I could do.

Are you sure you are pressing query item? There's no mention of it in the code, and I don't think it's possible to even check for it.
Jarewill

Postby LordKane1701 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:40 am

Jarewill wrote:
LordKane1701 wrote:Readme adjustment: Mention that checking mags, battery levels and filter levels is via [Item Query] + [Use]

I cannot get that to replicate.
Checking battery and filter levels of the targeter and enviro suit is by pressing [Use Item] while holding [Use]. (Interact)
Meanwhile checking magazine levels and armor durability is by simply pressing [Use Item]. ([Use]+[Use Item] will instead cycle through available instances)
I know it's pretty messy, but that's the best I could do.

Are you sure you are pressing query item? There's no mention of it in the code, and I don't think it's possible to even check for it.

Nope, I was wrong I just forgot I had query bound to a different key (H) as I have Q for use item and E for interact my brain was just doing a Q = query thing...I dont know why, disregard report.
LordKane1701

Re: [Release 1.7f] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:16 pm

So many updates, I guess v.1.7f was just horribly broken.
For the changelog:
Spoiler: v.1.7f
Jarewill

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods