[0.7] Punkwild! (Punk never dies!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP 0.4] Punkwild!(Demon slaying punk girl)

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Nice ..thanks for the update ... can't wait to play
A.Gamma

Re: [WIP 0.4.1] Punkwild!(Demon slaying punk girl)

Post by A.Gamma »

Here's version 0.4.1! It's mostly bug fixes and very minor changes.

Changelog
Spoiler:
You'll notice that I did not include a fix to the issue Darkrune brought up. That's because while trying to pinpoint it's exact origins, it stopped occuring. I did not change anything and yet could not replicate it again. I will continue to look for a fix for it, in the meantime, if you encounter this issue, make sure to take note on what you where doing, what weapon you were using, which monsters you were fighting, which wad you were playing, etc.

AGPunk_0.4.1
bad_juju

Post by bad_juju »

Hey, Mode is pretty cool, HUD is very good, Jazz is cool As hell. But I think dash system sucks. Maybe You Will add Demonsteele-like dash? (IDK how good dash system works on PC, But on Android it's unusable). Still, mod feels fantastic To play!
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

bad_juju wrote:Hey, Mode is pretty cool, HUD is very good, Jazz is cool As hell. But I think dash system sucks. Maybe You Will add Demonsteele-like dash? (IDK how good dash system works on PC, But on Android it's unusable). Still, mod feels fantastic To play!
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the mod :D

As for the dash, it was brought to my attention previously, and so I'll try to tweak KeksDose's code so that players can toggle between double tapping and a hotkey press for the dashes.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I want to add that on PC dash system works wonderfully, at least for me. If you want some different feedback, here it is.
Ferretmanjcdenton

This bug happened again ...
I used idkfa and played through a map when suddenly I got the second revolver ..I shoot a few demons and changed to the uzi but when I pressed fire it wouldn't shoot ...and I couldn't change weapons again ..
Ferretmanjcdenton

I was recording a video of your mod ...sadly it's now unusable:(

But I could upload it for you to see if You are interested
A.Gamma

Post by A.Gamma »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:This bug happened again ...
I used idkfa and played through a map when suddenly I got the second revolver ..I shoot a few demons and changed to the uzi but when I pressed fire it wouldn't shoot ...and I couldn't change weapons again ..
Ah, crap. And here I was about to upload a new version.

Anyway, thanks for the detailed explanation on how to replicate the bug, I'll upload a fix later today or tomorrow.

EDIT!

Here's a fixed version! It was not as complicated as I thought, so I'm uploading now. This version fixes the issues reported by Ferretmanjcdenton and also includes an updated dash system. You can now choose between double tapping or hotkey dashing!

AGPunk_0.4.2

Changelog
Spoiler:
Ferretmanjcdenton

Re: [WIP 0.4.2] Punkwild!(Demon slaying punk girl)

Thanks ...I'll try it later ..
A.Gamma

Re: [WIP 0.5] Punkwild!(Demon slaying punk girl)

Post by A.Gamma »

Hey! Here's a big update for all of you guys. The main differences you'll notice will be a brand new shotgun, new Cyberdemon and new attacks for the Mastermind, plus a lot of balance changes and even some weapon reworks! For the full list of changes, take a look below or at the OP.

Changelog
Version 0.5
  • Changed the Cyberdemon to the Terminator and gave it appropiate attacks and resistances.
  • Gave the Mastermind new attacks so that it's deadlier and more challenging.
  • Reworked the Cacodemon to be deadlier but less annoying overall.
  • New sprites for the Blood Fiend, which is now called Demonic Pig (It's just what it sounds like!)
  • New replacer for the Spectre! The apparition is fast and very hard to see, but it deals overall low damage.
  • The Napalm Launcher has been soft reworked: It now holds 150 ammo in the magazine and 150 in reserve (300 with backpack), each primary fire consumes 15 ammo for a maximum of 10 shots. The secondary fire is now closer to the Doom 2 plasma rifle, and will deal decent damage on direct fire or be used to set the floor on fire and create some space.
  • Buffed the Assault Rifle for both fire modes, plus gave it an increased ammo pool. It now holds 48 ammo on the magazine with 240 on reserve (480 with backpack)
  • Buffed the Uzis.
  • New sprites and sounds for the shotgun (third time's the charm) plus a very slight rework to it. It now holds 12 ammo in the magazine and 48 in reserve (96 with backpack). It deals less damage per shot, but has more DPS overall. The altfire was also made faster and easier to use at mid range.
  • Buffed the heal on the Baseball Bat, but gave it a long cooldown.
  • Gave a cooldown to the Baseball Bat so that players are no longer able to turn it off and on repeatdly.
  • Added an Anarchy soft-cap. After passing this point, the Anarchy you accumulate will slowly decay. This option can be turned off or balanced to your liking.
Without further ado, here's the DOWNLOAD!

As always, let me know if you find any bugs and I'll get to fixing them ASAP. Happy Dooming!
A.Gamma

Re: [0.5.1] Punkwild! (Updated 11/26/20)

Post by A.Gamma »

Here's a small (but vital) update since 0.5 has a game breaking bug! I also updated the Eviternity patch and added an Ancient Aliens one.

AGPunk_0.5.1.

Changelog
Versions 0.5.1
  • Fixed a bug where leaving a level with the heal or bat cooldowns active will cause them to get stuck.
  • Made the bullets from the Spidermastermind and Terminator more visible.
  • Changed the damage of the Assault Rifle from (52-56) to (52-55).
  • Jazz is no longer hurt by leftover fire from the Napalm Launcher.
Enjoy and have fun!
A.Gamma

Re: [0.5.2] Punkwild! (Updated 12/13/20)

Post by A.Gamma »

Keeping up with these small updates. More balance changes and bugfixes. Let me know how it's working for you guys.

Punkwild! 0.5.2

Changelog
Versions 0.5.2
  • Added an option to select what kind of reward (if any) the player gets for getting 100% kills and secrets.
  • Tried to fix a bug where the Anarchy Decay system would stop working after loading a game.
  • Increased the ammo pool of the UZIs from 250/500 to 300/600.
  • Increased the damage of the UZIs from (10-13) to (11-14).
  • Reduced the health of the Spider Mastermind from 5500 to 5000
  • The Spider Mastermind will no longer use it's Mindblast attack unless the player is in melee range.
  • Reduced the damage of the Dementia Demon(Cacodemon) from 10*CVar to 8*CVar.
A.Gamma

Re: [0.6] Punkwild! (New Weapon! 4/26/21)

Post by A.Gamma »

Long time without an update! I was originally going to add some more things before uploading version 0.6, but a recen playthrough of Plutonia 2 showed that as it stands right now, the changes are significant enough to deserve an upload.

So here it is, this version has a lot of tweaks to weapons and monsters, plus brand new weapon sounds and the return of a facelifted Version 0.1 Riotgun, now taking the spot of the super-shotgun.
There are some things that I'll like to do in the coming weeks and months and if everything goes well, I want to release version 1.0 on the one year anniversary of this mod.

Download
Download Punkwild! 0.6

Changelog
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [0.5.2] Punkwild! (New Weapon! 4/26/21)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Awesome! Gonna download this when i get home from work.
A.Gamma

Re: [0.6] Punkwild! (New Weapon! 4/26/21)

Post by A.Gamma »

Heads up, the uploaded version has a small bug where the falloff damage for the Terminator Heavy Shotgun attack kicks in immediately. I fixed the bug and re-uploaded the file. Same link as before.
Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Awesome! Gonna download this when i get home from work.
Awesome! Looking forward to your thougths on it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”