[Release 1.6b] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release 1.4] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby ahkan42 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:56 am

really cool mod!
ahkan42

Re: [Release 1.5] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:45 am

It has been a while.
After getting some suggestions, I came back to work on this mod again and here's version 1.5!

Changelog for v.1.5:
- Repair kits! Can be purchased from the weapon smith in town. 150 gold for 5 uses and each use repairing 10% of any valid weapon.
- Alternate loadouts! You can now start with either a crossbow or a rifle in rough condition. Basic supplies are also included!
- Options! Took that long to include them. Encumbrance can now be customized or turned off completely. Also an option to remove alternating punches and charge attacks from the dagger.
- New punching sprites by EndHack!
Jarewill

Postby Hornetzero » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 am

This is a nice mod. Its similar to Hideous Destruction, but more simplified. I have only tried the Doom variant right now, but will try the Strife one as well sometime soon.
Hornetzero

Postby Wivicer » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:05 am

Christ this is hard
I like it
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Release 1.5a] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:51 am

Pushed a small update, nothing major just a small tweak to the player's shield to make it more useful against Acolytes.
Also replaced the grenade launcher sprite with the one from Strife's beta, because I think it looks better.
Jarewill

Postby Ac!d » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:07 pm

I have some issues with the "shop" interface :
Sometimes, when I want to buy or sell an item, my game looks very slow when I move the cursor and when I want to accept/cancel an action.

It's terrible because I really like this mod and it's, in my opinion, a good experience after finishing the game in Vanilla.
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Postby Jarewill » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:30 pm

What exactly do you mean by the game looking very slow?
With which shops does it happen?

I never experienced any lags when using the shop menus and I don't recall getting reports about it either.
Can you describe the problem more?
Jarewill

Postby NantoCodd » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:35 am

Jarewill wrote:What exactly do you mean by the game looking very slow?
With which shops does it happen?

I never experienced any lags when using the shop menus and I don't recall getting reports about it either.
Can you describe the problem more?

Okay I think I got the very same problem as Ac!d but not every time I use trading. I got it when I met the secret merchant in the prison, interact with him and went AFK for a while because I am checking my phone. When I got back, the entire game became really laggy and it's resolved once I force the trading screen to close by clicking my mouse repeatedly. Maybe you should recreate it by opening the trading screen and leave it open for 5-10 minutes and IMO it's very possible it affected weaker processors the most.
NantoCodd

Postby Jarewill » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:01 am

Thank you for the help!
I've been able to recreate the issue.

I don't exactly know what I can do to fix it, except finally rewriting those scripts to ZScript menus.
Jarewill

Re: [Release 1.6] Lost Frontier - a Strife mod

Postby Jarewill » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:24 pm

I think I might have been able to fix the shop menus lagging the game.
I haven't been able to replicate the issues anymore on my end, so I hope they have been fixed.

Also a few extra changes:
- Fixed armor not counting towards weight.
- Fixed Acolytes not being alerted while getting shot.
- Ledge climbing: hold space while facing a wall with dagger equipped. (Or while sprinting)
- Flamer, missiles and electric bolts have been buffed: more range on the flamer, more damage on the missiles and electric bolts now stun most robots for a period of time.
- Robots are no longer completely immune to fire damage.
Jarewill

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods