Cold as Hell: Decampaignified 1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheNightATK300

Re: Cold as Hell: Decampaignified 1.0B

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Bug, you can move freely with the MOUNTED BAR when the magazine is empty. Intentional?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

The ACS bits that checks your health and either slows or speeds you up occasionally pops up and resets your speed when using the mounted BAR. I sorta tried circumventing this by putting the 0 speed stuff all over the mounted BAR's states, you'll notice that you immediately grind back to a halt after a second or two. Nothing I can do about it short of overhauling the entire health system so it doesn't do that, but I'm unfortunately not good enough to do something that major.
Eggs
Location: "I see nothing, I was not here, I did not even get up this morning!"

Post by Eggs »

Quick little bug report thing,
E3M8 is unbeatable, the boss when killed doesn't trigger the ending stuff, leaving you stuck there basically. all other boss monsters were fine so far, just that one seems to
be a bit broken.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Yeah, looks like A_BossDeath only works on the initial monster that has the special attached, not its drops (which was how I did the phase thing).

Uploaded an update that adds in A_BossDeath to the initial monster. This does mean that the fight ends earlier than it should be, but atleast this should allow players to finish E3M8 or any other related maps that use such triggers. Though of course, if you meet a Pilot that doesn't have the specials attached, you're still in for a multi phase fight.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, and also i would like to know what the health bonus replacement is. Some kind of bandage? It's hard to know because the graphic is rather crispy. Some graphic enhancement for the mod would be nice, though.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Will you replace the keycards with the corresponding keys from CaH?
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

ZikShadow wrote:The ACS bits that checks your health and either slows or speeds you up occasionally pops up and resets your speed when using the mounted BAR. I sorta tried circumventing this by putting the 0 speed stuff all over the mounted BAR's states, you'll notice that you immediately grind back to a halt after a second or two. Nothing I can do about it short of overhauling the entire health system so it doesn't do that, but I'm unfortunately not good enough to do something that major.
No, what I meant is that you literally move freely (without slowing you down to an absolute crawl) without any restrictions once the Mounted BAR's magazine is at 0, and you do not reload at all. I noticed the bit of drag when you attempt to move it with the firearm, but the one I mentioned is a different story.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Captain J wrote:Oh, and also i would like to know what the health bonus replacement is. Some kind of bandage? It's hard to know because the graphic is rather crispy. Some graphic enhancement for the mod would be nice, though.
Pretty much the "stimpack" kit but opened up and its tools/med supplies used up.
Interestingly, I just did up the res on the healing items. Should look less crusty.
EddieMann wrote:Will you replace the keycards with the corresponding keys from CaH?
No. CaH's keys are difficult to distinguish, hard to see since they're so small, and the cards are the only ones that are replaced anyways by the keys (unless you want colored notes to replace the skulls or something).
TheNightATK300 wrote:No, what I meant is that you literally move freely (without slowing you down to an absolute crawl) without any restrictions once the Mounted BAR's magazine is at 0, and you do not reload at all. I noticed the bit of drag when you attempt to move it with the firearm, but the one I mentioned is a different story.
Found out what you meant. Looks like I forgot to add another 0 speed flag to one of the states. Should be good now.
Captain J

Re: Cold as Hell: Decampaignified 1.0C

Post by Captain J »

Huh... So that's a stim? Interesting. But not so sure because some people might be confused over such sprites because the pickup messages are all gone and whatnot! But it's your call.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Once a level has you die to end it only for the next one to begin, the HUD is practically gone - no ammo/key count, nor health/bandage meter. That right there's a bug. (Oh, sidenote -- replace skulls with the colored notes too.)
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

EddieMann wrote:Once a level has you die to end it only for the next one to begin, the HUD is practically gone - no ammo/key count, nor health/bandage meter.
Ah, death exits. I knew I missed something. Added no_hud=0 to the map enter ACS script, should get the HUD back up after the death exit finishes.
Captain J wrote:the pickup messages are all gone and whatnot
Wait, do you mean like the pickup messages aren't specific or do you mean the messages are all gone? I kept the "First Aid" text intact for the used kit 'cause that's how CaH did it for both the small medpack and the large one.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh... Wait, nevermind. I didn't know that you updated the mod. Now i can see both pickup items and the message clearly. Sorry!

But it's kinda weird that the message are not shown in the console.
ZikShadow

Re: Cold as Hell: Decampaignified 1.1

Post by ZikShadow »

Was getting a pinch annoyed at Strange Aeons' long range combat bits with sniper-type enemies. Decided to add an equalizer to the mix. The M1903A1 Springfield Sniper Rifle! At last something to finally fill the Slot 0 gap (not counting the mounted BAR if you cheated). Rarely spawns in chainsaw slots with its ammo in cells (even then, the ammo only comes in 3).
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Finally some new weapon! The amount of pickup ammo item is quite small imo, but that works too.
Max_Imus_
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Max_Imus_ »

Hey, have you ever thought about making a "decampaignified" version of Cold As Hell's maps?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”